Thread: Druff would be proud of me. Well, partially, at least.

Load Metric

Druff would be proud of me. Well, partially, at least.

Having dinner at a truck stop chain restaurant and ordered the hot fudge sundae, as I was hankering for something sweet. This is what came, with the pic of how it is shown in the tabletop advertiser to the right.

Name:  511E9836-B2ED-4541-916C-FFE51CDDF3D9.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  122.1 KB

Now, guess what I did that would garner partial praise from Druff in this circumstance.

Comments

splitthis: Get refund and never return

Baron Von Strucker: Close enough eat it!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Cherries on the side (obviously)

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    that your nails somehow look worse than mccains after 9 years in vietnamese prison

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: LMAO!!! Was thinking the same thing +100

big dick: LMFAO

Load Metric
    seriously though todge how do you attract these people

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Having dinner at a truck stop chain restaurant and ordered the hot fudge sundae, as I was hankering for something sweet. This is what came, with the pic of how it is shown in the tabletop advertiser to the right.

Name:  511E9836-B2ED-4541-916C-FFE51CDDF3D9.jpeg
Views: 353
Size:  122.1 KB

Now, guess what I did that would garner partial praise from Druff in this circumstance.
    If you eat at some shitty truck stop restaurant, and actually expect the food to look like what it does on the menu...you are a moron.

Comments

limitles: moron fuck thinks truckers have a choice of a shitty truck stop eatery or a Mortons across the street

herbertstemple: MF is the king of morons
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    complained

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    where's the toppings: fudge, whipped cream & cherry ?

got a discount for them serving less than advertised
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Looks like it's short one scoop and the cherry.

I would have gone back and asked them to add ice cream and put a cherry on top, provided I was hungry enough to eat that much.

Other than that, it's unrealistic to expect food to look like the picture on the menu.

Load Metric
    Lol at getting roasted by kid diabetes

Load Metric
    Mumbles,

Either you have gigantic hands or they served your sundae in a shot glass. Maybe you are supposed to order 5 before you get the cherry.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Somewhere in between
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric

I would have gone back and asked them to add ice cream and put a cherry on top, provided I was hungry enough to eat that much.

Other than that, it's unrealistic to expect food to look like the picture on the menu.

Why is it unrealistic for it to look like the pic on the menu? All they need fo do is take an actual pic of the shit they are selling. If it isnt good enough to take a pic, then they shouldnt be selling it. Wtf. This is a big part of what is wrong with society. You think you are buying X and you get Y and you should be happy you are getting fucked over.

Last week they called to sell me sewer line protection, but that it would be extra to return my property to original before the sewer fuck up. I told them isnt that what I would be paying for? There are too many levels to common sense shit for the purpose of money extraction. I told them fuck you and your partial insurance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Why is it unrealistic for it to look like the pic on the menu? All they need fo do is take an actual pic of the shit they are selling. If it isnt good enough to take a pic, then they shouldnt be selling it. Wtf. This is a big part of what is wrong with society. You think you are buying X and you get Y and you should be happy you are getting fucked over.

Last week they called to sell me sewer line protection, but that it would be extra to return my property to original before the sewer fuck up. I told them isnt that what I would be paying for? There are too many levels to common sense shit for the purpose of money extraction. I told them fuck you and your partial insurance.
    Your sewer thing is a different story, as that's a bait-and-switch.

Fast food not looking like the picture on the menu is a marketing trick which goes back decades. Any guy Mumbles' age should know this very well by now. To complain about it makes you look like a tool.

However, I do agree if it shows two scoops of ice cream and he gets only one (which it appears was the case), then it's worth complaining to get the promised portion.

Load Metric

Fast food not looking like the picture on the menu is a marketing trick which goes back decades. Any guy Mumbles' age should know this very well by now. To complain about it makes you look like a tool.

However, I do agree if it shows two scoops of ice cream and he gets only one (which it appears was the case), then it's worth complaining to get the promised portion.
    There is a difference between subtle differences in pics vs what you are purchasing. I am surprised that you of all people would consider it a tool move to point out vast differences between pics you are to purchase and the actual item. Just cuz thats how its been.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There is a difference between subtle differences in pics vs what you are purchasing. I am surprised that you of all people would consider it a tool move to point out vast differences between pics you are to purchase and the actual item. Just cuz thats how its been.
    Depends what the difference is.

If you're missing items from the picture, of course you should say something.

If it just doesn't look as appetizing, or it's prepared a little bit differently, you shouldn't complain, especially at a fast food place.

Load Metric
    That thing is 840 calories?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by spit this View Post
    That thing is 840 calories?
    That was for the carrot cake.

Name:  475FDF1D-6EF3-4625-8E6F-2412DBA856D0.jpeg
Views: 199
Size:  145.5 KB

Answer: The waitress did initially apologize for not having any cherries, but I said it wasn’t a problem (because I I’m not all that crazy for those things). And I almost started esting it despite being quite surprised that it didn’t look as big as implied by the picture, but decided to not be taken for a patsy given that it should have had, as Druff mentioned, two scoops of ice cream. But instead of arguing number of scoops, as it’s not specifically indicated in the advert, I used the advertisement pic as a guide in the discussion with the staff here...decided on a tack that is intended to hold the managers of these chain stores to what is advertised...

But to be continued, as I need to have my breakfast...

Name:  59C865C5-3657-49D3-8987-4DF2043D75F6.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  119.2 KB

...and get rolling to make a delivery.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If you didn't ask the waitress who took her cherry, you're doing it wrong.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I can't imagine anyone having ever been proud of Mumblesfuck; hence his being forced out of academia into a lonely, sad tractor.

Load Metric
    i mean...everyone knows that pictures of ice cream are 99% of the time mashed potatoes right?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    If you didn't ask the waitress who took her cherry, you're doing it wrong.
    Was thinking if Mumbles keeps asking questions like this, he's going to show up on the #MeToo movement
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Thread Information