Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio delayed again due to ongoing cold -- here is the schedule for May, June, and early July

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Radio delayed again due to ongoing cold -- here is the schedule for May, June, and early July

This is a really frustrating cold, in that it just won't get better. As far as my colds go, the symptoms are only about average, but it's very slow to improve. I was pretty sure I'd miss last week, but I'm surprised at how I still have major symptoms today, despite the cold appearing on April 28.

Unrelated, I agreed with cmoney awhile back to have a May 20 show while he's flying, and then of course there's the WSOP coming up for me starting May 31.

So here's the radio schedule for May, June, and early July:

Friday, May 12 at 9pm PDT (replaces this week's Wednesday show)
    Sunday, May 20 at 5pm PDT (big freeroll planned, courtesy of cmoney)
    Sunday, May 27 at 8:30pm PDT
    Wednesday, June 6 at 8:00pm PDT
    Tuesday, June 19 at 6:00pm PDT
    Tuesday, June 26 at 8:00pm PDT*
    Wednesday, July 4 at 6:00pm PDT
    Sunday, July 8 at 8:00pm PDT

NOTE: May 11 show will only take place if my cold is finally better by then. However, I will a makeup show within a few days if I miss it.

NOTE: June 26 show will only take place if I am out of the event from earlier that day.

Comments

sah_24: get better soon Druff, miss that FRAUUUD SHOWWWWW

Sloppy Joe: Shout out to that immune system

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is a really frustrating cold, in that it just won't get better. As far as my colds go, the symptoms are only about average, but it's very slow to improve. I was pretty sure I'd miss last week, but I'm surprised at how I still have major symptoms today, despite the cold appearing on April 28.

Unrelated, I agreed with cmoney awhile back to have a May 20 show while he's flying, and then of course there's the WSOP coming up for me starting May 31.

So here's the radio schedule for May, June, and early July:

Friday, May 11 at 9pm PDT (replaces this week's Wednesday show)
    Sunday, May 20 at 5pm PDT (big freeroll planned, courtesy of cmoney)
    Sunday, May 27 at 8:30pm PDT
    Wednesday, June 6 at 8:00pm PDT
    Tuesday, June 19 at 6:00pm PDT
    Tuesday, June 26 at 8:00pm PDT*
    Wednesday, July 4 at 6:00pm PDT
    Sunday, July 8 at 8:00pm PDT

NOTE: May 11 show will only take place if my cold is finally better by then. However, I will a makeup show within a few days if I miss it.

NOTE: June 26 show will only take place if I am out of the event from earlier that day.
    The feed a cold starve a fever trick is a legit Towelist Rule from the Old Planet of Original Countries. I heard that the first Towelist was Jewish and never ever got sick. Not sure if that is just a rumor.

Good Luck on the show. Try to rethink Crypto. BTC about to dive for a minute and good time for savvy autistic nerds everywhere to redeem points for prizes.

Alec Toreli is not neato. He is stinko.

Pete Yorn - Music For the Morning After - helps me to beat poker games. Especially gin games that require no talking.

I am a paper towel and i am not sure how i learned how to type on this machine.

Peace

LPT

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You will forever be known as 'sicknote' to me moving forward.

Over the years you do seem to struggle with colds and illness and it seems to be getting worse, does this mean by abut 2013 we will be limited to about 5 radio shows / year ?

Anyway, I miss the radio so get well soon

All the best

Load Metric
    You had to know this was coming when you mentioned that you hadn't been sick this year.

Load Metric
    July 4?

Anyway get better soon Druff.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Cold? Really?

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  16.0 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  Fresh-Chicken-Soup.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  79.1 KB

A bowl of Jewish Penicillin is all you need.

Load Metric
    During Sweeps?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Saying a prayer for you Todd. Does anyone know if it will still work if I pray in Christian?
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Druff, I’m sure that PFA members would approve of you using some of the temporary excess cash on hand that you collect for the freeroll to purchase some Cold-Eeze. Unlike Vitamin C-laden products, zinc-based cold lozenges have been scientifically shown to shorten the durations of colds. Apparently, rhinovirus doesn’t flourish as well in a zinc-coated environment.

