Remember when Vanessa Selbst announced to the world that she was retiring from poker, in a move only to massage her own ego with praise from her fans, and then played in an event a short time later?

Well, "retired" Selbst is at it again. And look at this expert play on Day 1 in the deepest, slowest-moving tournament in the world (by a wide margin):

So she barrels super hard on a super-dry board, which I guess is a reasonable idea if you think your opponent missed, but once he calls your large raise, it's time to realize he actually has a good piece of it, and shut down, right? Especially because you have absolutely no hand and are drawing dead against top pair on the turn, right?

Wrong. She committed all of her chips, was called, and she was out.

She's actually done this once before in the Main, and even had a big stack at the time. That was a number of years ago.

But let's focus on today.

Not surprisingly, people on Twitter were criticizing her play.

Why?

Several reasons.

- She's been known to have a temper and berate people at the table.

- She is very outspoken on Twitter about her left-wing, SJW political views, but will block anyone who even slightly disagrees with her (even if done respectfully).

- She's extremely arrogant and rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

- She has zero self-awareness, and blames any negativity aimed at her on misogyny, homophobia, or jealousy.

- She is a prominent poker pro (former poker pro?), and played a hand really, really badly.

So this tweet from "Wretchy" (Dan Martin) apparently really got Vanessa hot under the collar:

Wretchy's needle was likely taking aim at Vanessa's outspoken limousine liberal SJW political rants, where she often complains about other people having privilege despite being rich and white herself.

Vanessa responded by writing her own Tweet (not simply responding to Wretchy), thus giving the matter even more attention.

Might as well quote these for posterity, because Vanessa is known to delete her tilt-tweets:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Selbst
wow pretty amazing how many genius keyboard warriors like @Wretchy there are in poker. I'll go back to my rich lifestyle indeed (that's an insult)? You know I got rich from poker, right? You maybe could too one day if you drastically improved your arrogance to skill ratio #butnah
Somehow she called him arrogant while displaying her own arrogance in the same tweet. Amazing!

You can click on that tweet to see the (mostly negative) response she got.

I liked this one:

A short time later, she followed up with this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Selbst
Just like in what world is it that people see a play they would never make from someone successful and the first thought is LOL IMMMA GO INSULT HER ON TWITTER BECAUSE SHE'S TERRIBLE AT POKER AND LIFE AND I AM AWESOME AND UNLUCKY AND SHE'S JUST SO LUCKY WAHHH

get a life guys

That one got even more responses:

Don't you get it, guys? Republicans supposedly hate brown people, because Vanessa said so. Therefore, it's totally different and totally okay to berate them when they're trying to respond to your political tweets.

Continued next post...