Load Metric
    actual imagine of Elon designing the cyber truck

Name:  937FC39F-2927-42BD-8224-25BA409BE05C.png
Views: 1403
Size:  2.39 MB
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Pre-market 344.94 −9.89 (2.79%)

the most expensive broken windows in history.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Pre-market 344.94 −9.89 (2.79%)

the most expensive broken windows in history.

bought it during the last big drop at around 190 I think; sold at 220 like a dipshit. stock will either be at 3000 in a decade or busto. haven't figured out which yet.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    so what the fuck do we have on our hands here exactly?

its an eco-hummer basically, yes?
    except really fucking ugly

and what kind of range are you getting with it hauling a boat?

just another vaporware product from elon to try to pump up the stock so he doesn't get margin called on the millions (billions?) of loans against his stock - i mean the triple engine AWD isn't expected to be delivered until at least 2022 according to the order page (and the $100 deposit is fully refundable)

i love elon's vision, and we def need more people like him, but his vision rarely aligns with reality
    edit: he rarely executes his vision

if he wasn't such a slave to the highly leveraged loans against his stock i think the company would have a MUCH better long term future
    The problem with your analysis is that it is incorrect.

Musk ALWAYS delivers on the vision, just not always on time. And Musk is one of the great money raisers ever, he has zero risk of "margin calls" lol.

You're all wet here my friend.

Still glad to see you posting though.

Comments

WillieMcFML: tony if you don't think elon is leveraged to the hilt, you haven't been paying attention. so is kimbal btw, read the dispositions

Load Metric
    Have to agree with Willie that truck is butt fucking ugly, but some dopes will buy it anyway. I have had trucks since i could drive and although i do like the idea of a electric truck. I think Elons time would be better spent on designing a delivery van. not a truck that generally get abused and used in less than excellent conditions. It is not a truck that will be used for "Work"
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

I certainly hope so. I'd like to add to my position but $351 is a pretty rich valuation at this time and the technicals indicate the stock is overbought.

Not sure why you're bearish on the pickup, will be interesting to see the reaction. NOTHING would surprise me as it relates to TSLA the stock.

The real bull case for me surrounds the combo of the model Y and the Shanghai giga factory, along with Tesla's huge lead in autonomous driving data.
    I'm hoping it tanks so I can double my position at around the 315 range.

My analysis/concern with the pickups:

The pickup market in America is oddly specific; the audience is uniquely unsophisticated and that's reflected in the rise of average prices and the deployment of an entirely new class of predatory subprime auto loans designed SPECIFICALLY to rope rubes into buying trucks that cost what luxury boats were going for a generation ago. Somewhere around here I had an absolute masterclass of an article on exactly this, but you've probably already read it.

So my concern is two-fold;

1) Where is the entry point for a an electric pickup truck in that market? This fucking truck's biggest technical selling point is its torque. Excuse me but what modern pickup truck lacks torque?

2) It looks like something out of Bladerunner, and thats not something someone shopping for a pickup truck is going to want to fuck with. When you see those videos of drunk povs keying and kicking Teslas? Those are basically pickup truck owners. They HATE Teslas, they hate people who drive Teslas, they love rolling coal and hanging brass testicles off their bumpers.

The only people who are going to buy these fucking things are gov agencies looking to meet emission standards. And thats not going to be an insignificant market. But the loudest voices in the room arent going to be guys with pocket protectors and combovers, first its going to be a bunch of working class morons laughing at the mere notion of driving one of those things in public, and then it's going to be the shorts retweeting those responses, and then its going to be main stream media saying "everyone hates these fuckin things and TSLA just lost 18% in 24 hours".

Ultimately I think its going to be a break even product because again, gov agencies spend a lot of money on gas and they have CO2 caps to contend with, so its possible they will become the prime consumers and in numbers that sustain it as a niche product.

But it aint gonna be no Model 3.

Caveat: I'm not dumping shares to rebuy after a dip because the market makes absolutely no fucking sense at all lately. But if it does drop, I'm going balls deep.
    I still don't agree with your prediction that all of the gains will be given up, but ultimately you correctly predicted the stock action after the truck announcement and that's damn impressive.

Nice job.

Comments

sonatine: <3

Load Metric
    you know whats funny... i think the broken windows are actually distracting the market from the greater issues with the offering and this plunge would have been much deeper if not for the black comedy of that moment.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Put on your tinfoil hat, but conspiracy theorists believe the windows reacted as planned.

Cue another demo of windows in a month or two where they work.....more press

Load Metric
    thing is, ballistic glass isnt supposed to be shatterproof. its just supposed to not disintegrate like a normal safety glass car window (turning all the shards into shrapnel in the process), and its supposed to stop a bullet from penetrating.

it really sounds like musk had no idea thats what it was, and got exactly what he asked for, and was thusly humiliated.

case in point:

Load Metric
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybe...s-solar-panels

ok shit just got real.

you can roll out a solar cover for the back that generates enough charge for up to 15 miles of transport every 24 hours.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Put on your tinfoil hat, but conspiracy theorists believe the windows reacted as planned.

Cue another demo of windows in a month or two where they work.....more press
    Pretty dumb conspiracy theory. "Hey, only some of our windows are faulty". The damage is done. Obviously they can go in and correct it and make sure they have a piece of demonstration glass that won't do that, but the fact that they were unprepared for it in the first place is awful on their part.

Comments

sonatine: extremely coge

Load Metric

Load Metric
    That ball was quite a bit smaller.

What nobody is talking about was they have been the first option to market in all their previous rollouts.

They will be at least the fourth truck to market this time. Rivian, GM and Ford should all beat them to market which is an entirely different game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    That ball was quite a bit smaller.

What nobody is talking about was they have been the first option to market in all their previous rollouts.

They will be at least the fourth truck to market this time. Rivian, GM and Ford should all beat them to market which is an entirely different game.

This is a really, really good point and I hadnt considered it.

My 'other side of the coin' perspective on this would be, its unclear whether their underpinning economic agenda ever counted on this truck selling over 100k units, or if its just a way of keeping their brand interesting while the Model S/3/X/Y keep the lights on.

EG is this another Boring Flamethrower or was it

I really dont have an answer but I do think its very very very interesting that their stock 'only' crashed $20'ish.

I also think its very very very interesting that I know people irl who have pre-ordered it. Honestly did not see that one coming.

Load Metric
    146k cybertruck preorders.

Id love to know how many model 3 preorders there were after their unveiling for comparison.

Load Metric
    I ordered one.

Load Metric
    on the strength, before i order a model Y im going to seriously consider the same. the solar roof was the tipping point for me.

Platinum
    Load Metric

so this is real life. screen capped for posterity:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

-200 trump has the fsb vanish him because he 100% believes this is true.
    I can't believe Elon Musk was behind all of this. Shameful

Load Metric
    lol hat tip to gordo.

Thread Information