Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where would you go????

Load Metric

Where would you go????

I need a little help. I am looking to go somewhere either end of July or beginning-ish of August. I'd like to find somewhere that's not American territory(but it doesn't have to NOT be). I'd like it to be cheap-ish. Say you are looking at a 1500$ budget for the trip. So, I'm not really talking hotels. I'm talking hostels(but not total shit holes), Bungalows, or some other cheap option. I'd like the trip to be 7ish days. Flying out of PHL and another passenger flying out of ORD.

Does anyone know of any cool spots? El Salvador was a thought. Maybe somewhere in the Cayman's?

Oh, the main thing is this place needs to be beaches. We need beaches. Lots of beaches. Some place very relaxing. Maybe some hiking. Bike riding? Outdoorsy type shit. Places we can be kidnapped are not out of the question(seriously)

If someone comes up with the trip I actually go on I will send 50$ on paypal or Lock or some other way.

TIA

I will send Druff the 50$ on paypal if anyone requires me to before they start taking the time to do any type of research/thought on the matter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    I need a little help. I am looking to go somewhere either end of July or beginning-ish of August. I'd like to find somewhere that's not American territory(but it doesn't have to NOT be). I'd like it to be cheap-ish. Say you are looking at a 1500$ budget for the trip. So, I'm not really talking hotels. I'm talking hostels(but not total shit holes), Bungalows, or some other cheap option. I'd like the trip to be 7ish days. Flying out of PHL and another passenger flying out of ORD.

Does anyone know of any cool spots? El Salvador was a thought. Maybe somewhere in the Cayman's?

Oh, the main thing is this place needs to be beaches. We need beaches. Lots of beaches. Some place very relaxing. Maybe some hiking. Bike riding? Outdoorsy type shit. Places we can be kidnapped are not out of the question(seriously)

If someone comes up with the trip I actually go on I will send 50$ on paypal or Lock or some other way.

TIA
    i don't care but stop by wrigley field and catch the cards crush the cubs with me & petercat, end of july

Load Metric
    I have heard really good things about Nicaragua.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    UPDATE- After further review with the person I am traveling with, cruises are in play. They can be anywhere. Just trying to find a great deal.

Also, how do I get ahold of MWH? If anyone can tell him to find a way to contact me, that'd be awesome

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    UPDATE- After further review with the person I am traveling with, cruises are in play. They can be anywhere. Just trying to find a great deal.

Also, how do I get ahold of MWH? If anyone can tell him to find a way to contact me, that'd be awesome
    Weiss, you can reach MWH through pm on vegaspokerradio.com. I'll shoot him a pm at DD as well.

Load Metric
    are you going with a group of guys, guys and girls or girlfriends? If its a group of guys, a cruise will be awful. Costa Rica is amazing, Tamarindo Bay is a bit touristy but everything you mentioned in the OP is there in abundance as well as a good fun night life. Honduras is very cool as well, some ridiculously nice beaches but it has become a tad dangerous.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    are you going with a group of guys, guys and girls or girlfriends? If its a group of guys, a cruise will be awful. Costa Rica is amazing, Tamarindo Bay is a bit touristy but everything you mentioned in the OP is there in abundance as well as a good fun night life. Honduras is very cool as well, some ridiculously nice beaches but it has become a tad dangerous.

A girl and me. She has never been on a cruise, and I feel like if we did the backpacking type deal/hostels she would spend more time stressing about where were staying. I'd much rather let her have total relaxation and worry free in all aspects. You don't even have to walk anywhere to find a meal if you'd like on a cruise.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    I have heard really good things about Nigeria.
    FYP.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    I have heard really good things about Nigeria.
    FYP.
    I might consider vacationing there myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Yes from what I have read and watched on t.v. Honduras is very dangerous. That is where all the ms-13 gang members are deported back to. If you are not familiar with ms-13 it is probably the most violent gang in the U.S.

Load Metric

A girl and me. She has never been on a cruise, and I feel like if we did the backpacking type deal/hostels she would spend more time stressing about where were staying. I'd much rather let her have total relaxation and worry free in all aspects. You don't even have to walk anywhere to find a meal if you'd like on a cruise.
    I used to date a gal who was a dance captain on a cruise ship, Ive been on maybe 8-10 of them and loved them all. Great getaway with a gal, very romantic and you get super pampered. You looking for recommended places to try and go to? Of all the cruises Ive been on I like the Caribbean islands the most. If you decide to do it make sure you have a stop in St Maarten. I think you can get cruises for relatively cheap now? Tamarindo Bay is still a pretty good stop with a girl, I think its reasonably cheap to travel to, comfortable and you dont have to do the backpack type thing. Another option is the cheesy all inclusive joints in the Mayan, not a lot different than a cruise, great and inexpensive places to take a girl.

