Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Weeks In

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

I thankyou, a lot. I will reach out when/if I get to be total vegan. I wish you continued success in sobriety.

I also want to apologize for our disagreements, part of my changes going forward is letting go of the past. I don't see me in a 12 step because I have never been a joiner of groups. Even in my spiritual journey I have felt a presence but kept it at bay. Church keeps trying to get me to sign up for this group or that group, cant. I'm good at volunteering for short term events only.

PFA/NWP/Donkdown/Boris is the only thing I have belonged to for an extensive period of time. Probably because I can keep it at bay at will. I think many here have that same quality.

❤️

It is water under the bridge. I’ll say this - I may not agree with what went down but I 100% understand your motivations and (even though harsh) can understand why you (or anyone not living my life) came to some of the conclusions you arrived at about my character.

I am, about as anti 12 step as a person can be. I have no higher power. I think long term exposure to meetings and succumbing to a “herd mentality,” causes more harm than good. I attended meetings for maybe a month - strictly for the purpose of finding solace and support in others who were “going through it.” Once I felt strong enough to trust myself - I stopped going altogether. I now volunteer instead. I have found that my recovery comes from the care and hope I am able to provide others.

For me - sobriety has been an act of mind over matter. 12 Step meetings were just a triage. My approach isn’t widely respected - but my mentality is, “ fuck it - it my recovery and these are my terms.” And for now it works. I mention this because you possess that same certain fierceness that I have. You need to do whatever works for you. Failure comes from not living up to other’s expectations of you - if you are being true to yourself - you cannot fail.

I have your back.....
    Is this serious?

Both of you need to go suck a cock infested with Aids.

This place sux enough and now you 2 make up?

Druff shut this shit down once and for all and wait for DonkDown 3.0 to launch Bro.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

❤️

It is water under the bridge. I’ll say this - I may not agree with what went down but I 100% understand your motivations and (even though harsh) can understand why you (or anyone not living my life) came to some of the conclusions you arrived at about my character.

I am, about as anti 12 step as a person can be. I have no higher power. I think long term exposure to meetings and succumbing to a “herd mentality,” causes more harm than good. I attended meetings for maybe a month - strictly for the purpose of finding solace and support in others who were “going through it.” Once I felt strong enough to trust myself - I stopped going altogether. I now volunteer instead. I have found that my recovery comes from the care and hope I am able to provide others.

For me - sobriety has been an act of mind over matter. 12 Step meetings were just a triage. My approach isn’t widely respected - but my mentality is, “ fuck it - it my recovery and these are my terms.” And for now it works. I mention this because you possess that same certain fierceness that I have. You need to do whatever works for you. Failure comes from not living up to other’s expectations of you - if you are being true to yourself - you cannot fail.

I have your back.....
    Is this serious?

Druff shut this shit down once and for all and wait for DonkDown 3.0 to launch Bro.

you realize that it’s been well established that we both enjoy doing this & it’s highly unlikely that either of us will contract AIDS doing it?

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    I'm outta reps from trolling tyde but good for you. Kick ass and good luck.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Hello

Alcohol is -EV

Peace

LPT

Load Metric
    4 weeks in on food changes, really dont miss what I dont have anymore.

1 week in on no vodka. Takes longer to fall asleep, but sleep better. Dont wake up with dark thoughts of dread/doom. Its nice to shit normal again.

I get bored sometimes in the evenings, times I used to be numbed by vodka and sodas. May join a gym to provide more of a physical release than walking the dogs.

I have read parts of the Bible but never cover to cover. Gonna try to add that before I sleep. My kid has read it all plus many associated books that analyze the Bible. She was the one who got me to go back to church.

Basement boy has not gone to church yet.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

1 week in on no vodka. Takes longer to fall asleep, but sleep better. Dont wake up with dark thoughts of dread/doom. Its nice to shit normal again.

I get bored sometimes in the evenings, times I used to be numbed by vodka and sodas. May join a gym to provide more of a physical release than walking the dogs.

I have read parts of the Bible but never cover to cover. Gonna try to add that before I sleep. My kid has read it all plus many associated books that analyze the Bible. She was the one who got me to go back to church.

Vodka makes you shit funny?

Comments

splitthis: Gives u the runs

Load Metric
    Re whole milk versus skim/non-fat milk:

Effect of whole milk compared with skimmed milk on fasting blood lipids in healthy adults: a 3-week randomized crossover study
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41430-017-0042-5

The full article isn’t viewable at this link, but the abstract is. And it supports the growing notion among health researchers that whole milk in moderation is actually better healthwise than skim milk.

Background/objectives

Dietary guidelines have for decades recommended choosing low-fat dairy products due to the high content of saturated fat in dairy known to increase blood concentration of LDL cholesterol. However, meta-analyses including observational studies show no association between overall dairy intake and risk of cardiovascular disease and even point to an inverse association with type 2 diabetes. The objective was to compare the effects of whole milk (3.5% fat) with skimmed milk (0.1% fat) on fasting serum blood lipids, insulin, and plasma glucose in healthy subjects.

