Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cameo.com: Pay has-been celebrities to make custom videos for you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

cameo.com: Pay has-been celebrities to make custom videos for you

Here's the roster: https://www.cameo.com/c/featured

Make sure to click on the tabs to the right to see a whole lot more.

Jose Canseco recently joined (lol), though he's not listed under "Athletes" for some reason.

Kathy Griffin is available, which shows how things have been going for her ever since the Trump beheading photo.

I actually saw one of these posted by a Facebook friend. What's really stupid is that it says cameo.com on the side, so you look like a chump who paid a celebrity to make a video for you. It would be much better if the video didn't have a watermark, and you could masquerade like you and the celebrity are friends.

They all charge different prices. Gary Payton wants $500, but Jose Canseco will do it for a mere $150: https://www.cameo.com/josecanseco

What's sadder? The once-multimillionaire celebrities resorting to this, or the people buying these videos?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Kathy Griffin is available, which shows how things have been going for her ever since the Trump beheading photo.
    Her comedy shows have been selling out theaters all over the place. She's been doing very well since the initial outrage passed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Even former drug lord George "BostonGeorge" Jung is available for $65 LOLOL

https://www.cameo.com/bostongeorgejungofficial

Load Metric
    Can't really see anything sad with any of this. Looked like something people use for greetings (birthday, holiday whatever). 1 min work for cheering someones day.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Can't really see anything sad with any of this. Looked like something people use for greetings (birthday, holiday whatever). 1 min work for cheering someones day.

Looks like multiple uses too.

Kevin Oleary is availabe for $800 and it looks like he promotes businesses

Load Metric
    This is what happens to someone's brain, when they only watches Fox "news", (and their angry step children).

I'm not a fan, I don't even like the Seinfeld ep Kathy Griffin was in, but Druff biased opinion is 100 % wrong (as usual.), if he think that derailed her career.
    A temporary setback, yes, but now she is making more than she is worth.

Kathy Griffin's Comeback Tour Is On Track To Make Millions

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalie.../#6a36dfd72cc9

Jose Canseco recently joined (lol), though he's not listed under "Athletes" for some reason.

I actually saw one of these posted by a Facebook friend. What's really stupid is that it says cameo.com on the side, so you look like a chump who paid a celebrity to make a video for you. It would be much better if the video didn't have a watermark, and you could masquerade like you and the celebrity are friends.

They all charge different prices. Gary Payton wants $500, but Jose Canseco will do it for a mere $150: https://www.cameo.com/josecanseco

What's sadder? The once-multimillionaire celebrities resorting to this, or the people buying these videos?
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    This is what happens to someone's brain, when they only watches Fox "news", (and their angry step children).

I'm not a fan, I don't even like the Seinfeld ep Kathy Griffin was in, but Druff biased opinion is 100 % wrong (as usual.), if he think that derailed her career.
    A temporary setback, yes, but now she is making more than she is worth.

Kathy Griffin's Comeback Tour Is On Track To Make Millions

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalie.../#6a36dfd72cc9

also so we're clear that photo was amazing.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Kathy is making so much money, why is she doing these dumb videos?

This is the type of shit you do when all you have left is the fact that people know your name.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Kathy who?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    If bought for someone else, I can understand paying for it.

Like if your mom has a favorite actor who has been down on his luck lately, and you pay $150 for him to make her a birthday greeting.

Doing it for yourself is fairly pathetic, unless there's some kind of utilitarian reason for it.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea for these broke celebrities/athletes to do. It's easy work, and the money isn't bad.

But I can't picture anyone doing this if they're balling and still making good money in their normal career. This is especially true for actors. At least athletes are known to sometimes do anything for a buck. Actors have a certain pride where they don't want to lower themselves to take jobs indicative that they're struggling. Some end up taking those jobs, but usually out of desperation.

Load Metric

This is the type of shit you do when all you have left is the fact that people know your name.

caitlyn jenner is on it.

you think shes hard up for money?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

caitlyn jenner is on it.

How much does Caitlyn charge?

I guess if you charge enough, it could be worth doing this, even if you're doing well financially otherwise.

I just think the whole thing smacks of desperation. It's not so much the effort-versus-reward thing, it's more of the I-can't-believe-I'm-making-greeting-videos-for-strangers thing.

If I had Caitlyn Jenner's money, there's no way I'd be on a site like that.

Load Metric

caitlyn jenner is on it.

I guess if you charge enough, it could be worth doing this, even if you're doing well financially otherwise.

I just think the whole thing smacks of desperation. It's not so much the effort-versus-reward thing, it's more of the I-can't-believe-I'm-making-greeting-videos-for-strangers thing.

if i had to guess, its just part of a 'social media' pr strategy designed to light fires until one goes viral.

Platinum
    Load Metric

caitlyn jenner is on it.

If you browse through it long enough, you will notice a number of people who are very financially well off and still charging a nominal and sometimes surprisingly low (relatively speaking) fee

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

If you browse through it long enough, you will notice a number of people who are very financially well off and still charging a nominal and sometimes surprisingly low (relatively speaking) fee
    There's also the part where the amount of entertainers that are currently making more than 1 million a year isn't really that big. Or at least from just their main profession. For most it's a lot of small side hustles. Appearances, all forms of advertising, merch etc. And there's also time consuming free or low paid PR work that only supports other stuff (and ego).

This is really fast and convenient work. No travel and flexible hours. What's not to like.

Comments

Gordman: Good point

Load Metric
    Was hoping to find the Funny Monkey Boys on here, by alas, no. Or not yet, anyway.

Load Metric

caitlyn jenner is on it.

Is there a chance cameo pays the bigger celebs to be in there ?
    Druff You wouldn’t make a video for 2 mins for 150 bucks ?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...413-story.html

I was curious so i had to look it up- It looks like the site collects 25%. And I would imagine not much of that 25% needs to be set aside for advertising especially since customers are able to post their videos on social media. Seems like a pretty brilliant business and business model so far.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Kathy Griffin looks terrible...yikes

Platinum
    Load Metric
    wonder if their screening process will get better in the future...

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/12/4/1...ideo-explained

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    wonder if their screening process will get better in the future...

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/12/4/1...ideo-explained
    Thats pretty fucked up doing something that underhanded to anyone; it's especially fucked up doing that to someone like Brett Favre

Thread Information