View Poll Results: Does Tiger win another major ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

24 60.00%
  • no

16 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Tiger win another major ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    You could tell he was feeling miserable today, but was still solid. He doesn’t need to be 100% to win one of these. Just reasonably healthy with a few breaks. Health and age are usually intertwined, but I’m confident he’ll be fit enough in an athletic sense to win one of these for another 5-7 years, but back pain is a tricky fucker.

Caught pretty much all these guys last week at the WGC. That Koepka is highly impressive in person. Dude outhit everyone by 25 yards consistently when I followed him for half his round. Really strong kid. Was shocked how small Rory got again. Must have quit the lifting. Couple years ago he had become a short, yet powerful dude. Was really slim as I stood next to him. Was true about a lot of these guys. I always forget until
    I go watch them live. They always say tv adds 10lbs. Never is that truer than golf. Guys were way smaller than I perceived them, and they just hit the ball in a way I could only dream of.
    The physical condition of modern day golfers has never been so diverse. Kopeka looks like a lifter and there are others who look like lifting beer is all they've done.
    It's a mind game but demonstrating physical prowess is in it's own way a mind game.
    You don't win two U.S Opens without both aspects. Have not seen Koepka throw away a lead. We shall see.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    interesting thing about tiger is he is right there and he can't find his driver to save his life...he's playing total army golf right now with that club...if he had any sorta consistency, I think he might be leading this thing right now...

and on the brooks thing...im amazed every time I see him...dude is just a specimen...20 years ago lol at any guys outside of tiger looking like that..
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 08-12-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Load Metric
    He's doing it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    it is awesome. If these were match play tournaments Tiger would have little trouble.

I must say, as a perennial wannabe I would love hitting 9 irons into long par fours

Comments

hutmaster: Im just a hack but seeing a guy hit a 4 iron 225+ is sick.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Win or lose today, Tiger is still the most exciting golfer to watch. All his back problems and prolonged layoffs and he's playing better than 90% of the guys on tou. Providing no further injuries he's only going to get better. His first nine today was a masterpiece without hitting a single fairway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tiger Woods: 196 (66-66-64) over last 3 rounds; his lowest score across 54 holes of a major in his career by 4 shots

He's got one more in him. Books gonna love it as Tiger punters come back into the mix
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    He's doing it.

Comments

duped_samaritan: yeah yeah yeah...

Load Metric
    Man, his approach shots today were just fantastic. Playing real golf again. Good to see.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I’ll say this - if I made the bet I wouldn’t be nearly as comfortable now. I still think no is the chalk but you can see flashes of old tiger.

I think the open next year is his best shot.
    I’d lay pretty big money at +400 that he wins another major at some point in his career. He led the Open a few weeks ago with 8 holes left. He’s 4 back in the PGA. On the back 9 today he had 6 birdie putts inside 20 feet and made zero. He could easily be tied for the lead. If he keeps giving himself chances, he will get it done once. No doubt at all IMO.
    “By the numbers” he’s got one more year in him due to age and that is not considering the injury history. I stand by that. That said we are talking about someone who very well could have won today. I think we know how this fictitious bet goes by the time The Open is finished next July 21st.

If I made the bet at -400..... I’d be sweating a bit now so I guess that says a lot about if it was a good bet or not.

Load Metric

I’d lay pretty big money at +400 that he wins another major at some point in his career. He led the Open a few weeks ago with 8 holes left. He’s 4 back in the PGA. On the back 9 today he had 6 birdie putts inside 20 feet and made zero. He could easily be tied for the lead. If he keeps giving himself chances, he will get it done once. No doubt at all IMO.
    “By the numbers” he’s got one more year in him due to age and that is not considering the injury history. I stand by that. That said we are talking about someone who very well could have won today. I think we know how this fictitious bet goes by the time The Open is finished next July 21st.

If I made the bet at -400..... I’d be sweating a bit now so I guess that says a lot about if it was a good bet or not.
    Tiger is the best golfer to ever live. On 7/21/19 he will be 43.5 years old. 10 majors have been won by older players. 4 times players 50 or older have held the lead late in final rounds of majors. To discount Tiger because of age is foolish to me. Tiger winning a Masters in his 50s would surprise almost no one.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Tiger is the best golfer to ever live. On 7/21/19 he will be 43.5 years old. 10 majors have been won by older players. 4 times players 50 or older have held the lead late in final rounds of majors. To discount Tiger because of age is foolish to me. Tiger winning a Masters in his 50s would surprise almost no one.
    youre not discounting him by age, youre discounting him based on age AND the fact that his body has been reconstructed big time...if he was 27 and had all the procedures done that he has, youd be a little concerned...the fact that he's gonna be 43 and has all those surgeries under his belt, that's the concern...

