Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2018 WSOP Thread - *SOLD OUT*

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    New for this year: I am not selling any $10k events. I will be playing three, but they will not be part of this package. I am doing this in order to keep this package more "recreational" -- where nobody will lose too much money, regardless of how the WSOP goes for me.
    This seems VERY carefully worded. Are you truly not selling the $10k events or just not allowing the PFA crew in on the potential windfall they bring? $30,000 of your own money?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDruff
    New for this year: I am not selling any $10k events. I will be playing three, but they will not be part of this package. I am doing this in order to keep this package more "recreational" -- where nobody will lose too much money, regardless of how the WSOP goes for me.
    This seems VERY carefully worded. Are you truly not selling the $10k events or just not allowing the PFA crew in on the potential windfall they bring? $30,000 of your own money?
    There isn't a windfall.

I never sell the Main, and the other two $10k events will pay less for first than most of the other events I'm playing. The advantage to the $10k events is that the chance of a bracelet is higher, due to the smaller field.

I am not selling any of the $10k events this year. That's all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not selling on PFA or not selling at all? Seems like a dance and I'm just trying to clarify. You're obviously not required to answer

Comments

handicapme: Why not instead of talking shit you go learn how to play poker and stop shoving with 5/3os
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Not selling on PFA or not selling at all? Seems like a dance and I'm just trying to clarify. You're obviously not required to answer
    When everyone else at the WSOP reveals their full sources of funding for the $10k+ events they play, I will post a full clarification here.

I posted the events I am selling here, made everything very clear, collected the money, and will pay out honestly and fairly for any cashes I have.

There's no reason I need to discuss what I'm doing with the other 3 events I'm playing, and there's various reasons why that's better left unstated in a public forum. That's my own private business and I'm not discussing it further. End of story.

Load Metric

When everyone else at the WSOP reveals their full sources of funding for the $10k+ events they play, I will post a full clarification here.

I posted the events I am selling here, made everything very clear, collected the money, and will pay out honestly and fairly for any cashes I have.

There's no reason I need to discuss what I'm doing with the other 3 events I'm playing, and there's various reasons why that's better left unstated in a public forum. That's my own private business and I'm not discussing it further. End of story.
    Forgive me for a moment. I’m just having a hard time deciding why the beacon of integrity and pied piper of the righteous men is being so sinful ITT. You stated clearly and bluntly “I’m not selling the $10k events this year. That is all.” But you clearly are. So why the deception? What’s to gain? Why not say “i sold whatever I was comfortable selling. I won’t be offering that here.”? I 100% don’t think you are scamming anyone. I’m seriously confused by your tactics. You yourself admitted months ago you potentially had a deal for the $10k’s. So why STRONGLY imply, hell essentially say, you aren’t selling them?

Play satellites into $10k’s that you’re already backed in and paying out cash equivalents seems odd on the surface also. Again not necessarily shady, just odd. Like wouldn’t any backer putting up $10k obviously agree to pay for a $500 satellite?
    Last edited by jsearles22; 05-21-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Forgive me for a moment. I’m just having a hard time deciding why the beacon of integrity and pied piper of the righteous men is being so sinful ITT. You stated clearly and bluntly “I’m not selling the $10k events this year. That is all.” But you clearly are. So why the deception? What’s to gain? Why not say “i sold whatever I was comfortable selling. I won’t be offering that here.”? I 100% don’t think you are scamming anyone. I’m seriously confused by your tactics. You yourself admitted months ago you potentially had a deal for the $10k’s. So why STRONGLY imply, hell essentially say, you aren’t selling them?

Play satellites into $10k’s that you’re already backed in and paying out cash equivalents seems odd on the surface also. Again not necessarily shady, just odd. Like wouldn’t any backer putting up $10k obviously agree to pay for a $500 satellite?
    I'll answer this, and then I'm kicking you out of the thread, because otherwise you'll never shut up.

I am offering these pieces because the community enjoys it. Could I have found a backer to have bought the entire 40% I'm selling of these $16,700 worth of events at 1.2 markup? Yes. In fact, I know several who would have done it -- mainly because they have money, trust me, and enjoy the sweat. I also could have easily entered all of these on my own with no backers/investors.

But I chose to offer this package in 0.5%-4% increments because many in the community (especially radio listeners) enjoy it, and I didn't want to shut them out.

