Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why Obama sucks and should not get reelected(Please READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE POSTING)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

All he could do is tell Holder not to prosecute, and IF Holder agrees with this assesment the companies would still be breaking the law, they just wouldn't be in the government's crosshairs for the time being.Basically we'd be in 2006-2010, which was no picnic itself. You'd have shady operators and an online poker market in absolute limbo as nobody would know how a new AG or a new administration would handle the same thing. Banks would still never process these payments legitimately.

Realistically, online poker is so far down the priority list it probably doesn't even register with most of the higher-ups in government.
    That's my point. Now that they have run FTP and UB out of the market, they could let the reputable and apparently well run companies such as Pokerstars and Party Poker take American players again and tell Holder not to prosecute. He could pick and choose which companies were allowed to do business. Theoretically, it is no different that telling the INS not to enforce federal immigration laws or allowing Health and Human Services to waive the work requirement for people to receive TANF benefits on a case by case basis.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

All he could do is tell Holder not to prosecute, and IF Holder agrees with this assesment the companies would still be breaking the law, they just wouldn't be in the government's crosshairs for the time being.Basically we'd be in 2006-2010, which was no picnic itself. You'd have shady operators and an online poker market in absolute limbo as nobody would know how a new AG or a new administration would handle the same thing. Banks would still never process these payments legitimately.

Realistically, online poker is so far down the priority list it probably doesn't even register with most of the higher-ups in government.
    That's my point. Now that they have run FTP and UB out of the market, they could let the reputable and apparently well run companies such as Pokerstars and Party Poker take American players again and tell Holder not to prosecute. He could pick and choose which companies were allowed to do business. Theoretically, it is no different that telling the INS not to enforce federal immigration laws or allowing Health and Human Services to waive the work requirement for people to receive TANF benefits on a case by case basis.
    Theoretically yes, but essentially you are asking a sitting president to basically ignore a law that deters foreign operators from plundering US money and pay no taxes. The UB's and FTP's may be out, but do you not think this would open an absolute floodgate? Every degen who took a computer programming course would be hired by mobsters to start online poker sites, and there would be little difference between 2009 and now, except there would be a ton more scam sites
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Theoretically yes, but essentially you are asking a sitting president to basically ignore a law that deters foreign operators from plundering US money and pay no taxes. The UB's and FTP's may be out, but do you not think this would open an absolute floodgate? Every degen who took a computer programming course would be hired by mobsters to start online poker sites, and there would be little difference between 2009 and now, except there would be a ton more scam sites
    For the sake of argument, he could let Harrah's, Steve Wynn, or the Fertita brothers start a US facing site that in the gaming realm is licensed by a state such as Nevada and refuse to enforce the finance aspects of the law.
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 07-15-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Load Metric
    steve-o is in for a lonely ride in this thread.

godspeed, steve-o. im rooting for you and your well balanced overview of domestic politics and security.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    For the sake of argument, he could let Harrah's, Steve Wynn, or the Fertita brothers start a US facing site that in the gaming realm is licensed by a state such as Nevada and refuse to enforce the finance aspects of the law.
    Not to my knowledge, it cannot be used discriminately like that, and if they did it for domestic corporations they would basically run afoul of every WTO trade treaty ever signed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    steve-o is in for a lonely ride in this thread.

godspeed, steve-o. im rooting for you and your well balanced overview of domestic politics and security.
    Plenty of room in the foxhole, jump in anytime!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

I'm on call and have nothing better to do.

What should Obama have done to alter the price of gasoline?

I'm not arguing politics. I'm genuinely interested in why you think that Obama is responsible for gasoline prices.
    This is an easy one.

In 2008, Steven Chu said to The Wall Street Journal: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe". Later, Barack Obama selected him to be secretary of the Department of Energy.

When Obama took office, gas was $1.90/gal.

Energy Secretary Chu and Obama both believe that the US has overinvested in oil and underinvested in solar, wind and other alternative energy sources.

Obama has continued bans on drilling in the eastern half of the Gulf of Mexico, offshore on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts and the oil-rich fields of Alaska. Plus Obama has implimented outrageous regulatory barriers to drilling where it is still legal.

Without Obama's restrictive energy policies, the US could significantly increase domestic oil production. This would cut crude oil and gasoline imports, saving the US billions of dollars per year. Those savings could be used to dramatically increase gross domestic production by billions, creating millions of jobs and lowering unemployment.

Instead, Obama wants to increase taxes on oil companies and use that money to invest in failed solar and wind energy companies like Solyndra.

So, by ignoring and rejecting viable options, President Obama deserves significant blame for high gas prices.

