Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CNN's Anthony Bourdain helsed himself

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

CNN's Anthony Bourdain helsed himself

Killed himself at age 61 in a hotel room.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html

This is the second well known US person to kill themselves recently. Fashion designer Kate Spade hung herself last week.

Comments

splitthis: He was an atheist

Load Metric
    Jooicide.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fit's the category of shocking. Not saying he used a toaster in the tub but anyway.

Load Metric
    If Anthony Bourdains life is so miserable that he had to kill himself, there really isnt much hope for the rest of us.

Pretty amazing he could perform at such a high level with all these apparent demons.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Indeed

Charham: well put

Tellafriend: yep

incognito81: its truly amazing the way the mind stretches... I dont think 99.99% of us can really fathom it.

thesparten: 1

hongkonger: Absolutely

sah_24: Ya be a weak bitch like him and off yoursefl ...

splitthis: Not true, his lack of hope does not affect yours
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Killed himself at age 61 in a hotel room.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html

This is the second well known US person to kill themselves recently. Fashion designer Kate Spade hung herself last week.
    He was a Trump hater.

Comments

Muck Ficon: What is your point? Have another drink champ

herbertstemple: I'm a Muck Ficon hater rep & offset.

Load Metric
    It probably didnt help, having a girlfriend who was speaking out publicly, about being sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein.

Comments

El Gallo: Ugh

Muck Ficon: When did El Gallo let you out of your cage?

herbertstemple: Wish I could offset both of these morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Bronze
    Load Metric
    shit really shakes me.... All i want is a 120 pound spinner and my own private beach. I'll pick berries for her..... Avicii, Kate Spade ,and now this. All very wealthy... Last pictures of Avicii was him on a yatch in Oman a day before he was found with a broken wine bottle in his hand....This shits for real... Pm me before you cut your wrists... ill buy you a hooker and some MDMA. For real.... Or we can smoke a bowl on the beach in Bali.... Fuck... i cant imagine the pain.... Shit makes me sad

Comments

sah_24: All very weak minded cowards, that were huge SJW libtards ... hmmm luls

big dick: Offset the retard. Nice post

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post
    If Anthony Bourdains life is so miserable that he had to kill himself, there really isnt much hope for the rest of us.Pretty amazing he could perform at such a high level with all these apparent demons.
    I don’t agree with that first sentence at all. Our culture more or less promotes this sentiment but it’s simply a facade.( probably not the right word) Fame, money etc. have little to do with happiness.

Comments

hongkonger: So very fucking true

MumblesBadly: I drive a truck for a living over the road for 11+ months a year for crap pay and am super happy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by incognito81 View Post
    shit really shakes me.... All i want is a 120 pound spinner and my own private beach. I'll pick berries for her..... Avicii, Kate Spade ,and now this. All very wealthy... Last pictures of Avicii was him on a yatch in Oman a day before he was found with a broken wine bottle in his hand....This shits for real... Pm me before you cut your wrists... ill buy you a hooker and some MDMA. For real.... Or we can smoke a bowl on the beach in Bali.... Fuck... i cant imagine the pain.... Shit makes me sad
    . my thought is that Kate Spade was very upsetting because she reminds people of the preppy put together mom you always wanted/had. Avicci, the cool rock star. Bourdain, cool rock star chef, etc. Keep in mind the studies around suicide clusters, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...me-in-clusters . These high profile pretty mainstream and cool people committing suicide feeds into the cluster affect. ugh. as you say, there is always a bowl in Bali or something better if things are bad.

Comments

incognito81: The word "fathom" appeared in the article

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    If Anthony Bourdains life is so miserable that he had to kill himself, there really isnt much hope for the rest of us.Pretty amazing he could perform at such a high level with all these apparent demons.
    I don’t agree with that first sentence at all. Our culture more or less promotes this sentiment but it’s simply a facade.( probably not the right word) Fame, money etc. have little to do with happiness.

Of course Fame and Money have little to do with happiness. Some of the most miserable people we know are rich (lotto winnings are a good example). But I have also never seen someone depressed function anywhere near the level of Anthony Bourdain. He seemed to have a circle of amazing friends, did speaking tours, traveled nearly year round and had great conversations with people over food. 99.99 percent of severely depressed people couldn't physically do one of these thing let alone all of them. Also, in recent years he seemed to be embracing a more healthy lifestyle and told many people this was the best he has ever felt. He did masterful job of covering it up if he had been dealing with long term severe depression.

