Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacha Baron Cohen latest project, “Who is America?”

Load Metric

Sacha Baron Cohen latest project, “Who is America?”

Here’s a sneak peek.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Credit where it's due that's a funny watch.

Comments

zealanddonk: Credit where its jew rep
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny, and amazing that he got people like Trent Lott to go along with something so outrageous.

A little sad that Cohen is getting this political, though.

While he's taken aim at rednecks and politicians before, this was clearly an effort to both humiliate the right and push a gun control message.

I'm sure Cohen could find idiot politicians and activists on the left to say similar stupid things about some of their pet controversial issues. I doubt he'd ever have the balls to do this, though, because the left never likes mocking their own.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Funny, and amazing that he got people like Trent Lott to go along with something so outrageous.

While he's taken aim at rednecks and politicians before, this was clearly an effort to both humiliate the right and push a gun control message.

I'm sure Cohen could find idiot politicians and activists on the left to say similar stupid things about some of their pet controversial issues. I doubt he'd ever have the balls to do this, though, because the left never likes mocking their own.
    He did Bernie Sanders in this series, Druff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahrahrasputin View Post

He didn't make Bernie look like an idiot though. He made his own republican character look like an idiot.

I don't think Bernie could have come off much better tbh.

The show is gold though and I can not wait to see the Roy Moore episode.

Name:  09add834c3ec406640eabb66e041831d.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  135.7 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahrahrasputin View Post

He didn't make Bernie look like an idiot though. He made his own republican character look like an idiot.

I don't think Bernie could have come off much better tbh.
    Oh, I haven't seen that interview yet. I was kind of pleased to see him fooling on both sides of *shudder* American politics. Guess not.

Load Metric

This is nothing new he's done the exact same for over ten years. Not sure why you would expect different. He will go after some left but that's more so the fashion/art/hollywood community (see below for why he attacks them but not other aspects of left ideology)

Also the reason people don't attack the left is that the left tends to stick up for minorities. Comedy sketches don't work very well when you attack a disenfranchised group. Much more acceptable to attack the dominate paradigm it just so happens that republicans stick up for them.

Last edited by BetCheckBet; 07-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Load Metric
    Why do we need a "sneak peek" when the episode already aired?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I doubt he'd ever have the balls to do this, though, because the left never likes mocking their own.
    Or you could just watch the show and see that he actually does mock liberals.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Which liberals are mocked?

For some reason I doubt it's nearly with the zeal and nastiness that he goes after conservatives.

BTW, where have I heard the "arm everyone in a totally inappropriate place and see what happens" joke before?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh yeah

Load Metric
    Which liberals are mocked?
    SBC plays a ridiculous character named Dr. Nira Cain-N’Degeocello (@drniracain), mocking all liberals.

Load Metric
    Hilarious imo. The art lady donating her pubes was amazing and the NRA guy really pissed me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

This is nothing new he's done the exact same for over ten years. Not sure why you would expect different. He will go after some left but that's more so the fashion/art/hollywood community (see below for why he attacks them but not other aspects of left ideology)

Also the reason people don't attack the left is that the left tends to stick up for minorities. Comedy sketches don't work very well when you attack a disenfranchised group. Much more acceptable to attack the dominate paradigm it just so happens that republicans stick up for them.
    Sensitive? Whomever is in power should be ready to take numerable shots to the head and I'm not talking Kennedy style.
    On SNL, not that long ago, listen to the vitriol laid upon the Clintons in Weekend Update. Understood, N. MacDonald is not a lefty but
    this was never his show. Druff is so transparent
    See if you can stand to watch a minute or two chubby

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Cohen is a smart and creative guy, and could skewer the left and make them look completely ridiculous the way he does with the right in the clips posted here.

I haven't seen all his work (such as that Dr. Nira whatever), so maybe he's already doing it and I'm not realizing it, but to me it sounds like he goes a lot easier on the left than he does the right.

Off the top of my head, I'm sure he could create an "abortion activist" character and find all kinds of liberals and Democratic politicians willing to go along with something crazy like legalizing 8 1/2 month abortions.

But I doubt he'd ever do something like this, because it would somewhat validate the right's narrative that the pro-choice crowd is completely okay with killing actual human lives, and it could end up harming the public's impression of Cohen's preferred US political party. He'd be afraid that the average viewer wouldn't understand that he's showing a few select idiots, and that the mainstream left doesn't actually support 8 1/2 month abortions.

But he's perfectly fine having the typical viewer walk away believing that the average Republican feels it's a good idea to arm 5-year-olds in order to prevent school shootings.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    DOJ Charges Russian National Mariia Butina With Acting As Foreign Agent

WASHINGTON ― A Russian national with close ties to the National Rifle Association and to a well-connected Republican operative was arrested this week and indicted for illegally acting as an unregistered agent of the Russian Federation, federal authorities announced on Monday.
    There's no political agenda and lol at the Christian clowns eating all that bullshit because he's an "expert" fr Israel.

Load Metric
    Fucking Mossad.

Load Metric

Cohen is a smart and creative guy, and could skewer the left and make them look completely ridiculous the way he does with the right in the clips posted here.

I haven't seen all his work (such as that Dr. Nira whatever), so maybe he's already doing it and I'm not realizing it, but to me it sounds like he goes a lot easier on the left than he does the right.

Off the top of my head, I'm sure he could create an "abortion activist" character and find all kinds of liberals and Democratic politicians willing to go along with something crazy like legalizing 8 1/2 month abortions.

But I doubt he'd ever do something like this, because it would somewhat validate the right's narrative that the pro-choice crowd is completely okay with killing actual human lives, and it could end up harming the public's impression of Cohen's preferred US political party. He'd be afraid that the average viewer wouldn't understand that he's showing a few select idiots, and that the mainstream left doesn't actually support 8 1/2 month abortions.

But he's perfectly fine having the typical viewer walk away believing that the average Republican feels it's a good idea to arm 5-year-olds in order to prevent school shootings.
    As someone that leans left but mostly DGAF about politics my thought was holy shit theres more than one person “in power” that thinks arming kids that cant tie their shoes is not only an option but a good fucking idea.

Hes taking aim at our country in its current form. My guess is that you couldve written your review without even watching the show. Most of us know what ali g has been about for several years now. I think hes hilarious regardless of who hes throwing shit at, my guess is you dont?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

As someone that leans left but mostly DGAF about politics my thought was holy shit theres more than one person “in power” that thinks arming kids that cant tie their shoes is not only an option but a good fucking idea.

Hes taking aim at our country in its current form. My guess is that you couldve written your review without even watching the show. Most of us know what ali g has been about for several years now. I think hes hilarious regardless of who hes throwing shit at, my guess is you dont?
    Come on now, Druff has been having opinions with only half the facts for as long as I've been on this site. Especially when it comes to anything left of centre. Why are you surprised?

Load Metric
    guys please can we stop focusing on this stupid hack series and get back to discussing how it reinforces druffs position that hollywood is a nest of vindictive hippie queen sex predators sniping at very stable conservative geniuses?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Wow, to hear Trent Lott and the others run promos for the program. You just can't make this stuff up. Media whoring at its worst. Its so important to be on TV these idiots will say and go along with anything. All because a tough Israeli egged them on . Brilliant.

Thread Information