I haven't even addressed Obama's 'War on Coal' energy policies. Check your electricity bills this summer. Obama deserves the lion's share of blame for rising electricity costs.

Vote for Mitt Romney.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SixToedPete View Post

I'm not arguing politics. I'm genuinely interested in why you think that Obama is responsible for gasoline prices.
    This is an easy one.

In 2008, Steven Chu said to The Wall Street Journal: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe". Later, Barack Obama selected him to be secretary of the Department of Energy.

Energy Secretary Chu and Obama both believe that the US has overinvested in oil and underinvested in solar, wind and other alternative energy sources.

Obama has continued bans on drilling in the eastern half of the Gulf of Mexico, offshore on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts and the oil-rich fields of Alaska. Plus Obama has implimented outrageous regulatory barriers to drilling where it is still legal.

Without Obama's restrictive energy policies, the US could significantly increase domestic oil production. This would cut crude oil and gasoline imports, saving the US billions of dollars per year. Those savings could be used to dramatically increase gross domestic production by billions, creating millions of jobs and lowering unemployment.

Instead, Obama wants to increase taxes on oil companies and use that money to invest in failed solar and wind energy companies like Solyndra.

So, by ignoring and rejecting viable options, President Obama deserves significant blame for high gas prices.

I haven't even addressed Obama's 'War on Coal' energy policies. Check your electricity bills this summer. Obama deserves the lion's share of blame for rising electricity costs.

Vote for Mitt Romney.
    Thank you. It took 5 pages but finally someone provided facts and logical thought rather than saying " I want mah pokerz back" or bashing the GOP or having the site's resident self loathing Jew to respond.

More posts like these please.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFTURF View Post

Raise the margins on speculators, drill, invest in real strategies, not pipe dreams of algae for energy. To name a few.....
    Do you think US oil production has gone up or down since 2008?
    This question is a canard.

It's straight out of the left's talking points.

Domestic oil production has basically remained stable (up an infinitesimal amount). However, read my earlier post on Obama's guilt for rising gas, energy prices to understand why domestic oil production should be much higher and why Obama is doing everything in his power to prevent it.

Load Metric
    2000 - 2008 war & tax cuts at the same time....

stupid

didn't work for Johnson, didn't work for Bush

removed controls on financial market, largest recession since 1933...

even more stupid

and you want to give control back to the same folks that did that

if the Reps hadn't effed it up so bad would be have Obama?

Load Metric

This is an easy one.

Vote for Mitt Romney.

There is a context behind that quote because it's talking about what it would take for Americans to get behind renewable energy, and it would take gas prices at the pump (since we already pay more than this) to be equal to those in Europe for Americans to say "FUCK OIL".

If Americans weren't so busy watching the Kardishians we would know that gas prices are artificially low. But most Americans are so fucking stupid and brainwashed they don't even know how a progressive tax system works (http://burbspoker.blogspot.com/2010/...and-logic.html). Yes the pump says $3.50 but when you factor in the subsidies we give to oil companies and all the other bullshit we actually $10-$15 a gallon. The difference between the US and Europe is they know exactly how much they pay for gas and we are friggin rubes at a carnival thinking we have the cheapest gas in the world

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

This is an easy one.

Vote for Mitt Romney.
    Thank you. It took 5 pages but finally someone provided facts and logical thought rather than saying " I want mah pokerz back" or bashing the GOP or having the site's resident self loathing Jew to respond.

More posts like these please.

This should tell you a great deal, when the only argument against Obama that holds sway with you is his failure to maintain artificially deprecated oil/energy costs, costs which have been universally regarded as a major contributing factor to this countries economic instability. Have you seen how much gas costs in other countries? Gas *should* cost more, and cars *should* be more efficient. But since Jesus killed the dinosaurs for God's Amer'ca, petroleum is now His Blood and since Church is exempt from State, every NASCAR yahoo votes for anyone who keeps the holy sacrament flowing no matter how toxic it is for our long term interests.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Gas prices were 89 cents per gallon in phoenix the day Bush won the election. America elected a bunch greedy oil and war profiteers. I knew gas prices would atleast triple. The Bush admin. ushered in the new norm for oil prices and at the same time began wiping out the middle class. If you vote Republican then fuck you, you brainwashed bitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    because Obama is essentially a centerist.
    Thanks for giving me my biggest laugh of the day.

Load Metric
    Obama has more excuses for failure than China has rice

Rasmussen Poll: 30% of Americans say they are better off today than when Obama took office
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Obama has more excuses for failure than China has rice

Rasmussen Poll: 30% of Americans say they are better off today than when Obama took office
    And 75% of Americans blame other people for their problems. If you can explain to me what the policy that has been implemented since 2009 is, and how it has adversely affected you I'm all ears. Problem is nobody can point to anything specific becuase Obama has basically been an extension of Bush, except for Health Care which hasn't even gone into full effect yet.

