Thread: Life since the stroke

Bronze
    Load Metric

Life since the stroke

Everything changed in a blink of a eye. While i was in the hospital fighting for my life my x of 12 years was screwing a so called friend or mine. Prior to the stroke i was working a full time job and i worked part time at a friend's BBQ joint. I was bringing in over 2500 a month. Then one morning as i was driving to work everything got blurry and i slammed my car into a guardrail. The wreck might have saved my life as the EMS got there fast and noticed my speech was off. They immediately gave me a shot to reverse the stroke or i probably wouldn't have made it. 3 years ago i became a pappy to my Granddaughter Rosie. I also have another granddaughter on the way due in September. My son and i have become very close. I am unable to find a job that i can physically do so i am considering starting a youtube channel to help compensate for the very small disability check i recieve every month. I lost my home back in November 2018 and since then i have been renting a room from my cousin. She is a blessing in my life because if i hadn't found a decent place to live my only choice would have been a nursing home and i am not ready for that. The landlord went up on our rent by 33% starting next month so i am going to have to either supplement my income or make a hard decision about a assisted living facility. I am walking without a cane around the house but use a electric wheelchair to get out and about. I feel as if i am in overtime in life. Mist wouldn't have survived the wreck and stroke combo.

Comments

desertrunner: Wishing you the best.

Salty_Aus: Tough break buddy. Hope you keep improving.

IamGreek: Hang in there Buddy

BetCheckBet:

gimmick:

nightmarefish:

Walter Sobchak: Every day is a gift

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokeofluck2020 View Post
    Everything changed in a blink of a eye. While i was in the hospital fighting for my life my x of 12 years was screwing a so called friend or mine. Prior to the stroke i was working a full time job and i worked part time at a friend's BBQ joint. I was bringing in over 2500 a month. Then one morning as i was driving to work everything got blurry and i slammed my car into a guardrail. The wreck might have saved my life as the EMS got there fast and noticed my speech was off. They immediately gave me a shot to reverse the stroke or i probably wouldn't have made it. 3 years ago i became a pappy to my Granddaughter Rosie. I also have another granddaughter on the way due in September. My son and i have become very close. I am unable to find a job that i can physically do so i am considering starting a youtube channel to help compensate for the very small disability check i recieve every month. I lost my home back in November 2018 and since then i have been renting a room from my cousin. She is a blessing in my life because if i hadn't found a decent place to live my only choice would have been a nursing home and i am not ready for that. The landlord went up on our rent by 33% starting next month so i am going to have to either supplement my income or make a hard decision about a assisted living facility. I am walking without a cane around the house but use a electric wheelchair to get out and about. I feel as if i am in overtime in life. Mist wouldn't have survived the wreck and stroke combo.

Cheers UGA glad to see you around! We used to prop together on Absolute Poker and chat on Instant Messenger. Hope all is well my guy

Load Metric
    Gl to you

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    How old are you?

Comments

garrett: lmao split goes right for the jugular =)
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    How old are you?
    he’s not gonna fuck you

Comments

BCR:

splitthis: Stupid

Sloppy Joe: Lulz
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    How old are you?
    he’s not gonna fuck you
    lol heroin addict Willie thinks he's funny

don't think we forgot how you were desperately addicted to pills and heroin that you stole micro amounts of money from friends

lol what a fucking loser

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, unfortunate that you are dealing with these living situation issues, but glad to see you are walking without a cane.

When the stroke first happened and I saw your reports from the hospital, I was honestly wondering if you would be around for much longer. Many stroke victims never recover as much as you have.

For those wondering, I believe UGA is the same age as me (49). If he's not, he's within a year of my age.

BTW not sure if you heard on radio, but Brandon said he'd donate $20 to you as an honorary "5th place freeroll finisher" because you ended up missing the freeroll which he knew you really wanted to play.

BTW, unrelated, but I didn't realize padre33 was around on AP back in the day. If you played against DRUNK DRIVER, DROOLMAN, or ALECTRO, those were all me. (I wasn't multi-accounting, those were on 3 different skins.) Who were you on there, padre?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well, unfortunate that you are dealing with these living situation issues, but glad to see you are walking without a cane.

When the stroke first happened and I saw your reports from the hospital, I was honestly wondering if you would be around for much longer. Many stroke victims never recover as much as you have.

For those wondering, I believe UGA is the same age as me (49). If he's not, he's within a year of my age.

BTW not sure if you heard on radio, but Brandon said he'd donate $20 to you as an honorary "5th place freeroll finisher" because you ended up missing the freeroll which he knew you really wanted to play.

BTW, unrelated, but I didn't realize padre33 was around on AP back in the day. If you played against DRUNK DRIVER, DROOLMAN, or ALECTRO, those were all me. (I wasn't multi-accounting, those were on 3 different skins.) Who were you on there, padre?
    I remember Padre i believe he also had a brother who propped. I will be 49 in june. Yes i heard Brandon say that about the 20.00 which is very much appreciated and needed. The best way to get it to me is via Paypal. The email associated with my paypal is strokesurvivor2018@Gmail.com

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

he’s not gonna fuck you

don't think we forgot how you were desperately addicted to pills and heroin that you stole micro amounts of money from friends

lol what a fucking loser
    never stole from anyone

you are an angry loser obsessively posting on an 8th tier poker forum 24 hours a day
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

lol what a fucking loser
    never stole from anyone

you are an angry loser obsessively posting on an 8th tier poker forum 24 hours a day
    Name:  Screenshot_20210213-213339_Gallery.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  680.1 KB

keep tilting oxyhead

Load Metric
    Best wishes to you buddy, but for old time's sake I have to say:

Motherfucking stroke victim cock

Old school posters will understand.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric
    Do they know what caused the stroke? Blood clot, etc?

Are you on blood thinners?

Good luck with your recovery. Sounds like you have a great attitude..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I was obese and had diabetes and high blood pressure. I am no longer on blood thinners as a matter of fact i am on no meds at all. Thanks for the Good luck. I try to keep a positive attitude because that is who i am. It won't do me any good to be bummed out and depressed. As to my age i will be 49 in june. The day after my stroke the doctor told me that i would never walk again and i have used that as motivation to keep pushing forward and one day i plan on being able to not have to worry about falling again. I haven't fallen in over 2 years but still have some close calls. I am a member of the YMCA and continue to build strength in my left leg. I have no movement in my left arm.

Load Metric

I was obese and had diabetes and high blood pressure. I am no longer on blood thinners as a matter of fact i am on no meds at all. Thanks for the Good luck. I try to keep a positive attitude because that is who i am. It won't do me any good to be bummed out and depressed. As to my age i will be 49 in june. The day after my stroke the doctor told me that i would never walk again and i have used that as motivation to keep pushing forward and one day i plan on being able to not have to worry about falling again. I haven't fallen in over 2 years but still have some close calls. I am a member of the YMCA and continue to build strength in my left leg. I have no movement in my left arm.
    Welcome back, sounds like you have the right attitude.

Reach out to new user and AIDS aficionado mickeycrimm forms one power chair intel
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Sooooooo losing weight eliminated diabetes and hypertension, congrats. It will for most all obese people. Did you smoke cigarettes as well?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Yes i smoked cigarettes

Thread Information