Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Watkinson's chimps run wild in streets

Load Metric

Lee Watkinson's chimps run wild in streets

The chimps in this big news story belong to Lee Watkinson and his girlfriend/wife Timmi. He's in the video.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/us/nev...html?hpt=hp_t2

Load Metric
    Lee is such a good guy, feel bad for him.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Who is Lee Watkinson (the golfer?) and why exactly should we fell sorry for him?

Dude was harvesting dangerous animals that could have killed somebody.

Does anyone remember that story with that crazy lady who harvested an ape that went nuts and mauled her friend and ate her limbs and face a few yeara ago?

Whatever ever happened to just owning a dog?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    Who is Lee Watkinson (the golfer?) and why exactly should we fell sorry for him?

Does anyone remember that story with that crazy lady who harvested an ape that went nuts and mauled her friend and ate her limbs and face a few yeara ago?

They rescued the chimps years ago. This isn't a case of him breeding cobras for profit. Lee is wel-known in poker and is an all-around good guy, that's why "I" feel sorry for him.

Load Metric
    Yeah, he is a cool guy and they don't seem to have fucked up in any way - it just seems like it was one of those things. I feel bad for him too. I just couldn't believe it was him when I saw the story.

Load Metric
    Any time I hear the word chimps I think of boris. RIP(in my mind)

Banned
    Load Metric
    Check out his high stakes living video, lives next door to Floyd mayweather. Wife is annoying as all hell though.

Load Metric
    chimpout ending partnership with micon was the begining of the end.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

They rescued the chimps years ago. This isn't a case of him breeding cobras for profit. Lee is wel-known in poker and is an all-around good guy, that's why "I" feel sorry for him.
    How can you rescue a pair of chimps? I just find it really strange someone would build a chimp farm. What was the resuce factor for the chimps anyway? They were locked in a cage in 110 degree heat. No wonder they broke out.

Load Metric

How can you rescue a pair of chimps? I just find it really strange someone would build a chimp farm. What was the resuce factor for the chimps anyway? They were locked in a cage in 110 degree heat. No wonder they broke out.
    "Lee is a humanitarian, working with the Cortland Brandenburg Foundation to rescue retired chimpanzee test subjects" Wikipedia

Skip to 1:58

Load Metric
    Oh and for a serious response the below is a very good movie.

Bronze
    Load Metric

"Lee is a humanitarian, working with the Cortland Brandenburg Foundation to rescue retired chimpanzee test subjects" Wikipedia

I noticed you left out explaining the chip rescue and the Full Tilt fundraiser helping the chimps. Did you get that?

Sorry dude, any dude that cages wild animals in their backyard needs some type of therapy. I mean, give me a fucking break, you are harversting chimps in your backyard. Why on earth would you fell sorry for a guy whose chimp was killed potentially going on a killing spree?

Load Metric

I noticed you left out explaining the chip rescue and the Full Tilt fundraiser helping the chimps. Did you get that?

Sorry dude, any dude that cages wild animals in their backyard needs some type of therapy. I mean, give me a fucking break, you are harversting chimps in your backyard. Why on earth would you fell sorry for a guy whose chimp was killed potentially going on a killing spree?
    You're right Lee Watkinson's affiliation with Full Tilt Poekr was all a big scam to steal player funds for some shell charity claiming to help chimps??!?!?!?!

Since you know nothing about Watkinson --where he keeps the chimps and that in fact they are not pets-- I'm not even going to try to explain why I feel sorry for him.

Bronze
    Load Metric

You're right Lee Watkinson's affiliation with Full Tilt Poekr was all a big scam to steal player funds for some shell charity claiming to help chimps??!?!?!?!

Since you know nothing about Watkinson --where he keeps the chimps and that in fact they are not pets-- I'm not even going to try to explain why I feel sorry for him.
    1) YOU posted a video validating your point about Lee and Chimps, with Lee stickered up with Full Tilt and talking about the Chimp Charity Drive via Full Tilt (1:59)

2) I don't care where anyone puts the chimps. Harvesting Chimps in a cage in 110 heat is just fucking really fucking wierd. Owning them is more strange.

The fact you feel sorry for the dude that had a derpessed chimp wanting to eat people in 100 degree heat with no leaf cover is equally odd. I get the fact if this was in the Sudan dude. But it is the desert

Oh well, free country.

Note: I have no idea is Sudan houses chimps. Somewhere in Africa does.

Load Metric
    Riboflavin is right. That chimp botherer is a fucking cunt.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

Did you even read the article, stupid?

He is not harvesting chimps, ffs, he has professionals that look after them.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

1) YOU posted a video validating your point about Lee and Chimps, with Lee stickered up with Full Tilt and talking about the Chimp Charity Drive via Full Tilt (1:59)

2) I don't care where anyone puts the chimps. Harvesting Chimps in a cage in 110 heat is just fucking really fucking wierd. Owning them is more strange.

The fact you feel sorry for the dude that had a derpessed chimp wanting to eat people in 100 degree heat with no leaf cover is equally odd. I get the fact if this was in the Sudan dude. But it is the desert

Oh well, free country.

Note: I have no idea is Sudan houses chimps. Somewhere in Africa does.
    Yeah man, they should have left the apes in a cool climate like Africa.

I also love how you say "depressed chimp wanting to eat people". Tell us more about these apes and their feelings please.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

So he sprayed around a few grand from Full Tilt to lock some chimps in a steel cage in desert heat. What a great fucking dude.

My point was Steve O said he felt sorry for the guy. Give me a fucking break.

I admire the chimp. I am sure he said to his chimp girfriend that he was going out like a male chimp and streak down the highway he stared at for years. He wanted his 10 minutes of freedom, and got shot down like a proud caged chimp should go down.

The only one I feel sorry for is his girlfriend. Now she has nothing to do except dream while zoo gawkers stare at her.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

So he sprayed around a few grand from Full Tilt to lock some chimps in a steel cage in desert heat. What a great fucking dude.

My point was Steve O said he felt sorry for the guy. Give me a fucking break.

I admire the chimp. I am sure he said to his chimp girfriend that he was going out like a male chimp and streak down the highway he stared at for years. He wanted his 10 minutes of freedom, and got shot down like a proud caged chimp should go down.

The only one I feel sorry for is his girlfriend. Now she has nothing to do except dream while zoo gawkers stare at her.
    Maybe if you didn't talk out of your ass you wouldn't look like an asshole.

He used $100,000 of his own money from the 2007 or 2008 Main Event to rescue the chimps and build the enclosure. He was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars because the Chimps were in captivity and cannot be released back into the wild. They both cared for and loved the chimps.

Yes I feel sorry for him, just as I would feel sorry for someone who lost a loyal dog. Not only that but he has to deal with all of this BS second-guessing of what he was doing with the chimps from people like you. Like he isn't already second-guessing every decision along the way, along comes someone who knows nothing about the situation and thinks the chimp wanted his freedom which it can never have because of what happened to it before Lee and Timmi rescued them. He was making the best of a terrible situation for these animals, and you act like he should have just flown them back to Africa and let em loose.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Thread Information