Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Load Metric
    It has fantastic actors but I feel like Im watching a luxuriously well produced soap opera after every episode.

The costumes are brilliant tho.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    It has fantastic actors but I feel like Im watching a luxuriously well produced soap opera after every episode.

You didn't like that belt around the neck bloody cock huffin and puffin walking over dead bodies w gun in hand Rosetti scene?

Breaking Bad is on hiatus, and I don't think any other show really tops Boardwalk atm.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post

You didn't like that belt around the neck bloody cock huffin and puffin walking over dead bodies w gun in hand Rosetti scene?

Breaking Bad is on hiatus, and I don't think any other show really tops Boardwalk atm.
    Meh, too gratuitous. It's been well established that Gyp is a raging psychopath. Covering him in blood and having him stagger out naked with a belt around his neck? It's not the Walking Dead

I still think it's a cheap Sopranos rendition.

Homeland is far superior.
    Last edited by Sloppy Joe; 10-16-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Load Metric
    I thought it was an interesting scene that deserved to be in a different HBO series altogether. In this one it just seemed gratuitous and arbitrary, largely because of massive shortcomings in how the show deals with its own pacing issues.

The show lacks artistry. Its in such a rush to pack in all these divergent plot lines and personality quirks to the detriment of photography, of development.

Its idea of development is Steve Buschemi's fish-eyed, surly, "I'm sorry" to his wife after he gets busted cheating on her. No vulnerability, no symbolism, no impact. It was a hugely important moment; it defined their relationship as it stands. And it underachieved pathetically. Like a soap opera.

You are excited about a shoot-out in a boarding house?

Not so long ago, a hyper-religious special agent was *belt whipping himself* in his bedroom while staring at Margarets photograph. Yeah remember that scene? Same show. Remember last time we saw anything that interesting happen? Exactly, neither do I.

Bait and switch dawg.

And whats frustrating about it personally is the caliber of actors involved are stupendous; its a whose who of contemporary talent. And there is absolutely nothing for any of them to do in any given scene.

Load Metric
    This thread prompted me to read a review of the last episode. I've been watching this season of Boardwalk trying to place where I had seen Nucky's new mistress, Billie Kent, previously.

I'm almost positive it was real life.

The actress is Meg Steedle and her bio says she is from North Carolina but doesn't specify where. My crew in middle school was ahead of the curve in terms of hooking up with girls and we would always hang out with public school chicks; the prudish, conservative types at our private school were no fun and didn't put out.

We hung out with a crowd of easy girls which included this Meg Steedle. She's pretty now, but at the time was homely and awkward with long, Jewish nasty hair. She did have a rep for putting out and I took her to a middle school dance in the hopes of getting some. She was a big tease and at one point pulled out the pockets of her jeans and asked me if I wanted to 'kiss the bunny'. We made out a bit, second base shit and that was that. I would have pursued it more in the hopes of getting more but was only fourteen at the time. Had she been hotter I probably would have. I never saw her again after this dance.

I always thought it was strange that she went to public school as her father was/is a big shot orthodontist who put my braces on. Looks like she went to Northwestern for college and studied theater/acting.

Doesn't seem like her tits have changed too much but she is definitely an ugly duckling to swan story. My friends ripped on me at the time for taking her to said dance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    This thread prompted me to read a review of the last episode. I've been watching this season of Boardwalk trying to place where I had seen Nucky's new mistress, Billie Kent, previously.

The actress is Meg Steedle and her bio says she is from North Carolina but doesn't specify where. My crew in middle school was ahead of the curve in terms of hooking up with girls and we would always hang out with public school chicks; the prudish, conservative types at our private school were no fun and didn't put out.

We hung out with a crowd of easy girls which included this Meg Steedle. She's pretty now, but at the time was homely and awkward with long, Jewish nasty hair. She did have a rep for putting out and I took her to a middle school dance in the hopes of getting some. She was a big tease and at one point pulled out the pockets of her jeans and asked me if I wanted to 'kiss the bunny'. We made out a bit, second base shit and that was that. I would have pursued it more in the hopes of getting more but was only fourteen at the time. Had she been hotter I probably would have. I never saw her again after this dance.

