Thread: What will the Sports Wagering Tout Business Look Like in 3 years?????

Load Metric

What will the Sports Wagering Tout Business Look Like in 3 years?????

So now that Sports wagering is going to become legal and common place is it time to start a sports tout service or will the government regulate this business?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    So now that Sports wagering is going to become legal and common place is it time to start a sports tout service or will the government regulate this business?
    if you start one as soon as sports betting drops, id wager that you might be able to get a year or two outta it until somebody loses their ass and the gobment steps in...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That was one of my first thoughts when the decision to destroy PASPA came down.

We are going to see a big wave of new regular sportsbettors as a result of this (though not right away, as all the interested states need to get it up and going), and as a result we will see lots of scam tout services spring up to eat up their hopes and dreams.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    if you start one as soon as sports betting drops, id wager that you might be able to get a year or two outta it until somebody loses their ass and the gobment steps in...
    Well, sportsbetting will not "drop", but rather show up piece by piece, with each state legalizing it at their own pace.

But yes, I agree with your main point that you can probably make some decent $ with it, and I also agree that the gubbment will step in when the scamming gets out of control.

I've even considered starting one, as I was able to get an entire NBA season under my belt with an overall +EV record (though my second half picks sucked, admittedly), and so far I'm off to a decent start in MLB. But I wouldn't want to actually put one up unless I was at least fairly convinced that I'm a +EV bettor after the juice, and I'm still figuring out whether that's true or not, since I only started taking it more seriously since late 2017.

Load Metric
    Possibly a spin off site : Sports Fraud Alert is over due now Druff? Since you seem to be spending a majority of your time betting sports. Just a thought.

I think the scam capper business will explode . Saturday nights between 2am and 6 am will be loaded with infomercials . Book It

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am actually curious how this is going to look when the smoke clears. I am guessing the vig is going to have to be a lot higher for legal sports betting because of all the extra hands in the cookie jar. Are casual sports bettors that have been betting with 10c and 5c lines for years (and still losing) going to move over to 20c lines (or whatever the vig ends up being)? I don't think I would

Is law enforcement going to crack down on illegal bookies, as local govt's will now be a lot more incentivized to cut down on their own competition?

So many interesting questions, and I am interested in seeing which direction it all goes when the smoke clears.

Load Metric
    Possibly a spin off site : Sports Fraud Alert is over due now Druff? Since you seem to be spending a majority of your time betting sports. Just a thought.

I think the scam capper business will explode . Saturday nights between 2am and 6 am will be loaded with infomercials . Book It
    Interesting, consumer anti fraud standards combined with even the most minimal performance reporting standards should take care of most of them that stick their heads out. Not sure who would enforce against them though. State attorney generals come to mind. Federal consumer protection agency. Perhaps that is where the feds get involved again, regulate standards and protections. That would be a fun law to draft. No way the touts are allowed to run wild in my opinion.

Load Metric
    A scam tout business can't boom if it's already booming.

Load Metric
    Can someone put Druff’s head on my avatar.

Changing the phone number would be a sweet bonus.

TIA

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: GOLD, JERRY, GOLD! Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Can someone put Druff’s head on my avatar.

Changing the phone number would be a sweet bonus.

TIA
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 180
Size:  2.82 MB

Load Metric
    <--- "LOCK"

Comments

Sanlmar: gods work

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    <--- "LOCK"
    Let me know if you are gonna squat this. Otherwise I’ll plug it in

The day I joined PFA the late great Lewfather hazed me mercilously for a couple of hours. Somewhere along the line Stu Feiner came up and my avatar was decided for me.

Never changed it out of fear and respect.

Somewhere out there he is nodding approvingly of this revision.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    <--- "LOCK"
    Let me know if you are gonna squat this. Otherwise I’ll plug it in

The day I joined PFA the late great Lewfather hazed me mercilously for a couple of hours. Somewhere along the line Stu Feiner came up and my avatar was decided for me.

Never changed it out of fear and respect.

Somewhere out there he is nodding approvingly of this revision.
    I have changed mine back to hair tonic; you are the rightful owner of all Stu Feiner tout paraphernalia.

Load Metric
    By the way, although I lightly troll Druff from time to time, I think he ***potentially*** could have a winning system with some of his sportsbetting. I don't know if he should try to sell the picks, but if he did, it would be a sports bet selector type service. NOT a true tout service. Druff could never be a true tout as true touts are slimy scammers. I also agree that sports selector services and touts both look to increase business some with what is going on with the states / sportsbetting.

Thread Information