Page 91 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Right, but what do these workers do for the cruise ships or airlines when theres no work. I mean are they gonna just get paid to sit at home till things get better? lol

Most people on ship work on 6 month contracts. So yeah they will “sit around” and clean the ship or paint or do whatever needs to be done.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Right, but what do these workers do for the cruise ships or airlines when theres no work. I mean are they gonna just get paid to sit at home till things get better? lol

Most people on ship work on 6 month contracts. So yeah they will “sit around” and clean the ship or paint or do whatever needs to be done.

Bet there's gonna be a lot of fucking

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    theres also going to be some sort of gov bailout once they make the inevitable 'err on the side of caution' grounding announcement and tbh im not sure how thats going to play against the organic hit on value.
    IMO there is an implicit put on airline stocks...however you want to define them, quasi-government entity, quasi-utility, etc...meaning the gobment will step in and stop them from going bankrupt because we can't function without them...

I was looking at the UALs, LUVs, JBLUs of the world just for context...it can get a whole lot fucking worse from here...there will definitely be a chance to buy, but at this point it's probably like catching a falling knife...these next quarter earnings are gonna be fucking bad...

Name:  ual.PNG
Views: 5527
Size:  53.3 KB
    Name:  jblu.PNG
Views: 5539
Size:  51.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    theres also going to be some sort of gov bailout once they make the inevitable 'err on the side of caution' grounding announcement and tbh im not sure how thats going to play against the organic hit on value.
    IMO there is an implicit put on airline stocks...however you want to define them, quasi-government entity, quasi-utility, etc...meaning the gobment will step in and stop them from going bankrupt because we can't function without them...

I was looking at the UALs, LUVs, JBLUs of the world just for context...it can get a whole lot fucking worse from here...there will definitely be a chance to buy, but at this point it's probably like catching a falling knife...these next quarter earnings are gonna be fucking bad...

Name:  ual.PNG
Views: 5527
Size:  53.3 KB
    Name:  jblu.PNG
Views: 5539
Size:  51.8 KB

90% of my entire options profile are airline / cruise puts.

the rest = spy puts.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also ive been so obsessed with targetting airlines that do international flights that i havent even considered how much meat is left on the bones of domestics.

time to rebalance.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    s&p futures are basically in tire fire mode.

Load Metric
    oil down 27% means there will be some people involved with the energy sector offing themselves tonight

Load Metric
    free gas + mortgages that pay you = do we even really need bernie?

Load Metric
    free gas + mortgages that pay you = do we even really need bernie?

The man has a point

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    oil down 27% means there will be some people involved with the energy sector offing themselves tonight
    oh man, anybody for some major oil opening down 10-15% tomorrow?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    So we count on the kindness of Asians to keep our record setting debt afloat.

We always could be counted on to offer the best rates in town. We dealt an attractive game. But now we are near zero or soon will be. It’s priced in.

As we line up our bets I gotta ask, who is gonna buy treasuries with this shitty yield? I mean the house of cards relies on the cycle continuing uninterrupted, amirite?

The dollar currency exchange is part of the nightmare scenario.

Like all wagers that are too obvious I got to ask, “What am I missing?”

This strikes me as a shit show of a problem. I’ll play along with corona being a passing faze. Let’s say the market is pure Corona. We haven’t even made the next cut yet. Don’t tell me about rate hikes.

I don’t get it. We are fucked.

Fed balance sheet each morning should be fun too.

I’ve been saying we are fucked for so long now I’ve missed the biggest bull Market In history. What’s the adage about the market remaining irrational longer than I can remain solvent?! Anyway, best answer I’ve come to is that everyone else is fucked worse than us; so the whole best in class nonsense.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It's going to be a blood bath tomorrow. Likely an airline or someone going bankrupt. The oil hedge will have massive margin calls for some people and likely will lead to massive short squeeze and liquidation of major corporations. I'd guess British Airways or any company that main expense is oil, who would go long futures.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Will be way worse for those that own futures. An unrealized unbalanced hedge that goes against you 30% is much worse than being long via production.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    It's going to be a blood bath tomorrow. Likely an airline or someone going bankrupt. The oil hedge will have massive margin calls for some people and likely will lead to massive short squeeze and liquidation of major corporations. I'd guess British Airways or any company that main expense is oil, who would go long futures.

The real problem is the computers and charts are in control. We are through so many moving averages and other medium to longer term indicators that the market has to test lows. We have done nothing but go straight up for 12 years we are badly exposed and frankly have no idea where the bottoms are.

I’ll be selling things I never thought I’d sell this week for sure. I feel comfortable saying things will be cheaper in 6-9 months than now. Crazy thing is you really can’t short it all now either because at any time the Fed can step and and take us to 0% and drop 1T into the market.

Load Metric
    spy closed at 297, bought 3 march 13 280 put contracts before the bell.

currently trading at ... 282 and dropping.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    every dollar in the crude futures is worth $1000 per contract...

gonna guess there are some guys out there sitting on gains where they can just kick their feet up and take a nice 9 month vacation...and other guys who have nuked themselves into oblivion...

but maybe not on that second part...if you are naked long in size in this environment into a weekend without some sorta protection you probably never made it very far in trading...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    im reading we tripped limit down in SP futures? is that true?

looks like indeed that is the case...we be done going down for the night...

Load Metric
    Reminds me of that time Sonatine’s bicep tendon ripped clean from the bone cause he wouldn’t stop juicin

His solution was more roids

Can’t talk to the guy, I swear

Load Metric
    Name:  3E4AD0E2-F9E2-4B73-87A2-78E4D3AD5B76.jpeg
Views: 5396
Size:  59.7 KB

Load Metric
    Somebody please explain to me how you run a $25t debt with 0% treasuries. Cause I’d like to know.

Thread Information