I always thought it was strange that she went to public school as her father was/is a big shot orthodontist who put my braces on. Looks like she went to Northwestern for college and studied theater/acting.

Doesn't seem like her tits have changed too much but she is definitely an ugly duckling to swan story. My friends ripped on me at the time for taking her to said dance.

reps.

Load Metric
    Just found out the kid who tried to kill Roseti is Bugsy Seagal.

Load Metric
    I thought it was an interesting scene that deserved to be in a different HBO series altogether. In this one it just seemed gratuitous and arbitrary, largely because of massive shortcomings in how the show deals with its own pacing issues.

The show lacks artistry. Its in such a rush to pack in all these divergent plot lines and personality quirks to the detriment of photography, of development.

Its idea of development is Steve Buschemi's fish-eyed, surly, "I'm sorry" to his wife after he gets busted cheating on her. No vulnerability, no symbolism, no impact. It was a hugely important moment; it defined their relationship as it stands. And it underachieved pathetically. Like a soap opera.

Not so long ago, a hyper-religious special agent was *belt whipping himself* in his bedroom while staring at Margarets photograph. Yeah remember that scene? Same show. Remember last time we saw anything that interesting happen? Exactly, neither do I.

Bait and switch dawg.

And whats frustrating about it personally is the caliber of actors involved are stupendous; its a whose who of contemporary talent. And there is absolutely nothing for any of them to do in any given scene.
    Curious what you think of Homeland? To me its the best show on tv followed closely by Game of thrones, and Breaking Bad. Nurse Jackie and shamless are great but a lil step below.

Rothstein screwed up for once sending a boy to do a man's job. Owen and Richard Harrow as a hit team would be interesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Bait and switch dawg.

Curious what you think of Homeland? To me its the best show on tv followed closely by Game of thrones, and Breaking Bad. Nurse Jackie and shamless are great but a lil step below.
    Never watched a single episode of Homeland. Putting it in the league of GoT and BB is high praise. I tend to expect a lot from the genre tho, so that might fuck it up a bit for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

Never watched a single episode of Homeland. Putting it in the league of GoT and BB is high praise. I tend to expect a lot from the genre tho, so that might fuck it up a bit for me.
    Its crazy how when you hear how great a movie is it never lives up to it, but if you went in expecting nothing it would be great. Homeland must be watched from season 1 episode 1 or it wouldnt make any sense. Its only the beginning of season 2 right now.

Load Metric
    Im going to call you James.

Load Metric
    So a disgraced, murdering treasury agent asks a mobster to help him get rid of a body, Bugsy Seigel (sp?) just shot up a hotel, and Al Capone beat a man to death in a crowded bar, but yeah lets totally spend 30 minutes on an Easter egg hunt this week.

Soap opera bullshit.

Load Metric
    oK sOnatine has me on the hook here, where can I download this show from the beginning? Pretty sure I do not have HBO, but it's possible as I never watch tv (except for sports)

Also what up with Breaking Bad? Can I downloadz the past episodes of that as well? Always heard good things, with the crappy weather in cali (like 60's and overcast) I wanted to spend the day chillaxing and not watching crappy tv.

Load Metric
    whose tv are you going to watch them on?

Load Metric
    None of your business. Not gonna take the question seriously, why say anything at all?

Don't get all snarky because it's shitty outside and A perfect spy sucks, go vent at grey snacks it's all his fault anyway.

And tell rummy this means WAR.
    Way to go gare. You drove cob right into apes hands and the poor guy is gonna end up locked in a closet under the stairs at apes moms house modding sweetbabygrapespoker.com 24/7.
    I may snatch up Jim as well just for this outrageous comment.

Load Metric
    lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    oK sOnatine has me on the hook here, where can I download this show from the beginning? Pretty sure I do not have HBO, but it's possible as I never watch tv (except for sports)

Also what up with Breaking Bad? Can I downloadz the past episodes of that as well? Always heard good things, with the crappy weather in cali (like 60's and overcast) I wanted to spend the day chillaxing and not watching crappy tv.
    The Templar hooked me up the day before his stroke... download utorrent then got to katph

I watched every episode of Breaking Bad, Nurse jackie, and all kinds of shit.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post

Name:  jr8fn6.gif
Views: 548
Size:  698.8 KB

Thread Information