I was in the, 'I think he could do it camp', the fact that this amazing comeback could be undone by one bad swing is concerning...

I believe he is gonna play the fedex cup events, plus the ryder cup (if the captains leave him off after this they are fucking retarded)...that's a whole helluva lotta golf consecutively, something he hasn't done in years...hopefully he can get through all of that without incident...

Load Metric
    It’s not him I’m discounting. It’s everyone else who grew up wanting to be him I’m appreciating.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  Capturebk.PNG
Views: 289
Size:  194.0 KB

BCR back me up on this one...no way in hell that he is below 2 bills...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Obviously I don’t know for sure, but I’d say he’s somewhere between 190-195 if I had to guess because those golfers don’t carry a lot of weight in their legs. Like I said, they were all slimmer that I thought. He’s a really fit dude. He’s not someone you’d necessarily think is some bodybuilder wannabe guy in a bar, but he’s an athlete. I’m about 180-185. He struck me as roughly the same but he’s probably an inch taller than me. If he’s 6 even he’s probably 190-195ish. It wouldn’t shock me if he was 205, but I’d take under 200 if I had to bet. Just really solidly built. He hits the shit out of the ball, as they all do. He looks like he can hit the shit out of the ball. It’s the 155lb dudes that shock you every time. I really don’t know how the fuck they do it because it looks effortless.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Obviously I don’t know for sure, but I’d say he’s somewhere between 190-195 if I had to guess because those golfers don’t carry a lot of weight in their legs. Like I said, they were all slimmer that I thought. He’s a really fit dude. He’s not someone you’d necessarily think is some bodybuilder wannabe guy in a bar, but he’s an athlete. I’m about 180-185. He struck me as roughly the same but he’s probably an inch taller than me. If he’s 6 even he’s probably 190-195ish. It wouldn’t shock me if he was 205, but I’d take under 200 if I had to bet. Just really solidly built. He hits the shit out of the ball, as they all do. He looks like he can hit the shit out of the ball. It’s the 155lb dudes that shock you every time. I really don’t know how the fuck they do it because it looks effortless.
    interesting...was watching it with somebody and I looked up his stats and I laughed and said no fucking way he's below 200...I played in HS and a few smallish amateur events (nothing like these guys woulda been playing when they were amateurs) when I was in college and I never saw anything that looked like Koepka...that's why I just marvel that a dude like that is playing this game, cause like 15 years ago they just didn't...

I hear ya on the little guys too...guys like fowler, it's unreal...he obviously not the longest on tour, but he certainly gets it out there with the guys that mash...

Load Metric

“Koepka said he’s just over 6 feet tall and weighs 208 pounds.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/koepka-...154700876.html
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    GET EM SIZZLES

Load Metric
    Tiger in the lead by 3 on sunday at the tour championship

paired with Rory M

1 --
    Tiger Woods
    -12 2:05 pm 65 68 65 -- 198 2 20 18
    T2 --
    Rory McIlroy
    -9 2:05 pm 67 68 66 -- 201 8 17 9
    T2 --
    Justin Rose
    -9 1:55 pm 66 67 68 -- 201 1 2 1
    T4 --
    Kyle Stanley titleist
    -6 1:55 pm 69 68 67 -- 204 14 25 11
    T4 --
    Jon Rahm
    -6 1:45 pm 68 68 68 -- 204 13 24 11
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    yup

Load Metric
    Everythign is in place for Tiger to not only win the Tournament but the last piece for him to win the FedEx Cup easily finishing what could be seen as the biggest comeback in Sports History... Justin Rose had to fall to 5th or worse and hes now in 6th with 2 holes ot play (Hes +4 on the day).. Every other chip has fallen Tiger needs to claim the championship.. I don't care who ya are.. If he pulls it off and right now its very close to reality.. only Rose can deny him and hes choking worse then a midget hooker on a BBC.

Thread Information