Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lady who sells canibus for living calls police on child selling water

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Some of you guys make it sound like every child out there is being used by their parents to hustle. This isn't nearly the case.

Im not saying it didn't happen here, but how could you possibly make the determination that this happened in this particular case?

Believe it or not, some kids just have an entrepreneurial motivation. My kid just a couple of weeks ago for example asked me if he could put up a lemonade stand. I asked him why, and he told me because he wants to save up for a certain nerf gun. He is 9. Id like to think that I've been teaching him right about the value of money and working for what you want, and so far I think he's learning quite well.
    If your kid is learning the value of money, you are doing something right.

My gripe is with the trend of running to social media to stir up the outrage mob, followed by a gofundme.

https://www.gofundme.com/the-water-stand-project

If you fuck with my kid, I'd fuck with you, not beg for sympathy and handouts online.

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Some of you guys make it sound like every child out there is being used by their parents to hustle. This isn't nearly the case.

Im not saying it didn't happen here, but how could you possibly make the determination that this happened in this particular case?

Believe it or not, some kids just have an entrepreneurial motivation. My kid just a couple of weeks ago for example asked me if he could put up a lemonade stand. I asked him why, and he told me because he wants to save up for a certain nerf gun. He is 9. Id like to think that I've been teaching him right about the value of money and working for what you want, and so far I think he's learning quite well.
    The girls aunt is the one who filmed the whole thing. This indicates she had her niece (and probably other children) selling shit on the street while she supervised and then the resident confronted the niece.

Like I said, I would have never approached a kid selling shit on the street outside my house/apartment. I would just let it go and find somewhere else to live if it bothered me that much. But that doesn't mean I can't empathize with the woman.

And like I said, this is a pretty common hustle in Los Angeles (and probably San Fran too). When I am walking down the street where I work (in a very urban area) and a kid approaches me trying to re-sell me something (normally candy) at an extremely high price, I politely decline and then I look around to see if I can find their parent monitoring them. It is kind of a game and I normally always find the parent pretty easily hanging around.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

My gripe is with the trend of running to social media to stir up the outrage mob, followed by a gofundme.

If you fuck with my kid, I'd fuck with you, not beg for sympathy and handouts online.

Neat a guy in Seattle is raising money for a person in San Fran.....Seems like I can see where this is going.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

The girls aunt is the one who filmed the whole thing. This indicates she had her niece (and probably other children) selling shit on the street while she supervised and then the resident confronted the niece.

Like I said, I would have never approached a kid selling shit on the street outside my house/apartment. I would just let it go and find somewhere else to live if it bothered me that much. But that doesn't mean I can't empathize with the woman.

And like I said, this is a pretty common hustle in Los Angeles (and probably San Fran too). When I am walking down the street where I work (in a very urban area) and a kid approaches me trying to re-sell me something (normally candy) at an extremely high price, I politely decline and then I look around to see if I can find their parent monitoring them. It is kind of a game and I normally always find the parent pretty easily hanging around.
    Can you really blame them for trying? Fuck! Our sitting president has conned many others out of hundreds of millions and is worshipped by a minimum of 30% of the American electorate. When you see one of their parents supervising the hustle, you should give them a smile, a thumbs up, and shout “Go, America!”
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Can you really blame them for trying? Fuck! Our sitting president has conned many others out of hundreds of millions and is worshipped by a minimum of 30% of the American electorate. When you see one of their parents supervising the hustle, you should give them a smile, a thumbs up, and shout “Go, America!”
    I am not blaming anyone for anything. It is obviously against multiple laws, but the police obviously don't care and aren't going to enforce these laws, so they they have my blessing to solicit to their hearts content.

But lets not buy any bullshit about an 8 year old girl doing a fundraiser for a trip to Disneyland.

Load Metric
    Woman resigns as CEO of company after backlash from calling police on girl selling water

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/permit-...selling-water/

The woman dubbed "Permit Patty" for threatening to call police on an 8-year-old black girl selling water on the street has stepped down as CEO of her cannabis company. CBS Los Angeles reports the move follows a massive online backlash that resulted in her products getting dropped by other marijuana sellers.

Several Bay Area dispensaries are now refusing to sell products made by Alison Ettel's company TreatWell Health, The San Francisco Chronicle reported Tuesday.

"It is Ms. Ettel's belief that TreatWell, its employees and patients should not have to suffer because of a situation that occurred in an escalated moment," company spokeswoman Cynthia Gonzalez is quoted as saying in the paper.

At least three marijuana dispensaries stated publicly they would stop selling TreatWell products.

"I forgot to mention that we had pulled [TreatWell's] product line as soon as we saw the video," said the manager of one San Francisco store. "We do not support that type of behavior!"

TreatWell sells pain-easing "cannabis-based tinctures in different ratios for humans and pets," The Los Angeles Times reported last year.

The producer of "Lady Buds," an upcoming documentary on women in the legal cannabis industry, said Ettel would no longer be part of the project.

Some have pointed out the irony of Ettel selling marijuana products for dogs despite the fact that cannabis is not regulated or approved for use on animals.

She told the Chronicle in 2015 that the company's practice was "kind of like 'don't ask, don't tell.'"

The online debacle began when video of Ettel appearing to call the police to report 8-year-old Jordan Rodgers for selling $2 bottles of water near AT&T Park Saturday went viral.

[Warning: Pet use okay.
    Not approved for use on n-words.]

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

I had no idea of a few of the details including this cunt setting up a Gofundme. Absolutely DISGUSTING.

Comments

Salty_Aus: They want 75K GREEDY cunts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

yeah, if they're lying about raising money for charity, i blame them

Thread Information