Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** RADIO TEST TODAY AT 2:00PM PST ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** RADIO TEST TODAY AT 2:00PM PST ***

Radio will be today at 2:00pm.

Spent about an hour just now fixing an obscure problem that suddenly came up with the radio server -- one that wasn't showing up earlier. Finally identified what was going on and put a stop to it, so I think the radio show will go off without difficulty.

The chat room is flash-based, so if you're on an iPhone or iPad, you can listen to the test show, but you can't chat.

The test show won't be super-long, and it won't be in the archives -- mainly because I don't have any archives set up yet.

The things I'll be looking to test will be:

1) Whether the radio server can stay up throughout the entire show without fucking up

2) The sound quality

3) The ability to take phone calls, and the sound quality on those

4) The ability for you guys to listen through the auto-player on the Radio page, without having to click that link to manually listen

5) If the chat room is sufficient for our needs

When I run this test show, please show up in the chat room (even if you don't plan upon saying anything), and please connect to the radio show (even if you have to mute it). I want it to simulate the conditions of a real show as well as possible.

You'll notice that the autoplayer on the Radio page is designed like an old-school ghetto blaster. If it says "ON" at the top, that means you're connected to the show. If it says OFF, you're not.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I will update this thread when I have an actual time I can do it. The time of this test show will be based upon:

1) When I wake up
    2) When I can get some time away from Benjamin, whether it's during his nap or if his mom is watching him

So I'll update you guys on this later.

Spent about an hour just now fixing an obscure problem that suddenly came up with the radio server -- one that wasn't showing up earlier. Finally identified what was going on and put a stop to it, so I think the radio show will go off without difficulty.

The chat room is flash-based, so if you're on an iPhone or iPad, you can listen to the test show, but you can't chat.

The test show won't be super-long, and it won't be in the archives -- mainly because I don't have any archives set up yet.

1) Whether the radio server can stay up throughout the entire show without fucking up

2) The sound quality

4) The ability for you guys to listen through the auto-player on the Radio page, without having to click that link to manually listen

When I run this test show, please show up in the chat room (even if you don't plan upon saying anything), and please connect to the radio show (even if you have to mute it). I want it to simulate the conditions of a real show as well as possible.

You'll notice that the autoplayer on the Radio page is designed like an old-school ghetto blaster. If it says "ON" at the top, that means you're connected to the show. If it says OFF, you're not.

Anyway, I'll post more info later. Please don't fill this thread with garbage or trolling in the meantime.
    So that's how you feel after all...We just churn out garbage...Don't worry boss, no we won't litter your shiny new thread with too much garbage and trolling.

Banned
    Load Metric
    next you're going to need a poll, til then when are you projecting the show? cant wait.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Will we be able to download future shows?
    Last edited by vegetera; 03-10-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Load Metric
    So is the freeroll on Hero?

j/k I've never played in one.

Congrats on getting it all up and working on short order. Had Marty not led the way I'm sure you would still be reading the ABC's of Limit Hold'em while working on your blackjack counting.

You're gonna need a co-host for the radio eventually, Druff. Can I suggest Colleen? Also, I can't wait for a Ken Scalir update.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    I will update this thread when I have an actual time I can do it. The time of this test show will be based upon:

1) When I wake up
    2) When I can get some time away from Benjamin, whether it's during his nap or if his mom is watching him

So I'll update you guys on this later.

2) The sound quality

Anyway, I'll post more info later. Please don't fill this thread with garbage or trolling in the meantime.
    So that's how you feel after all...We just churn out garbage...Don't worry boss, no we won't litter your shiny new thread with too much garbage and trolling.

JESUS CHRIST

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Radio will start at 2:00pm PST today.

Call in #: 702-430-1808

Load Metric
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    DD don't let us down now and tell us you weren't testing the archive functionality during this test show. Lots of forumites very despondent they missed Ken Scalir and co (me included!)

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    DD don't let us down now and tell us you weren't testing the archive functionality during this test show. Lots of forumites very despondent they missed Ken Scalir and co (me included!)
    Verbal declaration announced pre-flop:

2) The sound quality

Load Metric
    Im more upset about missing slim t

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Im more upset about missing slim t
    Chin up, Bubs, and remember, you were doing God's work taking care of the kitties.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickastley View Post
    Verbal declaration announced pre-flop:

2) The sound quality

Ah yeah good point

Banned
    Load Metric
    For all the radio fans...first hour of yesterday's radio test is here.
    That's all I saved.
    LoL at the ballsniffer.

http://www.buzzsprout.com/5604/43554...first-hour-mp3

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    That's all I saved.
    LoL at the ballsniffer.

Wow, thanks a lot.

Stupid system crash probably prevented you from getting the rest.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    thank you neveragain39. I missed the first hour.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by neveragain39 View Post
    That's all I saved.
    LoL at the ballsniffer.

finally looking forward to some radio gold that's been absent for a long while

Load Metric
    So when is the next show?

Load Metric
    Listened to the hour that got recorded and enjoyed it. I forgot how good you are on the air Druff.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Thread Information