Load Metric
    I've been 3 places in Central America that are awesome. Belize is a tiny country of like 200k people. It was a British colony until the 80s, so English is the official language. Roatan is an island that is part of Honduras. It's just gorgeous, and as such is becoming more tourist-y.

But my top recommendation would be Costa Rica. I spent a week there between Christmas and New Years and it was fucking great. You can drink the water. The food is great. The people are great. The only thing that pissed me off is that they don't have street names or addresses. If you go, I'll find the name of the "adventure" place we went. We went horseback riding, whitewater tubing (which would never ever be allowed in America), rappelling in and around a waterfall, and ziplining through the forest canopy. I think the entire day, with lunch, was like $80.

Load Metric

I used to date a gal who was a dance captain on a cruise ship, Ive been on maybe 8-10 of them and loved them all. Great getaway with a gal, very romantic and you get super pampered. You looking for recommended places to try and go to? Of all the cruises Ive been on I like the Caribbean islands the most. If you decide to do it make sure you have a stop in St Maarten. I think you can get cruises for relatively cheap now? Tamarindo Bay is still a pretty good stop with a girl, I think its reasonably cheap to travel to, comfortable and you dont have to do the backpack type thing. Another option is the cheesy all inclusive joints in the Mayan, not a lot different than a cruise, great and inexpensive places to take a girl.

I've been on five. I've done the eastern Caribbean multiple times, and have stayed on the islands themselves different times as well. St Thomas is my favorite. I liked St Maarten alot as well. That's the one with the Dutch and French side, correct? I'd still like to do it again. I'd like to get the Barbados in there if possible as well. Although I've never been to the Cayman Islands, and I know cruises go there a lot as well. So, I am gonna have to look into it

Load Metric

I've been on five. I've done the eastern Caribbean multiple times, and have stayed on the islands themselves different times as well. St Thomas is my favorite. I liked St Maarten alot as well. That's the one with the Dutch and French side, correct? I'd still like to do it again. I'd like to get the Barbados in there if possible as well. Although I've never been to the Cayman Islands, and I know cruises go there a lot as well. So, I am gonna have to look into it
    yeah, St Maarten has the Dutch and French side, St Thomas is terrific as well. I think you could possibly find cruises that have day stops at both places. What cruise line are you thinking? My ex worked on Carnival, thats the only line I've been on and apparently it's the worst, for something that is supposed to be entry level in that style of travelling I was very impressed on every single cruise. the only negative was that it was very family oriented and it seemed to attract a lot of fat black families going nuts in the buffet.

Load Metric

yeah, St Maarten has the Dutch and French side, St Thomas is terrific as well. I think you could possibly find cruises that have day stops at both places. What cruise line are you thinking? My ex worked on Carnival, thats the only line I've been on and apparently it's the worst, for something that is supposed to be entry level in that style of travelling I was very impressed on every single cruise. the only negative was that it was very family oriented and it seemed to attract a lot of fat black families going nuts in the buffet.

Legit lol on that one.

I was thinking Carnival, because I just happened to look at my email and see a bunch of deals they sent me for being a prior customer.

I Was impressed every time as well. I am fascinated by simple things though. If there is better, I can't imagine what they would include. Just give me a piano bar and good food for dinner, and I am set for life.

Anyone have any experience with other cruise lines???

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I've been 3 places in Central America that are awesome. Belize is a tiny country of like 200k people. It was a British colony until the 80s, so English is the official language. Roatan is an island that is part of Honduras. It's just gorgeous, and as such is becoming more tourist-y.

But my top recommendation would be Costa Rica. I spent a week there between Christmas and New Years and it was fucking great. You can drink the water. The food is great. The people are great. The only thing that pissed me off is that they don't have street names or addresses. If you go, I'll find the name of the "adventure" place we went. We went horseback riding, whitewater tubing (which would never ever be allowed in America), rappelling in and around a waterfall, and ziplining through the forest canopy. I think the entire day, with lunch, was like $80.
    Christmas and New Years in Costa Rica is the best. I spent a few weeks in Tamarindo and Langosta a few years ago and it was the best. It was super cheap and for being a third world country, I never felt unsafe. We did a similar package at one of the volcanoes with a zipline tour, hot springs/mud bath, horseback riding, and a half mile waterslide of death. It included lunch and a lift to and from.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Spend a little more and go all inclusive like Jamaica

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

The second one sounds appealing. I will check it out. TY

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Spend a little more and go all inclusive like Jamaica

Been there, so has she. She doesn't want to sit somewhere she's been for a week, but she would be down to go on a cruise to places she's been because at least we will be moving.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Weiss, you can reach MWH through pm on vegaspokerradio.com. I'll shoot him a pm at DD as well.

Thank you Tbags

Thread Information