***I'll use this time to point out that I'm basically a Libertarian only I feel BASIC Health Care should be handled by the Government and private companies should subsidize these basic plans***

Load Metric

This is an easy one.

Vote for Mitt Romney.

There is a context behind that quote because it's talking about what it would take for Americans to get behind renewable energy, and it would take gas prices at the pump (since we already pay more than this) to be equal to those in Europe for Americans to say "FUCK OIL".

If Americans weren't so busy watching the Kardishians we would know that gas prices are artificially low. But most Americans are so fucking stupid and brainwashed they don't even know how a progressive tax system works (http://burbspoker.blogspot.com/2010/...and-logic.html). Yes the pump says $3.50 but when you factor in the subsidies we give to oil companies and all the other bullshit we actually $10-$15 a gallon. The difference between the US and Europe is they know exactly how much they pay for gas and we are friggin rubes at a carnival thinking we have the cheapest gas in the world
    You obviously know nothing about business Steve, if Diesel fuel goes over $6 a gallon trucking costs will go through the roof and I predict the economy will go into recession with hyper inflation, I buy sell and ship truckloads of steel on flatbed trucks every day

here is a good research study about drilling that will answer some of Barry's concerns as well:

"While the Obama administration was taking a victory lap last week after the 5-4 Supreme Court decision to uphold the president’s signature legislative accomplishment, Obamacare, the Interior Department was using the media black hole to release a much-awaited five-year plan for offshore drilling. That plan reinstitutes a 30-year moratorium on offshore energy exploration that will keep our most promising resources locked away until long after President Obama begins plans for his presidential library. Given the timing, it is clear that the self-described “all of the above” energy president didn’t want the American people to discover that he was denying access to nearly 98 percent of America’s vast energy potential on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS).

The Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCSLA) of 1953 provided the interior secretary with the authority to administer mineral exploration and development off our nation’s coastlines. At its most basic level, the act empowers the interior secretary - in this case, former U.S. Sen. Kenneth L. Salazar of Colorado - to provide oil and gas leases to the highest-qualified bidder while establishing guidelines for implementing an oil and gas exploration-and-development program for the Outer Continental Shelf. In 1978, in the wake of the oil crisis and spiking gasoline prices, Congress amended the act to require a series of five-year plans that provide a schedule for the sale of oil and gas leases to meet America’s national energy needs.

But since taking office, Mr. Obama and Mr. Salazar have worked to restrict access to our offshore oil and gas resources by canceling lease sales, delaying others and creating an atmosphere of uncertainty about America’s future offshore development that has left job creators looking for other countries’ waters to host their offshore rigs. More than 3 1/2 years into the Obama regime, nearly 86 billion barrels of undiscovered oil on the Outer Continental Shelf remain off-limits to Americans. Alaska alone has about 24 billion barrels of oil in unleased federal waters. The Commonwealth of Virginia - where Mr. Obama has reversed policies that would have allowed offshore development - is home to 130 million barrels of offshore oil and 1.14 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. But thanks to the president, Virginians will have to wait at least another five years before they can begin creating the jobs that will unlock their offshore resources.

Once you add those restrictions to the vast amount of shale oil that is being blocked, the administration has embargoed nearly 200 years of domestic oil supply. No wonder the administration wanted to slip its plan for the OCS under the radar when the whole country was focused on the health care decision.

But facts are stubborn things, and the Obama administration cannot run forever from its abysmal energy record. In the past three years, the government has collected more than 250 times less revenue from offshore lease sales than it did during the last year of the George W. Bush administration - down from $9.48 billion in 2008 to a paltry $36 million last year. Meanwhile, oil production on federal lands dropped 13 percent last year, and the number of annual leases is down more than 50 percent from the Clinton era.

Under the new Obama plan, those numbers will only get worse. The 2012-17 plan leaves out the entire Atlantic and Pacific coasts and the vast majority of OCS areas off Alaska. It cuts in half the average number of lease sales per year, requires higher minimum bids and shorter lease periods and dramatically reduces lease terms. Yet, somehow, we’re supposed to believe that our “all of the above” president is responsible for increased production and reduced oil import.

With oil hovering around $85 a barrel and nationwide gas prices nearly double what they were when Mr. Obama took office, you’d think the administration might implement a sensible plan to promote robust job creation and safe offshore energy development. Instead, what we get is the latest phase in the Obama administration’s war on affordable energy, filed under cover of media darkness while the nation was swallowing its Obamacare medicine."

