Thread: Did WSOP TD Jack Effel needle The Grinder at bracelet ceremony?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Did WSOP TD Jack Effel needle The Grinder at bracelet ceremony?

I couldn't believe what I heard yesterday at the bracelet ceremony for The Grinder, who had just won his 3rd bracelet in the same event -- the $50k Poker Players Championship.

Effel noted that Mizrachi had won the event twice before, and then quipped, "I have no idea what you did with all that money."

The room kinda groaned and Mizrachi put his arms out in a gesture like, "WTF did you just say?"

It's fairly well known that Mizrachi is broke and has (many times) chunked off his tournament winnings.

But why say such a thing at his bracelet ceremony?

Is it possible that Jack meant something else, and it just came out the wrong way?

Seems like they should be doing their best to promote the guy and his feat, rather than insult him.

I wish I had a video of it.

Load Metric
    Bunch of snowflakes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I couldn't believe what I heard yesterday at the bracelet ceremony for The Grinder, who had just won his 3rd bracelet in the same event -- the $50k Poker Players Championship.

Effel noted that Mizrachi had won the event twice before, and then quipped, "I have no idea what you did with all that money."

The room kinda groaned and Mizrachi put his arms out in a gesture like, "WTF did you just say?"

It's fairly well known that Mizrachi is broke and has (many times) chunked off his tournament winnings.

But why say such a thing at his bracelet ceremony?

Is it possible that Jack meant something else, and it just came out the wrong way?

Seems like they should be doing their best to promote the guy and his feat, rather than insult him.

I wish I had a video of it.
    Yeah it's a needle. They obv know each other but you're right, not the time or place for it.
    If you're not funny you take a big risk trying to be, especially in front of a number of people.
    Keep it simple stupid. He would have been risk free in just pumping up the accomplishment and
    looking good doing it.

Load Metric
    Obv needle. They're likely friends and that would've been a great joke among friends. Seems like it didn't get over on the mic tho.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    hahaha broke ass nigga
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Obv needle. They're likely friends and that would've been a great joke among friends. Seems like it didn't get over on the mic tho.
    That kind of sharing isn’t meant for public consumption. Effel likely has jealousy over the fact that he only runs these poker tourneys but couldn’t begin to compete in them.

#Classless
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Well Jack was joking obviously, but sometimes people have to remember to leave the comedy to the comedians...........it's ok Jack......
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    That kind of sharing isn’t meant for public consumption. Effel likely has jealousy over the fact that he only runs these poker tourneys but couldn’t begin to compete in them.

#Classless

quick bro, post up a cartoon connecting Effel and Trump.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Well Jack was joking obviously, but sometimes people have to remember to leave the comedy to the comedians...........it's ok Jack......

No joke, Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi is a great player, capable of beating other great players.

However, he has an expensive lifestyle and poor money management skills.

There are virtually no endorsement deals for American poker players.

He is also a "backed player".
    Let's say his backers are putting up a million in buy-in's for this year. Michael doesn't cash in any more tournaments this year. $1,000,000 of the $1.239 million in winnings goes to pay back the buy-in's. The remaining $239,126 is split between himself and his backers.

You might be able to buy his bracelet on Ebay in a few months.

Gold
    Load Metric
    If I was a cheesehead and Jack effel mentioned my poor money management like that, he would end up on the floor

Fuck the grinder but Jack effel must really be an asshole

Comments

sah_24: No you wouldn't internet tough guy

Thread Information