Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 76ers GM Bryan Colangelo had 4 fake Twitter accounts which he used to troll his own players

Platinum
    Load Metric

yeah nobody has ever done anything fucking stupid with the supposed anonymity of the internet...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I love it when computer novices try to do something clever online.

Always backfires because they make so many rookie mistakes.

Like, if you're gonna have 5 Twitter accounts -- 4 of which are anonymous and tweeting things you don't want attributed to you -- how are you dumb enough to register them to the same phone number or follow the same obscure people?

He made tons of other idiotic mistakes, too.

Surprised it took this long to come out.

Load Metric
    Absolutely ridiculous that some people have to resort to hiding behind a fake account to post their thoughts. Disgusting. I hope he gets canned and blacklisted.

Comments

Avon Barksdale: I see what you did there ;)

Load Metric
    Pretty incredible how this was investigated/uncovered even though BC was unbelievably careless.

Easily the best part is his repeated defenses of his awful collared shirts that randoms would shit on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Name:  13D4B961-FE67-4920-AEDC-1B4104D1524B.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  44.6 KB
    Lmao i fucking love twitter
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Name:  1887B76D-68E9-44C6-87E7-961BEACDF336.jpeg
Views: 319
Size:  58.3 KB
    OMG

Load Metric
    Name:  A5DAA8C0-D348-448F-8156-3C4D77DD0E95.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  239.5 KB

Load Metric
    It just seems so natural that this is an NBA story

This story serves as the perfect bridge to carry us over the utter mismatch that will be the Finals until the obnoxious LeBron sweepstakes starts.

Thank god for hockey

Comments

Hockey Guy: Thanks for the shoutout.

Load Metric
    Luckily the NBA loves the Colangelo's, they'll just be put in charge of the next team to take too long to complete their "process".

Load Metric
    Name:  Cropped_Screen_Shot_2018_05_28_at_9.47.53_PM.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  60.7 KB

Comments

varys: Lmao them collars

Load Metric
    I’m anxiously awaiting the Simmons pod with the writer this AM. Hopefully despite being LA based, he still uses the right and civilized time zone when referring to AM unlike some West-coast biased individuals(who operate 8th-tier poker forums) which will remain unnamed.

I highly doubt it, but I’m curious if anything Colangelo did was actionable. Like disclosing medical details or harassment. I believe HIPAA only covers health care workers, but it seems like it might be a union/civil/contract type situation that some overzealous agent could possibly be looking to make a bigger issue. Makes me wonder if the internal investigation in lieu of instant firing is really just a meeting with their lawyers and those familiar with the collective bargaining agreement.

Well, at least I’m fairly confident that the Sixers don’t already have a handshake agreement on Lebron or else this idiot would have tweeted about it. We would have saw a tweet stating the genius Colangelo will land him, and citing Lebron’s respect for his warbrobe as one of the deciding factors.

Comments

varys: LBJ LOVES collars
    Last edited by BCR; 05-30-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Load Metric
    the only way this can be salvaged from the sixers’ perspective is if they hire dave griffin as GM to recruit lebron. no way any free agent comes here with high collars still in place

Load Metric
    speculation on philly sports radio is that the accounts or at least the “eric jr” one is colangelo’s son, eric

Load Metric
    Surprised Simmons pod hasn’t dropped. If it goes another hour or so and doesn’t, I’ll be thinking he’s getting threatened by lawyers from BC

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Surprised Simmons pod hasn’t dropped. If it goes another hour or so and doesn’t, I’ll be thinking he’s getting threatened by lawyers from BC
    I subscribe to multiple Ringer podcasts (enough that I get at least one podcast every weekday) and they tend to all be released at once. As far as I can tell, Ringer hasn't released any podcasts today yet. If they release some other ones but nothing about this topic than I would start speculating this is the case.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I subscribe to multiple Ringer podcasts (enough that I get at least one podcast every weekday) and they tend to all be released at once. As far as I can tell, Ringer hasn't released any podcasts today yet. If they release some other ones but nothing about this topic than I would start speculating this is the case.

That’s possible. He just specifically said he was going to drop one in the AM. I subscribe also, but he drops pods independent all the time when he has one of his emergency podcasts about the Celtics or whatever. That NBA show drops after midnight often during playoffs. They don’t always drop at the same time.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Wonder who ratted him out?

Will be hilarious if he doesn't get fired. Professional sports, thanks to ESPN money robbed from every cabe subscriber and fleecing the taxpayers with new-stadium scams is the one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated on the citizens of this country.

It's hilarious this guy makes god-knows how much and has so little respect for the money floating around to be a part or the driving force behind these social media accounts.

Professional sports, like the "war on drugs" and "peace in the middle east" and the "federal reserve" is just a hierarchy of nonsense designed to rob the average citizen.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

Will be hilarious if he doesn't get fired. Professional sports, thanks to ESPN money robbed from every cabe subscriber and fleecing the taxpayers with new-stadium scams is the one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated on the citizens of this country.

It's hilarious this guy makes god-knows how much and has so little respect for the money floating around to be a part or the driving force behind these social media accounts.

Professional sports, like the "war on drugs" and "peace in the middle east" and the "federal reserve" is just a hierarchy of nonsense designed to rob the average citizen.
    It is just entertainment. Its not robbing anyone of anything. There is nothing real life on the line for anyone watching the sport unless you make it real life by becoming super invested or gambling. It doesn't go at all with any of your other examples, which have far reaching real life consequences where you get no decision whether your money is opting in our out, except very abstractly by voting once every 2/4 years.

I guess you could argue due to bundling the costs are being spread around where the entertainment itself is focused only on the people that watch it, but you could argue that about bundling in general, and still noone is forcing you to buy cable anyways.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

Ucmtcmebtch’s burner account?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    MORE TWEETS

“I am a Philly fan but out trade The process for The Unicorn in a heart bit,” the account wrote. “Such a smarter player.” And, in response to a Sixers Nation post about Embiid committing a foul, Enoughunkownsources replied: “I am sure it is hard for him ‘to process’ the fact, that this is now Ben’s team. So he is acting up. This ego foul is costing us big!”

Other times, Embiid was described as “a bit lazy,” “selfish,” and “acting like a tool,” and accused of partying too much. “Ben is going to be better than Joel@snd less distracted by models and social media,” Still Balling wrote in October 2017, in response to Sixers Nation.

i can't believe this level of stupidity

BRING BACK THE GOD HINKIE
    Only level of stupidity on Colangelo's part was getting caught for doing what he did.. A little common sense using some minor security tweaks he never would've been found out.. Total tech fail on his part..

If you think this isn't going on with other sports teams at all your kidding yourself..

Thread Information