Thomas J. Pyle is president of the Institute for Energy Research.

http://www.instituteforenergyresearc...m-past-public/
    Last edited by Rollo Tomasi; 07-15-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

You obviously know nothing about business Steve, if Diesel fuel goes over $6 a gallon
    we will go into recession with hyper inflation

here is a good research study:

"While the Obama administration was taking a victory lap last week after the 5-4 Supreme Court decision to uphold the president’s signature legislative accomplishment, Obamacare, the Interior Department was using the media black hole to release a much-awaited five-year plan for offshore drilling. That plan reinstitutes a 30-year moratorium on offshore energy exploration that will keep our most promising resources locked away until long after President Obama begins plans for his presidential library. Given the timing, it is clear that the self-described “all of the above” energy president didn’t want the American people to discover that he was denying access to nearly 98 percent of America’s vast energy potential on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS).

The Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCSLA) of 1953 provided the interior secretary with the authority to administer mineral exploration and development off our nation’s coastlines. At its most basic level, the act empowers the interior secretary - in this case, former U.S. Sen. Kenneth L. Salazar of Colorado - to provide oil and gas leases to the highest-qualified bidder while establishing guidelines for implementing an oil and gas exploration-and-development program for the Outer Continental Shelf. In 1978, in the wake of the oil crisis and spiking gasoline prices, Congress amended the act to require a series of five-year plans that provide a schedule for the sale of oil and gas leases to meet America’s national energy needs.

But since taking office, Mr. Obama and Mr. Salazar have worked to restrict access to our offshore oil and gas resources by canceling lease sales, delaying others and creating an atmosphere of uncertainty about America’s future offshore development that has left job creators looking for other countries’ waters to host their offshore rigs. More than 3 1/2 years into the Obama regime, nearly 86 billion barrels of undiscovered oil on the Outer Continental Shelf remain off-limits to Americans. Alaska alone has about 24 billion barrels of oil in unleased federal waters. The Commonwealth of Virginia - where Mr. Obama has reversed policies that would have allowed offshore development - is home to 130 million barrels of offshore oil and 1.14 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. But thanks to the president, Virginians will have to wait at least another five years before they can begin creating the jobs that will unlock their offshore resources.

Once you add those restrictions to the vast amount of shale oil that is being blocked, the administration has embargoed nearly 200 years of domestic oil supply. No wonder the administration wanted to slip its plan for the OCS under the radar when the whole country was focused on the health care decision.

But facts are stubborn things, and the Obama administration cannot run forever from its abysmal energy record. In the past three years, the government has collected more than 250 times less revenue from offshore lease sales than it did during the last year of the George W. Bush administration - down from $9.48 billion in 2008 to a paltry $36 million last year. Meanwhile, oil production on federal lands dropped 13 percent last year, and the number of annual leases is down more than 50 percent from the Clinton era.

Under the new Obama plan, those numbers will only get worse. The 2012-17 plan leaves out the entire Atlantic and Pacific coasts and the vast majority of OCS areas off Alaska. It cuts in half the average number of lease sales per year, requires higher minimum bids and shorter lease periods and dramatically reduces lease terms. Yet, somehow, we’re supposed to believe that our “all of the above” president is responsible for increased production and reduced oil import.

With oil hovering around $85 a barrel and nationwide gas prices nearly double what they were when Mr. Obama took office, you’d think the administration might implement a sensible plan to promote robust job creation and safe offshore energy development. Instead, what we get is the latest phase in the Obama administration’s war on affordable energy, filed under cover of media darkness while the nation was swallowing its Obamacare medicine."

Thomas J. Pyle is president of the Institute for Energy Research.

http://www.instituteforenergyresearc...m-past-public/
    Read my post above and you'll see you know nothing about gas prices (whatever that number is at the pump is phantom, the cost is and has been for years somewhere in the $10-$15 range). If the pump reads $5 the hidden cost is another $5; if the pump reads $2 the hidden cost is $8 --get it, it's always the same price! You either pay on the front end or the back end. but you always pay.

Keep quoting articles and statements, because you can't talk the issue out for yourself. Who did the research? who funded the study by the Institute for Energy Research? Here is the info:

According to the ExxonMobils Corporate Giving Reports the IER received 307.000 US$ from the oil company or its foundation between 2003 and 2007.[9] The institute also received 175.000 US$ from Koch Industries according to a Greenpeace report.[10]

good source material you used there

Load Metric
    Rollo and Pete are the two worst Republicans youh could find to debate a point, they don't realize it but what they're advocating is basically Corporate control of government, i.e. Corporatism/Fascism/Plutocracy.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wow ol Rollo is just guzzling that right wing Kool Aid, what a clueless tool.

Thread Information