Subject/methods

A randomized, controlled 2 × 3-week crossover dietary intervention in 18 healthy adults randomly assigned to a sequence of treatments consisting of 0.5 L/d of whole milk and skimmed milk as part of their habitual diet. A total of 17 subjects completed the intervention.

Results

Whole milk increased HDL cholesterol concentrations significantly compared to skimmed milk (P < 0.05). There were no significant differences between whole milk and skimmed milk in effects on total and LDL cholesterol, triacylglycerol, insulin, and glucose concentrations.

Conclusions

Intake of 0.5 L/d of whole milk did not adversely affect fasting blood lipids, glucose, or insulin compared to skimmed milk. Moreover, intake of whole milk increased HDL cholesterol concentration compared to skimmed milk. These findings suggest that if the higher energy content is taken into account, whole milk might be considered a part of a healthy diet among the normocholesterolemic population.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

I admire your church going, but lets face facts, you are who you are. What you need is like three four drinks a night at a minimum to help you sleep and get through the night. It does not have to be a pint of Vodka, shift to wine on a few nights a week.

You don't want to be one of those people who does not drink and always tell people how great your life is without alcohol when in reality you are jonesing. I have done that for a few weeks here and there and it sucks. You don't have to get smashed every night, just 3 or 4 drinks a night and you will feel a lot better.

Comments

Tellafriend: this man knows

Muck Ficon: Village drunk rep

Load Metric

❤️

I have your back.....
    Is this serious?

Perhaps you are not considering the possibilities if they meet in person and their new friendliness evolves even further.

Comments

splitthis: Pussy is disgusting
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

I admire your church going, but lets face facts, you are who you are. What you need is like three four drinks a night at a minimum to help you sleep and get through the night. It does not have to be a pint of Vodka, shift to wine on a few nights a week.

You don't want to be one of those people who does not drink and always tell people how great your life is without alcohol when in reality you are jonesing. I have done that for a few weeks here and there and it sucks. You don't have to get smashed every night, just 3 or 4 drinks a night and you will feel a lot better.
    There are always positives and negatives with changes. My sleep is overall better and wake rested as opposed to hung over. I dont think I was ever one to think life is great. Most of it is struggle with blips of fun. All I know is ya gotta try something different when what you have been doing isnt good.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: *this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Fat-free dairy is dead! Long live full-fat dairy!!!

The Vindication of Cheese, Butter, and Full-Fat Milk
    A new study exonerates dairy fats as a cause of early death, even as low-fat products continue to be misperceived as healthier.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-death/565253/

Also...

splitthis: Pussy is disgusting

Says you!

Name:  E9BE338D-A6BC-4DD0-91E6-695A7AADA22C.gif
Views: 387
Size:  2.99 MB
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-20-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Load Metric
    Pancreatic cancer feeds on fructose.

So, yeah...fuck "modern" fruit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Is this serious?

Perhaps you are not considering the possibilities if they meet in person and their new friendliness evolves even further.

Katy Perry has a cat/pussy named Kitty Purry

Comments

Tellafriend: your posts just get worse and worse

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

All cancers feed on sugars. Pancreatic cancer is not caused by sugars, and fruit and veggies can reduce your risk. Genetics, high fat diet, fried foods, certain joos, cigarettes, diabetes, obesity can contribute to getting it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, anabolic steroids cause shrunken nuts, heart, liver, kidney disease, male boobiness, aggression, depression, suicidal tendencies.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

All cancers feed on sugars. Pancreatic cancer is not caused by sugars, and fruit and veggies can reduce your risk. Genetics, high fat diet, fried foods, certain joos, cigarettes, diabetes, obesity can contribute to getting it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, anabolic steroids cause shrunken nuts, heart, liver, kidney disease, male boobiness, aggression, depression, suicidal tendencies.
    Pancreatic cancer feeds specifically on fructose.

High fat diets do not cause cancer.

Comments

splitthis: Wrong

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

fuckafriend loses once more

Comments

MumblesBadly: Meow FTW

Load Metric
    Steve Jobs was a "fruitarian" for many years. He died from pancreatic cancer.

Probably a jooincidence.

Comments

splitthis: More likely because his was a joo than jooce

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

fuckafriend loses once more

Tonight at the house of Les:

Name:  limitless4.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  61.5 KB

Comments

limitles: do not try and be funny, you can't recognize funny let alone be funny...stick to boring and thick

MumblesBadly: Classic Tellatardness

Load Metric

limitles: do not try and be funny, you can't recognize funny let alone be funny...stick to boring and thick

Name:  2biggulps.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  89.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Wont last 3 months
    Well over 3 months. Sorry. Anywho feel amazing. Sleeping very well, lots of energy. Bp has gone from 130/80 to 100/60. Dont miss crap food or booze. Feel positive about the future.

Cannot recommend enough going back to basics in food and activity. The shit food, drug, and insurance companies are thrilled to keep making you sick, depressed, broke. Fuck them. Life is good when you remove the poisons that are killing you.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Praise Jesus!

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information