Name:  6CF5EDF7-8FF0-4A3A-AFED-00FC12EB4FB0.jpeg
Views: 440
Size:  56.1 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Go to the doctor.
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hmm.. I will look into Cold-Eeze to see if it's really what they claim it to be.

The problem is that my colds have an incredibly high variance. They range from extremely mild, to where I barely see symptoms and it's gone within 2-3 days, all the way to horrible versions like the one I had a year ago, which featured extreme congestion, bad body aches, extreme fatigue, and took over 2 weeks for the symptoms to peak (and lasted 3.5 weeks total).

This one has seen a lot of congestion, but the other symptoms have been short-lived or nonexistent. However, it's progressing very slowly, which is annoying.

Since 2010, I have had an increase in the number of colds lasting 2 or more weeks, so something which can shorten the length would be helpful.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Last summer when I had my family trip to Canada coming up, I was concerned because I had just caught a cold, and I also was dealing with back spasms, which was a first for me.

I thought that these two problems were going to make me miserable throughout the entire 2 weeks.

However, the cold ended up being mild and went away quickly, and the back spams peaked on day 2 of the trip before disappearing entirely. So neither of these were much of an issue.

Instead, I was dogged by a bad reaction to bug bites, including that one which was really weird and I posted out here. Sometimes it's what you don't expect that gets you.

This year I am going to use one of those strong DEET sprays when necessary, which isn't the healthiest thing to use, but it my situation t's justified.

Load Metric
    just a suggestion...

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 384
Size:  7.8 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cold came from Benjamin, btw.

He got it about 1 day ahead of me, and hadn't shown symptoms yet. We shared a water bottle, and that was that.

His cold passed quickly and the symptoms were only minor, though (mainly a cough).

Load Metric
    Hmm.. I will look into Cold-Eeze to see if it's really what they claim it to be.

The problem is that my colds have an incredibly high variance. They range from extremely mild, to where I barely see symptoms and it's gone within 2-3 days, all the way to horrible versions like the one I had a year ago, which featured extreme congestion, bad body aches, extreme fatigue, and took over 2 weeks for the symptoms to peak (and lasted 3.5 weeks total).

This one has seen a lot of congestion, but the other symptoms have been short-lived or nonexistent. However, it's progressing very slowly, which is annoying.

Since 2010, I have had an increase in the number of colds lasting 2 or more weeks, so something which can shorten the length would be helpful.
    The 2-3 day things sound like colds. The multi-week affairs with the bad body aches and extreme fatigue sound like the flu. The extreme fatigue with the flu is apparentky partly due to the virus reducing the effectiveness of the lungs at the air sac level to expand and contract, thereby reducing their exchange of oxygen and CO2. That usually leads to congestion in the lungs in the form of retaining more fluids. People with normally reduced lung function (old folks, people with COPD) are more susceptible to get pneumonia from a bad case of the flu given that further reduced lung function.... But I’m rambling...
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I’m not a user of Cold eeze, but the people who swear by it all say the key is to take it real early when you feel it may be coming on. Don’t know how effective it would be 10 days in.

Silver
    Load Metric
    When you feel you're coming down with a cold,

Eat a whole raw onion mixed up with something like a tin of tuna.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Think it's supppsed to be onion w/ can of sardines
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m not a user of Cold eeze, but the people who swear by it all say the key is to take it real early when you feel it may be coming on. Don’t know how effective it would be 10 days in.
    Actually, I’ve heard that, too, but was hoping that the placebo effect would help Druff think that it would help. Because...

Name:  8EB2D276-B2C9-4036-BAB9-F755702B4022.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  84.4 KB

Comments

jacosta24: Dead alive rep
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 05-10-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It’s the onion, you have to mix it with something you can swallow .

Sardines tuna whatever.

I tried it a year ago before I flew to Spain, and fuck me, it was 90 % better in the morning.

Im guessing a lot of us get these Druff colds /flu symptoms but when you are self employed, unless you are rich, you get up feeling shit , sweat it out at work, then by mid afternoon you feel terrible again .

Rinse and repeat till it’s gone .

I’m not knocking Todd at all, he likes doing radio but if he feels shit why spend 6+ hours doing it ?
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Thread Information