What I do with the $10k events -- whether it's all on my own dime or done through a backer -- is none of anyone's business. The only answer I'll give is, "Whatever you think is going on with that, it's probably not correct." Just because I'm selling some events doesn't mean I owe everyone an answer as to how I'm buying into other events outside of the package.

I will treat this package exactly as stated. I am only selling 40% of these events (as outlined in the original post), and am putting up the rest of the money myself. I will pay out 40% of whatever I cash to the various backers who bought in. I will play all events as described, and will refund people in full for whichever ones I miss due to conflicts or illness. That's all that matters here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The package is SOLD OUT.

Apologies to those who did not get a piece. I will probably sell something similar next year, so you will have a chance then.

Thank you to all who bought pieces, and I hope we have lots of exciting moments in this year's WSOP.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Updated May 21 4pm PDT

Shares owned:
    Reno 2
    CarlB 8
    john stamos 1
    nerakil 1
    handicapme 8
    handicapme's girlfriend 2
    442xx 1
    Pooh 4
    mulhs82 1
    NorCal Sports 1
    Vintage_One 4
    DutchDodo 2
    Jordan Cook 2
    belly buster 3
    tradershky 6
    MrTickle 1
    50Cinquanta 1
    tigerpiper 2
    AU 2
    1marley1 2
    mdj1980 2
    MD 8
    BW 1
    JJ 2
    SN 2
    Call_Station 1
    The Shrink 1
    Winona86 1
    Dicepops 2
    VALORCAT 2
    Angelface 2

Number of paid shares: 78
    Reserved shares: 2

** SOLD OUT **
    Any chance I could get an advance on my winnings? I need to play a PLO8 tourney on ACR this weekend. ktxbye

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    1 event played ($1500 O8), 1 cash in the books for $3526.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Add another small cash to the pile.

$2456 for cashing $1500 NL Holdem Big Blind Ante (event #13)

So far my only brick has been the $1100 O8 satellite

Load Metric
    3526+2456=5982

0.5% of 5982 is 29.91

So so far, we're getting 29.91 back per share.

Is my maths correct?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    3526+2456=5982

0.5% of 5982 is 29.91

So so far, we're getting 29.91 back per share.

Is my maths correct?
    Yes, correct.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Mixed Omaha event had a re-entry which I didn't know about.

After getting it in good on Level 3 and getting sucked out on by a horrible flop call, I was out. At that point, my only choices were to either forego re-entering or re-enter on my own dime, separate from this stake.

I decided to re-enter on my own dime. I apologize for not noticing this when I set up this package, or otherwise I would have made a re-entry part of it. Next year I'll do that.

Anyway, it looked like I was going to cash on this second bullet, but I took a horrible 4-outer on the river for a 51k pot on Day 2, and didn't cash the second bullet, either.

So you guys are actually fortunate you weren't part of that re-entry buyin.

I also missed the $1000 Double Stack NL event because I made Day 2 of the Mixed Omaha, so you guys will get a refund on that one ($6 per share).

As I'm typing this right now, everyone is owed $35.91 per share, with many events yet to be played.

Tomorrow I am playing $1500 NL at 11am.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Furthermore, I noticed that $1500 PLO8, on June 26, also has a re-entry.

Again, I might be re-entering if I bust early and I like the event.

Since that re-entry is not part of the stake, either, but we have 9 days to flesh this out, I am giving all current investors an opportunity to get in on a potential second bullet.

Please LET ME KNOW if you would like $9/share allocated from your current $35.91/share payout to cover an equal amount on the second bullet (for the PLO8 event).

If you let me know in advance, I will do that for you, and you will own the same piece of the second bullet as you do the first. So let's say you give permission, and you currently own 3% of my action, then you would also have 3% of the second bullet of that event, and your payout per share would be decreased by $9 in order to pay for it. Of course, if I don't fire a second bullet, or if I miss the event entirely (which would happen if I make Day 2 of the $10k Limit Holdem), then this would all be reversed.

So please let me know either here, or PM, or via text.

I will assume everyone as a default of NO unless they say otherwise.

This is ONLY open to existing investors, and you may ONLY buy an equivalent amount to what you already have for the first bullet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Vintage_One just said YES

Load Metric
    YESSIR!

Load Metric
    Yes

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric