Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: so roseanne has to get fired, right?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If conservatives are smart, they won't try to make a martyr our of Roseanne, but will rather just dismiss her as someone who got themselves fired over tweeting something stupid, and move on.

I don't have a problem with conservatives pointing out some left-wing hypocrisy where famous liberals got away with saying/writing really outrageous things, but they need to keep their distance from Roseanne.

If they don't, they will just feed into the narrative of, "Republicans are racist, and Democrats are tolerant and sensitive."

All of the extreme SJW crap has pushed a lot of centrists and moderate leftists right, hence the Trump victory in 2016. The left still hasn't learned from this, but the right is doing themselves so favors by jumping to support people like Roseanne.

Load Metric
    If you are a public figure and take drugs or drink, have your maid lock up your social media to prevent the resulting spewing from occurring. I say all kind of bs when I'm hammered but dont have execs and advertisers to answer to. In fact, some of my best material comes when I'm drunk, and some of my worst. I didnt drink at all last night due to an all day hangover from the night before. My sleep was shit so a few vodka sodas and lime are traveling through tonight again.
    Risk vs reward Rosie.

Load Metric

Druff: Do you think you could figure out how to interview her in an upcoming radio show? That would epic.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Finally! The real reason got so controversial lately: It was a stunt to help promote her new fragrance line.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

I don't watch tv news either.

You think social media = figuring things out for yourself? LOL

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    It's been over 110 days since Drexel last posted.

What has he been up to?

Comments

Tellafriend: quite the double standard

Load Metric
    Just listened to entire Joe Rogan Experience episode from last October in which he has on Rosanne Barr. I did so through his show’s podcast. Great episode.

Here’s something that I didn’t expect when I started listening to this interview: I’ve come to the conclusion that Rosanne was intentionally thrown under the bus by the network because she is an outspoken Trump supporter/apologist. And that her tweet about Valery Jarrett that started this whole kerfuffle was not in any way related to Jarrett’s race or intended as racist by Barr.

Mind you, I don’t agree at all with Rosanne’s politics that motivated that tweet, and believe that she is more than a bit of conspiracy nut, but IMO anyone who objectively looks at her political commentary related to tweet and interpret as racist is either wholly misinformed or intentionally disingenuous.

Here is the complete episode on the JRE YouTube channel.

Comments

sonatine: 0 days without being a forum embarrassment
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-08-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You never know with Roseanne.

She's such a loose cannon that she could have meant anything.

Her unhinged, trashy demeanor is both what made her career and what led her into situations like these.

Load Metric
    shes bipolar. she says and does horrible things because she's off her meds and 'in a mood'.

everything else is just spin.

</thread>

Comments

limitles: fuck off
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    shes bipolar. she says and does horrible things because she's off her meds and 'in a mood'.

everything else is just spin.

</thread>
    now he's a psychiatrist

the hubris in this guy

Make no mistake Rosanne is special/bi-polar...whatever you like to call her.
    But she and many of those whom we come to adore then trash are what they are
    for a variety of reasons, often not the best of reasons.

A vanilla wafer like Sonatine has no insight into what makes or breaks those
    tragic figures we like to talk about

"At 16, Barr was hit by a car; the incident left her with a traumatic brain injury.[8] Her behavior changed so radically that she was institutionalized for eight months at Utah State Hospital.[10] While institutionalized she had a baby, which she put up for adoption.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_Barr#Early_life

Last edited by limitles; 09-08-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Load Metric
    You never know with Roseanne.

She's such a loose cannon that she could have meant anything.

Her unhinged, trashy demeanor is both what made her career and what led her into situations like these.
    Rosanne explained how she is a “tribalist”, with her “tribe” being Jewish. And anything that hints at potentially threatening Israel, regardless of the actual threat level, takes priority over everything else. She doesn’t like Valery Jarrett because of Jarrett’s less-than-full-supportive position on Israel, and how Obama challenged the rightwing government of Israel and negotiated the nuclear non-enrichment deal with Iran. And it’s probably the main reason why she likes Trump. She claims that she didn’t support Hillary in 2016 because of her corruption even though she liked Hillary in 2008. And how she hates corruption, but is strangely silent on the rampant corruption that is the Trump Administration, and how much of epic cheat and grifter he has been for decades.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-08-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Just listened to entire Joe Rogan Experience episode from last October in which he has on Rosanne Barr. I did so through his show’s podcast. Great episode.

Here’s something that I didn’t expect when I started listening to this interview: I’ve come to the conclusion that Rosanne was intentionally thrown under the bus by the network because she is an outspoken Trump supporter/apologist. And that her tweet about Valery Jarrett that started this whole kerfuffle was not in any way related to Jarrett’s race or intended as racist by Barr.

Mind you, I don’t agree at all with Rosanne’s politics that motivated that tweet, and believe that she is more than a bit of conspiracy nut, but IMO anyone who objectively looks at her political commentary related to tweet and interpret as racist is either wholly misinformed or intentionally disingenuous.

Something that is getting lost in all of this is that Valerie Jarrett does look exactly like she is wearing one of those old school Planet of the Apes masks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Something that is getting lost in all of this is that Valerie Jarrett does look exactly like she is wearing one of those old school Planet of the Apes masks.
    Apparently, Rosanne thought Valerie Jarrett was Jewish because she looked a lot like one of her cousins, who has dark skin. And she probably thought it okay to looks-shame a fellow white Jew since inner-“tribal” humor is still socially acceptable in America. And she really does have a low self-control impulse when it comes to humor, as when she publicly apologized to Jarrett a few days or so later on some program, she couldn’t resist finishing with some unsolicited advice to Jarrett that she needed a new hairstyle.

Thread Information