Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Weeks In

Load Metric

3 Weeks In

3 weeks ago I decided to change the way I eat. I was tired of feeling crappy. The first 3 days were hard but now I feel healthy. I eliminated all processed foods, no longer eat out in any kind of restaurant. I eliminated gluten, potatoes, rice. No artificial sweeteners or processed sugars. Natural sparkling sodas grow on you if you give them a chance.

So mainstays are: any fruit (sorry Devidee) or vegetable except potatoes or avocados. Any legume is good. Lean meats such as chicken or turkey breast. (Grilled turkey cutlets are yum). Any seafood is good, eggs, and fat free dairy.

In time, I may go full vegetarian, with step first to lacto ovo.

I quit Vodka 2 days ago, its my biggest internal devil. Today I feel amazing. As I said, if Faith can sever me from that Devil, God is real. Will give honest updates, and yummy healthy recipes for those who may also be thinking of healthier, clearer living.

Comments

big dick: gl split

El Gallo: There is no god, but GL!

MumblesBadly: Sobriety is awesome! Keep on keepin’!

herbertstemple: GL rep

Baron Von Strucker: Good luck

Kilgore Trout: GOOD LUCK. Listen to your body. Be kind to yourself.

Forum Wars: best. i like your focus on cutting carbs/sugars

garrett: gl

IamGreek: You go girl!

duped_samaritan: sorry Devidee
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  FCEE939C-ED26-4CC1-BCCA-A7DAD78AF6BA.jpeg
Views: 884
Size:  2.80 MB

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: lol but you're an asshole

splitthis: From your vaca.

Baron Von Strucker: And a shot on the side looks awesome

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    3 weeks ago I decided to change the way I eat. I was tired of feeling crappy. The first 3 days were hard but now I feel healthy. I eliminated all processed foods, no longer eat out in any kind of restaurant. I eliminated gluten, potatoes, rice. No artificial sweeteners or processed sugars. Natural sparkling sodas grow on you if you give them a chance.

So mainstays are: any fruit (sorry Devidee) or vegetable except potatoes or avocados. Any legume is good. Lean meats such as chicken or turkey breast. (Grilled turkey cutlets are yum). Any seafood is good, eggs, and fat free dairy.

In time, I may go full vegetarian, with step first to lacto ovo.

I quit Vodka 2 days ago, its my biggest internal devil. Today I feel amazing. As I said, if Faith can sever me from that Devil, God is real. Will give honest updates, and yummy healthy recipes for those who may also be thinking of healthier, clearer living.
    Fat-free dairy is essentially white sugar water (hello, lactose) with some protein. Go whole milk or nothing at all.

Comments

splitthis: No
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Why no avocado? That's seems to me to be a weird one to exclude, I understand the rest of it.

Unless you just don't like avocado, which is fine.

Comments

splitthis: Dont like

Baron Von Strucker: Just are some with some garlic mixed in

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Wont last 3 months

Comments

big dick: fuck off homo

Kilgore Trout: You really are a faggot.

duped_samaritan: n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word

splitthis: Appreciate you pointing out the struggle

Banned
    Load Metric
    Hello

I have also enjoyed going sober. Since Jan 4 life just keeps getting better. I still dip tobacco though.

I have really taken to the Hot/Cold shower trick. Many have told me about it for decades, but it seems to really help me now.

I think it is because it trains the brain to go from hot to cold and back so quickly. This keeps the neurons firing harder for new ideas all throughout the day. IMO

try it for a week for yourself.

peace

LPT

Comments

splitthis: Will do if I get weak

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Why no avocado? That's seems to me to be a weird one to exclude, I understand the rest of it.

Unless you just don't like avocado, which is fine.

obvo more power to splitsy for taking control of her life so im not bagging on anyone but apparently there is a lot of weird internet confusion about the 'fat' content in avocados.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It's a healthy fat like olive oil only problem is they are both high in calories.
    People think because avocados are healthy it's ok to eat a shit load of it/them but they still gonna make you gain weight just like any other food healthy or unhealthy.

why no potatoes? They are v good for you + you need carbs or you're gonna feel like shit and have less energy and won't be able to perform as well without them.

