Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another humiliating performance at WSOP by PFA

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Second biggest main event ever with everyone at the final table guaranteed a million with first taking home $8.8 mil.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Second biggest main event ever with everyone at the final table guaranteed a million with first taking home $8.8 mil.

WHAT FUCKING RECESSION?! AMMARITE
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    The WSOP Main Event drew 326,000 viewers July 4 on ESPN2.

The Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating contest had 1,141,000 viewers on ESPN2.

Forget poker.

How many hot dogs can Druff eat in 10 minutes?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The WSOP Main Event drew 326,000 viewers July 4 on ESPN2.

The Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating contest had 1,141,000 viewers on ESPN2.

Forget poker.

How many hot dogs can Druff eat in 10 minutes?

100% fair but I played PLO last night (lost $1200.... Rrrrrrr) and three different dudes were streaming the main event.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If competitive eating contests weren't so bad for your body, I might actually consider training for one of those and trying my hand at it. You've all seen me on those poker streams.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of eating, at my brother's 40th birthday party a few years ago, my dad rented a room at a restaurant in LA, and the entire family had a private dinner with a custom menu.

He asked me what I wanted, and I told him. I also mentioned that, since it was tasting-menu style, the portions would be smaller, so I was afraid it wouldn't be enough, even with several items. He said he would just order a double portion for me on everything.

Well, the stuff came and each thing was surprisingly large. By the time the 6th course came, I was actually getting very full, but I stuffed it down because I felt bad that I told my dad to order double, and I didn't want to leave it untouched.

When the meal was over, I remarked how the portions were far bigger than I expected, and how I wouldn't have ordered double had I known that.

My dad offhandedly mentioned to a server how he was impressed by the portion size they gave me, and the guy said, "Well, of course it was large! You ordered quadruple portions!"

So they had gotten confused and served me quadruple portions for six courses, and I actually ate everything, though admittedly I had to force myself to finish the 6th one.

I realized I just ate 4 meals in one sitting and felt like a huge pig.

The end.

Comments

sonatine: solid tr

JACKDANIELS: rofl

gimmick:

Suicide King: Beautiful

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Speaking of eating, at my brother's 40th birthday party a few years ago, my dad rented a room at a restaurant in LA, and the entire family had a private dinner with a custom menu.

He asked me what I wanted, and I told him. I also mentioned that, since it was tasting-menu style, the portions would be smaller, so I was afraid it wouldn't be enough, even with several items. He said he would just order a double portion for me on everything.

Well, the stuff came and each thing was surprisingly large. By the time the 6th course came, I was actually getting very full, but I stuffed it down because I felt bad that I told my dad to order double, and I didn't want to leave it untouched.

When the meal was over, I remarked how the portions were far bigger than I expected, and how I wouldn't have ordered double had I known that.

My dad offhandedly mentioned to a server how he was impressed by the portion size they gave me, and the guy said, "Well, of course it was large! You ordered quadruple portions!"

So they had gotten confused and served me quadruple portions for six courses, and I actually ate everything, though admittedly I had to force myself to finish the 6th one.

The end.
    We need a Dan Druff Jew breakdown of Tapas.

I think it’s Spanish for fucking Rip-Off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The end.
    We need a Dan Druff Jew breakdown of Tapas.

I think it’s Spanish for fucking Rip-Off.
    I'm actually not anti-Tapas. I think you just have to be mindful of what you order.

I've seen wide variance in value regarding Tapas.

Sometimes you pay a lot and get a little, and sometimes you pay a little and get a lot.

The quality also seems to be all over the place, even at the same restaurant.

Firefly in Las Vegas is a Tapas place and was hugely popular in the 2000s. I even took Ben's mom there for an early dinner prior to driving her to the airport when she first came to Vegas to visit me in 2009.

However, it lost a lot of its clientele after a high profile food poisoning incident. I admit that I lost the desire to go there after hearing about it, and haven't been back.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Tournament poker is largely a young man’s game. This is mostly an old man’s forum by poker standards. Not that a Druff or a Drexel who are active players who’ve never stopped playing couldn’t bink one, but your average 40+ year old recreational player who posts here flying in from Topeka is way less likely to win one of these things like was common back in the day.

A lot of these young players are now approaching 30, or slightly over, so it isn’t quite like it was 5 years ago when 8/9 were under 24, but it’s still younger than this place skews. These young dudes just all play every tournament and have pieces of each other, are good, thus they tend to win. Other than Druff or Drexel, if PFA produces a winner, it’s way more likely to be one of the young players here who barely contribute and showed up basically for the free rolls. They won’t remember that time when Draymond had to single-handedly save donkdown from extinction with hitmaking post over hitmaking post. They won’t remember that Travolta walk. They’ll be a freeroll hunter with a few posts in the radio thread or the trump clusterfuck.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Tournament poker is largely a young man’s game. This is mostly an old man’s forum by poker standards. Not that a Druff or a Drexel who are active players who’ve never stopped playing couldn’t bink one, but your average 40+ year old recreational player who posts here flying in from Topeka is way less likely to win one of these things like was common back in the day.

A lot of these young players are now approaching 30, or slightly over, so it isn’t quite like it was 5 years ago when 8/9 were under 24, but it’s still younger than this place skews. These young dudes just all play every tournament and have pieces of each other, are good, thus they tend to win. Other than Druff or Drexel, if PFA produces a winner, it’s way more likely to be one of the young players here who barely contribute and showed up basically for the free rolls. They won’t remember that time when Draymond had to single-handedly save donkdown from extinction with hitmaking post over hitmaking post. They won’t remember that Travolta walk. They’ll be a freeroll hunter with a few posts in the radio thread or the trump clusterfuck.
    I think most of the young guns have grown up, got a job, and when they do go to Vegas or whatever, they will splash in the cash games. Being a leather ass for 20+ hours to squeak in the money sounds fucking awful. Poker tournaments seem like poker jail to me. Telling me when I can eat and go to the bathroom, no thanks.

Comments

Sanlmar: Monsterj ladies & gentlemen.

hongkonger: You make an excellent point

Load Metric
    Yea the only way I can see myself paying 10k for a tournament is if I could do it from the comfort of my own home via online poker, I couldn't fathom traveling to Vegas, paying for plane tickets, hotel rooms, food etc, all that to so donk out and not even cash.......fucking brutal...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Platinum
    Load Metric
    when did the bubble burst in the ME?

guessing end of day 2 or so...so what is that like 20-24 hours of playing for nothing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

guessing end of day 2 or so...so what is that like 20-24 hours of playing for nothing?
    The very last hand of day 3
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

jesus Christ, so whoever bubbled played like 30-36 hours of poker for nothing...wow that hurts almost as much as losing the $10K...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

jesus Christ, so whoever bubbled played like 30-36 hours of poker for nothing...wow that hurts almost as much as losing the $10K...
    sure does
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

sure does
    From WSOP hero with celebrities railing your table and now you can’t even sniff a freeroll final table.

I’m with you, WillieMc, during these lean times but you ain’t making it easy

Load Metric
    god remember when this community had like the creme de la creme of fucked up poker icons?

empire, dwan.. probably some others... maybe....
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

sure does
    From WSOP hero with celebrities railing your table and now you can’t even sniff a freeroll final table.

I’m with you, WillieMc, during these lean times but you ain’t making it easy

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post786069

i bet you feel dumb

Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Willie

This is how I remember you

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...nds#post775049

But then there is this too. You and PLOL. C’mon, no collusion there, right?

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post780424

Looks like you’re on the road to recovery and I needn’t feel your shame. I don’t care how you get the job done.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-10-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Thread Information