Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PFA Scammer Cards

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    What about a parody type trading card with an illustration like the old garbage pale kids cards? That may be a way to avoid any legal actions...

Anny Puke
    Ray Bitarful
    Howie Stolderer
    etc
    hilarious idea. Could details of whatever their scam was also be outlined in a funny way on the back? Obviously something like this would be great advertising for the site.
    Ha, that is great, and it might work legally, especially if caricature drawings of them are done instead of pictures.

Load Metric
    Druff, that's all well and good (awesome explanation, by the way!), but what ACTUAL EVIDENCE can you produce relating to your allegations against Mark Seif -- I mean, besides your or reggiman's sworn affidavit (in which case it's a he-said-she-said mess)?

I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing these cards, but I just want to make sure you are giving serious thought to the issues... and will have evidence (confessions, convictions, etc.) to back up each and every one of your claims.

Load Metric
    What about a parody type trading card with an illustration like the old garbage pale kids cards? That may be a way to avoid any legal actions...

Anny Puke
    Ray Bitarful
    Howie Stolderer
    etc
    Unlimited potential for lulz here. Good fuckin call!

Load Metric
    Erick Lendgren

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Anny Puke
    Ray Bitarful
    Howie Stolderer
    etc
    Unlimited potential for lulz here. Good fuckin call!
    Mark Your $'s not Seif

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Druff, that's all well and good (awesome explanation, by the way!), but what ACTUAL EVIDENCE can you produce relating to your allegations against Mark Seif -- I mean, besides your or reggiman's sworn affidavit (in which case it's a he-said-she-said mess)?

I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing these cards, but I just want to make sure you are giving serious thought to the issues... and will have evidence (confessions, convictions, etc.) to back up each and every one of your claims.
    This is basically what I'm saying. Not that he can't do it, but in my honest opinion, if he's going to jump to Mark Seif cheated he shouldn't; it's going to be a problem. Much easier to say (just writing this on the fly):

Mark Seif was a former AP spokesman, and possibly a part-owner of the site, who assured the poker community there was no super-user at AP. Seif was later proven wrong, and allegations that he himself may have super-used have come to light.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

This is basically what I'm saying. Not that he can't do it, but in my honest opinion, if he's going to jump to Mark Seif cheated he shouldn't; it's going to be a problem. Much easier to say (just writing this on the fly):

Mark Seif was a former AP spokesman, and possibly a part-owner of the site, who assured the poker community there was no super-user at AP. Seif was later proven wrong, and allegations that he himself may have super-used have come to light.
    I am aware that making forward statements about things that people haven't been convicted of (or admitted to) could put me in legal trouble.

I agree that this is a problem in actually producing the deck as originally discussed.

I just thought you were doubting my claims about Seif, all legal issues aside.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I like it. One to three pithy sentences for each person. Awesome. I nominate YOU to write the first draft!

Load Metric
    Just don't put their actual names on there and use a "parody" disclaimer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    What's a parody disclaimer? Either it's a parody (and protected as Fair Use from copyright infringement claims) or it's not.
    Maybe you're talking about some other country than the U.S., I dunno.....

Load Metric
    What's a parody disclaimer? Either it's a parody (and protected as Fair Use from copyright infringement claims) or it's not.
    Something like this to denote that the material is of a satirical or parody nature. This is the same legal premise that Larry Flynt has used to beat slander and libel lawsuits for decades.

This website is intended purely for entertainment and educational purposes only. All of the material on this site is intended for purposes of SATIRE, PARODY, and HUMOR.
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 07-19-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Load Metric
    Chronic borrowers/bettors who misrepresent their situation when taking loans/action:
    Would Layne Flack be in this category?

Load Metric
    Remember, though, just because something may appear to be fair use, and fit every definition of fair use, doesn't not mean you won't get sued over it, just means you have a good defense against the charges. Still, unfortunately, does not mean you will win, even if you are correct.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Remember, though, just because something may appear to be fair use, and fit every definition of fair use, doesn't not mean you won't get sued over it, just means you have a good defense against the charges. Still, unfortunately, does not mean you will win, even if you are correct.
    Of course you are right about that.
    To be clearer, Parody/Fair Use are copyright concepts. Shortbuspoker is talking about something different -- a parody disclaimer as a defense to a defamation lawsuit. I have NO IDEA how effective such disclaimers are or would be.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    On the card, or on a separate booklet with the card, you can add a commentary "Alleged Fraud: Mark Seif superused etc etc."

All these frauds will only ever be "allegedly", because there is no jurisdiction where we can go to prosecute these SOBs. The best we can do is name and shame them with creative initiatives like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Love the Seif story, Druff - perfect read, IMO. Question: Have you seen him in poker rooms since? Heard of other players giving him shit?

If there was one thing the DOJ could do for me (and it wont happen)......it woudl be to release from 2005-2009 all of the FTP hand histories..and more for than just to see if there were superusers.

Sure, those would say it wouldn't be fair to make em public for the protection of player data. But I want to see, because I gotta say, we've HEARD of auditing of RNGs - but have we ever seen a comprehensive, full and transparent report from ANY poker site which is analyzed by a consultant AND a 3rd party (like here or 2p2)?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    have a deck w/ more than 2 jokers and add a few favorites.

sit back, and watch the lawsuits roll in.

i had a domain name of a very famous athlete. i was going to use his image to pitch jerseys and other bs. i was so afraid to do so, i did nothing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Giving this the ol bump to post something just because I find this topic hilarious being created by an ultimate scammer himself aka Jasep.

Haseeb "DOGISHEAD" Qureshi is giving away all his money after retiring from poker which happened after the whole scandal with Jungleman,etc... He wrote a book about poker he's trying to sell for super cheap too but the guy claims he's given all but $10k of his winnings away just in case he needs it for emergencies and has a website about it here:

http://haseebq.com/

Comments

DRK Star: Oh, the Iron Knee

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Giving this the ol bump to post something just because I find this topic hilarious being created by an ultimate scammer himself aka Jasep.

Haseeb "DOGISHEAD" Qureshi is giving away all his money after retiring from poker which happened after the whole scandal with Jungleman,etc... He wrote a book about poker he's trying to sell for super cheap too but the guy claims he's given all but $10k of his winnings away just in case he needs it for emergencies and has a website about it here:

http://haseebq.com/
    I don't trust this guy for a second.

Pretty sure there is some kind of angle with this thing, especially leaving himself just $10k to live on.

This guy is the classic case of a really book-smart guy who lacks the emotional maturity to make it in the world (at least so far).

Thread Information