Or maybe he recently had an opiate relapse ... I feel as if it had to be some traumatic recent event.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: Your two posts sum it up well. You have an exceptional way of articulating what many others cannot. Thank You.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric

Of course Fame and Money have little to do with happiness. Some of the most miserable people we know are rich (lotto winnings are a good example). But I have also never seen someone depressed function anywhere near the level of Anthony Bourdain. He seemed to have a circle of amazing friends, did speaking tours, traveled nearly year round and had great conversations with people over food. 99.99 percent of severely depressed people couldn't physically do one of these thing let alone all of them. Also, in recent years he seemed to be embracing a more healthy lifestyle and told many people this was the best he has ever felt. He did masterful job of covering it up if he had been dealing with long term severe depression.

Or maybe he recently had an opiate relapse ... I feel as if it had to be some traumatic recent event.
    Well said, @IGotNoToe. What you lack in toes - you have in insight.

I agree that "something" must have happened. He "seemed" to really have it together - he exuded happiness. Or, he had become a master of deceit - having fooled his followers.

Sanlmar is going to be devastated.

Comments

sah_24: He is a fucking coward, thats all that happened ...

big dick: OFFSET THE RETARD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, not much insight I'm afraid. One assumes depression was the reason for suicide but it's not the only reason people kill themselves.
    And if it was depression it doesn't mean anything to your life or mine. Stress can cause depression and what causes stress?
    The false impression that we have to have this or that or with so much in the bank or that we have so much on our "plate" that we can't cope.

third post already today, I'm out

Load Metric
    Unconfirmed star wacker attack.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

No, not much insight I'm afraid. One assumes depression was the reason for suicide but it's not the only reason people kill themselves.
    And if it was depression it doesn't mean anything to your life or mine. Stress can cause depression and what causes stress?
    The false impression that we have to have this or that or with so much in the bank or that we have so much on our "plate" that we can't cope.

third post already today, I'm out

Of course we are assuming depression as it the number one reason for suicide . For all we know he could have dropped acid and hung himself because he had a bad trip.

Load Metric
    sad story

I do wonder what the catalyst was behind this one. Did he relapse on heroin and was so ashamed of himself he couldn't live anymore. Family issues, drunk, it boggles the mind somewhat. To be traveling the world being paid top dollar, acclaimed chef, moneys not a problem it makes little sense. Something tells me the details of this one will end up being shocking or quite confusing.

Any note left behind???

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    sad story

I do wonder what the catalyst was behind this one. Did he relapse on heroin and was so ashamed of himself he couldn't live anymore. Family issues, drunk, it boggles the mind somewhat. To be traveling the world being paid top dollar, acclaimed chef, moneys not a problem it makes little sense. Something tells me the details of this one will end up being shocking or quite confusing.

Any note left behind???

maybe Hoser can shed some light on this one

Comments

Muck Ficon: Maybe he was a drunk like you, and his uncle touched him?

herbertstemple: The man has a job. STFU bitch & offset

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I feel there is a couple things going on with depression epidemic.

1. Depression is a large part genetic. Some people are wired to be depressed no matter how "great" their lives are. Most of us are never going to get clinically depressed no matter how bad things get.

2. Remember, human beings are animals, and we are hardwired to live very different lives than we do. Our psychology at the species level is suited for our "natural" lives, which is basically walking around all day looking for food trying not to get killed and eaten by other people or big predators. Our current modern lifestyles are nothing like this. It is a little psychological jarring for all of us, and some people can handle this better than others due to genetic and environmental factors.

Comments

Tellafriend: Coge

sah_24: some people are weak minded cowards, and we are breading more and more of those ...

Banned
    Load Metric
    oh and....

obv

Comments

garrett: was waiting for who....

sonatine: a good man who deserved a proper sendoff

Load Metric
    anthony bourdain was GOD

/thread

Comments

sah_24: No he wasn't, he was a weak minded human with a drug problem tho ...

big dick: OFFSET THIS FUCKING IDIOT
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    anthony bourdain was GOD

/thread

Indeed. Appeared to have the rare enviable life and niche. Truly shocked at this one. Half expecting to hear about a pancreatic cancer diagnosis in the next few days or something.

Thread Information