Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suburban dad nightmare

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    We put moth balls out to deter snakes. It has seemed to work fairly well.
    Killed a snake yesterday. About 3' long. Whacked it with a stick a few times then cut its head off with my ax. Damn thing still crawled around the back yard for a good 5 minutes. Cat was swatting at it & didn't know what to make of it.

I hate snakes. Just terrified of them. Don't know what it is but it is hard to overcome. Now every time I go around a corner or open a door I think I see a snake. Be glad when this phase passes.

Thanks Tellafriend, will pick up some moth balls this weekend.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Killed a snake yesterday. About 3' long. Whacked it with a stick a few times then cut its head off with my ax. Damn thing still crawled around the back yard for a good 5 minutes. Cat was swatting at it & didn't know what to make of it.

I hate snakes. Just terrified of them. Don't know what it is but it is hard to overcome. Now every time I go around a corner or open a door I think I see a snake. Be glad when this phase passes.

Go easy on them though. They are poisonous and carcinogenic. Keep them well away from children and animals.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Go easy on them though. They are poisonous and carcinogenic. Keep them well away from children and animals.
    TY, will be careful. No kids & cat is outside cat.

Load Metric

I had an in/outside cat growing up. Does he/she leave you the bones of animals?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

I had an in/outside cat growing up. Does he/she leave you the bones of animals?
    No bones but found a couple of dead birds in the back so far this year. No moles either. Got my fingers crossed on this one. In the past have had a bad mole problem in my back yard. She may go to the HOF.

Load Metric

I hate snakes too. I was in Florida on vacation when I was like 12 and was swimming in a freshwater lake, we would take our bikes and ride off a ramp into the lake. It was great fun right up until I felt a bite on my arm and pulled up my arm out of the water and a small 12 inch snake was dangling from it. I showed no immediate symptoms when I got run inside, but it was a hideous experience. To date I have never been in a fresh water lake again, never will.

Another snake event, in college we were sitting around a lake at an apartment complex and my girlfriend was on a lounge chair in a bikini getting sun. I was walking up from the side and I am WTF is that under her chair. As I got closer I realized in a huge snake coiled getting shade. I am like, just get up slowly, she did and positively freaked when she saw it. Turns out it was a harmless garter snake, but it looked ominous at the time since it was reddish in color. A buddy of mine killed it with a golf club, probably overkill.

Comments

herbertstemple: +1

Load Metric

We put on doctor's gloves and throw about 2 boxes around the perimeter of our property -- probably 2/3 of an acre. they smell a little for a while, but it is worth it since I have a little one running around.

Comments

herbertstemple: +1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

I hate snakes too. I was in Florida on vacation when I was like 12 and was swimming in a freshwater lake, we would take our bikes and ride off a ramp into the lake. It was great fun right up until I felt a bite on my arm and pulled up my arm out of the water and a small 12 inch snake was dangling from it. I showed no immediate symptoms when I got run inside, but it was a hideous experience. To date I have never been in a fresh water lake again, never will.

Another snake event, in college we were sitting around a lake at an apartment complex and my girlfriend was on a lounge chair in a bikini getting sun. I was walking up from the side and I am WTF is that under her chair. As I got closer I realized in a huge snake coiled getting shade. I am like, just get up slowly, she did and positively freaked when she saw it. Turns out it was a harmless garter snake, but it looked ominous at the time since it was reddish in color. A buddy of mine killed it with a golf club, probably overkill.
    One more quote, the groudskeeper for the property came up to us after snake was killed with a wedge. We explained what happened and he was literally pissed saying garter snakes kill and ate mice that would get into the nearby apartments. We explained we thought is was poisonous and he just grabbed it with a with a rake and tossed it into the lake and made the comment it was someone's dinner that evening. Fairly uneventful but this thread was uneventful in it's creation so WTF you want from me?

Thread Information