Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Las Vegas police chase with movie-style ending

Load Metric
    Great video. I am also doubting the safety hazard of shooting thru your own windshield, but I guess it worked. Great job by the officer for not just backing off, which I feel happens way too often in car chases.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    Great video. I am also doubting the safety hazard of shooting thru your own windshield, but I guess it worked. Great job by the officer for not just backing off, which I feel happens way too often in car chases.

Yeah, your feelings on the matter are not germane, unless perhaps it is your wife who is killed by the cop blowing through the intersection to be the hero when the reality is they can almost always catch these guys later.

Comments

drufdajewgod:

SysOp:

Sanlmar:

Shizzmoney:

varys: Ok ill write something dweebs

duped_samaritan: bc of you I looked up a new word (germane)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post
    Seems pretty reckless to shoot through the window imo. The glass could easily change the trajectory . It isnt like he is chasing these guys out in some remote area.
    LE and military are taught to shoot through glass...if a last resort. It's not optimal but they do practice it because sometimes its the best route through the target, balancing sight line (10-2 o'clock) and cover (the glass/car itself) as supposed to hanging over the edge of the car door like they do in the movies

https://www.tactical-life.com/lifest...through-glass/

Comments

gimmick:
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Yeah, your feelings on the matter are not germane, unless perhaps it is your wife who is killed by the cop blowing through the intersection to be the hero when the reality is they can almost always catch these guys later.
    I was almost tboned by a cop running a light, heading for, you guessed it, a theft at a dollar store. there was about 9 cop cars there. lol another time as well, they were chasing a guy, had I been 3 seconds earlier I would've been smoked by the suspect or the 7 cops chasing him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post

you gotta look on the bright side.
    1 of these fucks is dead now(thankfully) so no need to give him 3 squares a day for the next 40 years.
    Cop did his job he took a few risks but this dude got the fucking job done and done well only way he coulda done a better job was if he killed the other piece of shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

you gotta look on the bright side.
    1 of these fucks is dead now(thankfully) so no need to give him 3 squares a day for the next 40 years.
    Cop did his job he took a few risks but this dude got the fucking job done and done well only way he coulda done a better job was if he killed the other piece of shit
    Oh I’m glad he’s dead. I’ve just handled two of these claims in my career for injured /killed innocent bystanders and When you see their grief and realize it was usually preventable, it gives you a somber perspective. This is why Many jurisdictions now have a no chase policy under some circumstances.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The problem was that these guys just walked up to a dude and shot him dead earlier in the morning, and they had no idea if more murders were coming.

So they couldn't just let these guys drive off, and possibly kill people, just to avoid a police chase.

It's not like a situation where a cop tries to pull over a random and he runs. In that situation, it's probably just an attempt to dodge an arrest, so I can understand the argument for letting them go.

I'm of the belief that they should always chase people who run, or otherwise no-chase policies will just enable all criminals to get in a car and evade arrest if they know they won't be chased.

Comments

incognito81: I agree with your CPA/CFO mind.

Load Metric
    duped_samaritan: bc of you I looked up a new word (germane)

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Buford T FUCKING Justice Rep!

snowtracks: Summ Bitch

Sanlmar: Lol. Germane 3:45

Load Metric
    Cabezon is Spanish for hard headed.....Oh the irony

"Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Interesting how Metro immediately, and of their own accord, released this bodycam video of a cop acting straight out of a John Woo movie, who was extremely fortunate not to have injured any bystanders. Especially since the investigation of the still-living suspect may be ongoing, which is often the reason police cite for refusing to release bodycam footage and other public records.

Contrast that with how Metro fought for months, racking up at least six figures of taxpayer-funded legal expenses, against releasing bodycam footage and other public records from the 1 October shooting. Especially after Sheriff Lombardo admitted that there was no investigation into a second shooter.

Really makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Comments

snowtracks: All Police Departments should follow Metro

Thread Information