Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vanessa Selbst melts down in Main Event Day 1, bluffs off all chips with J8 no draw, tilts on Twitter after people criticized it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'd still like to know what exactly she is bringing to the table at Bridgewater.
    I'd ascertain she is there to entertain the prospective clients of Bridgewater, when they have poker games to woo clients to invest in their shitty hedge fund. Ray Dalio is quite the "star fucker", if you will, when it comes to the hedge fund scene. It's just more PR for him to have folks like her on board (a lot like Pokerstars when they sign sports stars like Usain Bolt or Ronaldo).

She also is an Ivy League lawyer so I am sure there's some value there. I just wonder how much they are paying her. It's probably high 5 to low 6 figures, which is LOL
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    I'd still like to know what exactly she is bringing to the table at Bridgewater.
    I'd ascertain she is there to entertain the prospective clients of Bridgewater, when they have poker games to woo clients to invest in their shitty hedge fund. Ray Dalio is quite the "star fucker", if you will, when it comes to the hedge fund scene. It's just more PR for him to have folks like her on board (a lot like Pokerstars when they sign sports stars like Usain Bolt or Ronaldo).

She also is an Ivy League lawyer so I am sure there's some value there. I just wonder how much they are paying her. It's probably high 5 to low 6 figures, which is LOL
    I don't think being a lawyer helps her much. She has barely practiced, and I'm sure they have very competent and experienced-in-the-field lawyers already working for them.

You're probably correct about the other part, though. There probably is some value in having a "poker star" present in the company in order to entice potential investors who are poker fans.

I still think they could have come up with a better choice for that, though. Vanessa has such an off-putting personality. I'd think they'd have done much better hiring a known poker pro who is outgoing, fun, and lighthearted. Vanessa is none of these things.

But it looks like from the article that her buddy Galen Hall got her the job, most likely when she was repeatedly losing on the tournament scene and no longer backed by Pokerstars money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

They probably watch Billions and think she is like the he/she on Billions.

Comments

Shizzmoney: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    I doubt that Vanessa is bringing very much to the table at Bridgewater.

If she was to invest her company's money buying into businesses that are only "social good" they would go broke.

Vanessa Selbst has gotten fat since she "retired" from being a "professional poker player".

I never realized she had titties, useless like tits on a bull

Thread Information