Thread: Civil libertarians, please give your opinion about this arrest by Mesa police

Load Metric

Civil libertarians, please give your opinion about this arrest by Mesa police

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Ya I just don’t understand. Do these idiots just forget that they wear body cams? Amazing
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Cops should be held personally responsible when they're sued for this type of behavior. Might make them think twice knowing the city won't just pay them out.

Cops were simply hassling them. Punching the guy in the head like that is criminal!

Load Metric
    How much will the guy get in a lawsuit?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    How much will the guy get in a lawsuit?
    Not enough. They’ll make this self defense somehow
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    What’s the background? Where were they at? A jail or police station? Office building?

I dislike police immensely, but it isn’t like they didn’t give this kid an opportunity to shut his fucking mouth and sit down and avoid all this shit multiple times. They were even polite. Kid was just repeatedly openly defiant. You have to be half-retarded to not know a beatdown is coming.

I understand his defiance if they were in some random place and the first cop had no reason to even detain them, but if they were in a police station or jail, then you need to have a basic understanding that you’re in their domain at that point.

On the feel bad scale, that punk rates low for me on the police brutality spectrum. I’ve seen too many videos where the victim tries to deescalate the situation and still gets beat down. I reserve my outrage for those.

Comments

Sirens: +1
    Last edited by BCR; 06-07-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In a society as criminal as our is (which is a cost of the civil liberty we have) a certain amount of police heavy handedness is probably necessary when dealing with the dregs of society. Believe it or not this also involves preemptively neutralizing a situation before it can escalate.

The media clearly has a campaign against police in general, and are cherry picking and editing videos to wage their campaign. Knowing there is such obvious and blatant attempts at coercion going on, I am extremely skeptical of jumping to conclusions about our law enforcement based on cherrypicked, edited and incomplete media reports.

For every video of police abuse being promoted, there is another one that is being repressed of a civilian attacking (and sometimes killing) a police officer because the officer gave them the benefit of the doubt and didn't act heavy handed enough. So I am going to go ahead and be very skeptical of any video that comes from an extremely compromised media.

There are a lot of statistics about law enforcement compiled by the DOJ and others that paint a much different picture than the prejudiced, corrupt narrative the media is giving us. If you research some of those, instead of just assuming the media is acting in good faith how they are portraying things, then maybe you will be able to come to a more accurate conclusion of what is going on than the one the media is manipulating and coercing us into having.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What’s the background? Where were they at? A jail or police station? Office building?

I dislike police immensely, but it isn’t like they didn’t give this kid an opportunity to shut his fucking mouth and sit down and avoid all this shit multiple times. They were even polite. Kid was just repeatedly openly defiant. You have to be half-retarded to not know a beatdown is coming.

I understand his defiance if they were in some random place and the first cop had no reason to even detain them, but if they were in a police station or jail, then you need to have a basic understanding that you’re in their domain at that point.

On the feel bad scale, that punk rates low for me on the police brutality spectrum. I’ve seen too many videos where the victim tries to deescalate the situation and still gets beat down. I reserve my outrage for those.
    Agree... he was annoyed at being stopped.

But you can't just go punching someone in the head like that because he didn't sit down properly, or do it fast enough.

He was surrounded by cops and there was very little threat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

But you can't just go punching someone in the head like that because he didn't sit down properly, or do it fast enough.

I did my own research, and this was at an apartment complex. It felt like it might have been at a jail or police station parking garage or something when I first watched it. That changes shit a lot. In those places the cops are responsible for knowing why each person is there and why they’re there. The kid was still a cocky idiot who could have easily avoided all this. His friend didn’t catch a beat down because he wasn’t an idiot, but I understand the fuck you defiance more easily if you are just minding your own business at some apartment. Still, it’s America, and regardless of how it should be, you know that fuck you defiance has a price. In the end, it will be the best day of that dude’s life and he’ll settle for 2.4 million and be a local hero in the hood.

Load Metric

I did my own research, and this was at an apartment complex. It felt like it might have been at a jail or police station parking garage or something when I first watched it. That changes shit a lot. In those places the cops are responsible for knowing why each person is there and why they’re there. The kid was still a cocky idiot who could have easily avoided all this. His friend didn’t catch a beat down because he wasn’t an idiot, but I understand the fuck you defiance more easily if you are just minding your own business at some apartment. Still, it’s America, and regardless of how it should be, you know that fuck you defiance has a price. In the end, it will be the best day of that dude’s life and he’ll settle for 2.4 million and be a local hero in the hood.
    I don't think they should have even jumped on him and restrained him. But I can understand if they did because he was hesitant to follow instructions... but smashing him in the head like that is assault plain and simple.

I hate cops hassling me, but I do what they tell me without question. He didn't deserve those full on punches to the head... and doesn't deserve the huge payout he will get either.

Load Metric
    Good God.

When a White Man tells a n-word to sit down, the n-word should obediently sit down like the inferior minority he is. Agreed, civil liberties were violated here. The cops should sue the black off this n-word.

Peace out.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric

The police were called to that apartment complex by a woman who reported that her ex-boyfriend was trying to break into her apartment. The short guy who sat down right away is the ex-BF, and the bigger guy, who ended up hitting that cop’s fist with his face several times, apparently was the muscle brought along to help the short guy deal with his ex-GF and the guy who was with her in the apartment. As such, the po-po already had probably cause that the bigger guy was an accomplice to the reported attempted break-in when they first came in contact with him on that landing.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Apparently the bodycam footage has been released and it just makes things 100x worse for the PD in this case.. I think this is the same Dept where some trigger happy fuck shot an unarmed guy in a hotel last year or something I think.. Sounds like there is a serious leadership issue in this dept.. Then again it seems the Cops in AZ are trigger happy in general plus seems everybody is walking around strapped either right on their hip or concealed..

Comments

MumblesBadly: It is the same PD.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I dislike police immensely, but it isn’t like they didn’t give this kid an opportunity to shut his fucking mouth and sit down and avoid all this shit multiple times. They were even polite. Kid was just repeatedly openly defiant. You have to be half-retarded to not know a beatdown it coming.

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH BOTH THESE POST BUT SALTY PERTAINS TOO THIS VIDEO.

Comments

big dick: I'm sure he will sleep better knowing the village idiot agrees with him

Load Metric
    this is what happens when there isn't 6 of them

Load Metric
    I'm fairly pro police despite being a lefty and can;t imagine anyone defending this. Just because you do not follow police instructions does not mean they can assault you. This won't make it to court and settlement will be reached. Unless of course criminal charges are pressed against one or more officers which could very well occur.

Comments

big dick: same

Load Metric
    and they wonder why the cops are always kicking the shit out of them
    but honestly this is why women shouldn't be cops esp in black areas

Comments

thesparten: #spartenmonkeythread

Tellafriend: why would anyone want to be a cop - let these animals kill each other

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I'm fairly pro police despite being a lefty and can;t imagine anyone defending this. Just because you do not follow police instructions does not mean they can assault you. This won't make it to court and settlement will be reached. Unless of course criminal charges are pressed against one or more officers which could very well occur.
    Druff, care to comment?

Thread Information