Quote Originally Posted by thiefcatcher View Post
First,sorry for the Bowie derail. That line was supposed to go in a tweet. No idea how it made it into my post. Haha, hope it isn't permanently marked on government servers.

Second, I'm definitely not Bell. Maybe Druff can come in here and confirm we have different IPs. I'm just someone who has followed this story for a while. I've been paying close attention.

So, the best case scenario is that he allowed someone else "unfettered" access to his company account? This someone used the account it to move around a lot of stolen money. So you bumped this months old thread to rub it in Bell's face that this guy is suing him?
I didn't know Fred David was suing Bell. The Tweet didn't say that. And, no, the anti-SLAPP line directed at me is what got me fired up in the first place, and then I couldn't find it for a sec.

First, it is very relevant, in the context of a thread that you came into trying to discredit someone else's work. This is a court of public opinion. Anyone that married a neo-nazi is going to have their character called into question.
I think that's a fair point, re character question. But I'll also tell you GUYS something; sometimes women marry a certain guy for reasons men can't fathom. I wouldn't even pretend to know all the answers to this, but I bet it's more complex than any of you (or me) know.

Well, why would Russ send her this email, just on a whim? Hoping she, who apparently didn't work at UB at the time, could change it for him?

This is cool, and I have not seen it before right now.

I believe the answer is this, and it's stated in general terms because I don't have privy to Heick's exact employment dates. There was a partial carryover of staff for a short period of time, and I believe Heick was part of that, separate from her UBT work. I have e-mails from Shah (Matloubi) himself in this same timeframe, coordinating stuff hand-in-hand with the frat boys at AP, and we can see from Makar's tapes that there was cooperation and communication going on between the UB and AP factions well into 2008, until the parallel scandals split them apart.

Heick was high-level hired help, but still hired help, and if Russ and Mansour were still there helping to direct things, she would still be expected to follow the bosses' orders. This e-mail dates from before the cheating was discovered, and I don't think Heick was any sort of poker expert to the point where she would have recognized the cheating herself.

That said, she absolutely did change those account names. Now, did she do it because she was part of the cheating, or did she do it because Russ Hamilton told her that he needed these extra accounts changed as part of his own ongoing (and faked) claims to be investigating these increasing cheating reports himself? After all, that's part of the pretense for why God Mode was created.

Remember also that Heick's primary duties were essentially two-fold: to look for credit-card fraud using ieSnare, and to help provide customer-service to VIP customers, especially those connected to the site's primary owners. Her "security" title had to do with credit-card security; it had not much at all to do with the security of the game play, which was left to the bosses/poker experts. I've seen players misconstrue the meaning of various "security" titles within poker sites all the time; it just does not mean what players want to think it means.

Nope, not talking about Makar. But, while we're at it, if what those young people claim he did to them in Utah (or wherever it was he got arrested) is true, some people would probably consider him unsavory, too.
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but if I remember right the circumstances surrounding the death of his son were part of his explanation when I asked about the arrest. I did my very best to try to get the info (the tapes) from him, and at one point he was calling at me at four in the morning and talking for 90 minutes at a time about all sorts of stuff. But I couldn't get him to release those tapes, and it's pretty clear why, in light of all the stuff he's since released. Travis tended to ramble on about all sorts of different things. He claimed he had some sort of permit or license for the equipment in his car, and that the charges were later dropped, but I agree with you that it was weird and that there was probably stuff he wasn't telling me. But, I'm done with the guy; he had his chance.