Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotherFUCK Payless Car Rentals

Load Metric
    The fact this conversation is happening is literally blowing my mind.

Hey you guys want me to call you a taxi to come over and buy my tube tv, CRT monitor, Razor flip phone, and Windows XP computer while you are using obsolete services?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    The fact this conversation is happening is literally blowing my mind.

Hey you guys want me to call you a taxi to come over and buy my tube tv, CRT monitor, Razor flip phone, and Windows XP computer while you are using obsolete services?
    Why is car rental an obsolete service?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Also, you've gotta be super aggressive to fight for what you paid for, or alternately, to get a discount when you don't get that.

Even the better companies will try that shit, because they often run out of cars and will try to stick you with the leftover crap at the end of the day.
    This is true. I have a buddy who works for a company that rents him a new car every month rather than buy him a company car. It struck me as weird, but I’m sure they have their reasons. He uses Avis and still has to fight with them every month for his upgrade. You’d think they’d love him considering he’s just 30 day rental after 30 day rental, but they try to dick him around every month on the upgrade and downgrade him when they’re out of cars and charge his company the same rate. Among free market businesses, car rental is the worst. It’s like dealing with a cable company who have virtual monopolies.

Load Metric
    Looked at my contract again and they charged me and airport facility charge recovery fee even though they're not at the airport. Obv that is also getting charged back.

I don't think I'll get anywhere talking to management or corporate as it turns out they are a franchise. Probably going straight to chargeback.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Looked at my contract again and they charged me and airport facility charge recovery fee even though they're not at the airport. Obv that is also getting charged back.

I don't think I'll get anywhere talking to management or corporate as it turns out they are a franchise. Probably going straight to chargeback.
    Donger, Donger, Donger. You got fucking WORKED by PAYLESS RENT A CAR. FUCKING SUCK IT. Hahahaha. You got fucking WORKED.

Comments

hongkonger: May a diseased yak invade your underpants

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    druff has been crushing it comedy wise a few threads. wut makes it even funnier is that he's not trying to be funny
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Donger, Donger, Donger. You got fucking WORKED by PAYLESS RENT A CAR. FUCKING SUCK IT. Hahahaha. You got fucking WORKED.
    I'm going to charge back the whole thing, so they'll be the ones getting worked.

Load Metric
    I returned the car and bitched at the manager. He reversed the bullshit charges and took off another $200. Good enough.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Good result

Silver
    Load Metric
    About 15 years ago I had a reservation to pick up a car from Enterprise. My reservation was for a compact. I arrived and the agent explained to me that they had run out of cars in my class and thus I was being given a complimentary upgrade. She walks me out and takes me over to a cargo van. Not a nice mini-van but a big white Ford cargo van. I raised hell, explained that this was not an upgrade. She kept saying it was because it rents for a higher price. I explained my reason for renting the compact was to save on gas and now they were probably tripling my costs. I spoke to the manager who was apologetic and I got the entire rental free. Had I pushed I think I could have gotten more.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Should have held out for their best SUV for free.

Thread Information