A good way to track calories and macros without actually counting them is diving your dinner plate into 3 50% protein 25% carbs like potato or brown rice and 25% greens or other veggies like bell peppers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    It's a healthy fat like olive oil only problem is they are both high in calories.
    People think because avocados are healthy it's ok to eat a shit load of it/them but they still gonna make you gain weight just like any other food healthy or unhealthy.

why no potatoes? They are v good for you + you need carbs or you're gonna feel like shit and have less energy and won't be able to perform as well without them.

A good way to track calories and macros without actually counting them is diving your dinner plate into 3 50% protein 25% carbs like potato or brown rice and 25% greens or other veggies like bell peppers
    Not about calories, but getting rid of processed food chemicals and gluten. Get plenty of carbs from legumes, fruit, corn.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Split,

putting aside our differences for a moment - I’m a practicing vegetarian and:

Name:  080C390C-95F3-4025-BF01-4E7B56039650.jpeg
Views: 716
Size:  46.5 KB

I’m cheering for you.
    If you want the lowdown on either, anytime - message me.

Comments

big dick: There is room for both of you. Classy post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Split,

I’m cheering for you.
    Will split take a bite out of that olive branch?

It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Not about calories, but getting rid of processed food chemicals and gluten. Get plenty of carbs from legumes, fruit, corn.
    Gotcha.
    You're taking a big step towards making your life a lot better I wish you luck

Load Metric

Do u drink your Vodka with water?

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Split,

I’m cheering for you.

Potentially bigger than USA North Korea

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Potentially bigger than USA North Korea
    The whole fight was over someone being called a slur, which wasn't even serious. Got blown (sorry) way out of proportion IMHO.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: PFA’s #1 Revisionist Historian, y’all.

Load Metric
    You assholes need to stop stealing my sober thunder.

Also, LULZ at veganism.

Comments

splitthis: Good there can never be enough sober thunder

Load Metric
    Split,

I’m cheering for you.
    I thankyou, a lot. I will reach out when/if I get to be total vegan. I wish you continued success in sobriety.

I also want to apologize for our disagreements, part of my changes going forward is letting go of the past. I don't see me in a 12 step because I have never been a joiner of groups. Even in my spiritual journey I have felt a presence but kept it at bay. Church keeps trying to get me to sign up for this group or that group, cant. I'm good at volunteering for short term events only.

PFA/NWP/Donkdown/Boris is the only thing I have belonged to for an extensive period of time. Probably because I can keep it at bay at will. I think many here have that same quality.

Ronald Reagan

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Split,

I’m cheering for you.
    I thankyou, a lot. I will reach out when/if I get to be total vegan. I wish you continued success in sobriety.

I also want to apologize for our disagreements, part of my changes going forward is letting go of the past. I don't see me in a 12 step because I have never been a joiner of groups. Even in my spiritual journey I have felt a presence but kept it at bay. Church keeps trying to get me to sign up for this group or that group, cant. I'm good at volunteering for short term events only.

PFA/NWP/Donkdown/Boris is the only thing I have belonged to for an extensive period of time. Probably because I can keep it at bay at will. I think many here have that same quality.

❤️

It is water under the bridge. I’ll say this - I may not agree with what went down but I 100% understand your motivations and (even though harsh) can understand why you (or anyone not living my life) came to some of the conclusions you arrived at about my character.

I am, about as anti 12 step as a person can be. I have no higher power. I think long term exposure to meetings and succumbing to a “herd mentality,” causes more harm than good. I attended meetings for maybe a month - strictly for the purpose of finding solace and support in others who were “going through it.” Once I felt strong enough to trust myself - I stopped going altogether. I now volunteer instead. I have found that my recovery comes from the care and hope I am able to provide others.

For me - sobriety has been an act of mind over matter. 12 Step meetings were just a triage. My approach isn’t widely respected - but my mentality is, “ fuck it - it my recovery and these are my terms.” And for now it works. I mention this because you possess that same certain fierceness that I have. You need to do whatever works for you. Failure comes from not living up to other’s expectations of you - if you are being true to yourself - you cannot fail.

I have your back.....

Load Metric
    All this love in the air lately. Not what I signed up to PFA for.

Tyde needs to start a Rainman thread and our bitches need to get their claws out again.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Thread Information