Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2018 WSOP Thread - *SOLD OUT*

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2018 WSOP Thread - *SOLD OUT*

It's time for the WSOP, and I have again decided to sell pieces of the events I am playing.

Apologies for the late availability of this one, as I was considering simply keeping 100% of myself for this year, and finally made the decision to offer all of the $3k-or-less buyin events I'll be playing.

Before we get started, here are a few things to consider:

- I am doing this both to reduce variance and to give the PFA community a way to experience some of the excitement of the WSOP without actually attending. However, I would play all of these tournaments with or without any pieces being bought of me.

- I am not promoting this as a great investment opportunity. It's not. It's simply a chance for you to be able to have fun rooting for a WSOP player you know (me), while being financially invested in his results.

- The biggest advantage you get by buying pieces of me is that you know I am 100% reliable. There is zero chance you will get stiffed if I cash, and zero chance I will take your money and run and/or fake playing the events. In addition, as I don't drink or do drugs, you will be assured that I will be playing all of these events in a proper mental and physical state.

- Another big advantage is that I will FREQUENTLY update my chip counts and other tournament info via my "chips" Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanDruffPoker .... so you'll feel like you're actually there.

- This is a straight-up "buy a piece" deal. If you buy pieces of my events and lose, there is no "makeup". The money is gone forever.

- If you finish with a net profit of $600 or more, I will need to send you tax forms. That will require me having your full name, address, and social security number. If you don't feel comfortable with that, I suggest you don't buy any pieces of me. Of course, I will keep all information in the strictest confidence, and will only ask for it if I need to issue you a tax form.

- This includes two satellites, but they will be treated as cash events. Whatever I win in tournament lammers will be converted to cash at full value, and you will get the corresponding percentage payout. So if I get the best result of $10,100, you will receive $50.50 for each share you have in me. You will NOT get a piece of a future event because I won a satellite, however.

Okay, now that I've gotten that stuff out of the way, let's get to the details...

New for this year: I am not selling any $10k events. I will be playing three, but they will not be part of this package. I am doing this in order to keep this package more "recreational" -- where nobody will lose too much money, regardless of how the WSOP goes for me.

Here are the events for sale:

May 31 3pm Event #4: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better
    June 2 8pm Mega Satellite: $1,100 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better -- can win maximum of $10,100
    June 5 11am Event #13: $1,500 Big Blind Antes No-Limit Hold'em
    June 16 3pm Event #35: Mixed $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better; Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better; Big O (5-Card PLO/8)
    June 17 11am Event #34B: $1,000 DOUBLE STACK No-Limit Hold'em*
    June 18 11am Event #37: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em*
    June 20 11am Event #41: $1,500 Limit Hold'em
    June 24 8pm Mega Satellite: $1,100 Limit Holdem - can win maximum of $10,100
    June 26 11am: Event #53: $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better (one re-entry)***
    July 5 3pm: Event #66: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em**
    July 9 3pm: Event #70: $3,000 Limit Hold'em 6-Handed**

These encompass all events I plan to play, with the exception of the $10k Omaha 8 or Better, the $10k Limit Holdem, and the $10k Main Event. Those three are NOT for sale (please do not ask).

* indicates that I will miss the event if I make Day 2 of the previous event.
    ** indicates that I will miss the event if I am still "alive" in the WSOP Main Event.
    *** indicates that I will miss the event if I make Day 2 of the $10k Limit Holdem event

Both packages are being sold at 19.76% markup. I am no longer giving discounts for previous years' buyers.

The total buyin for the above is $16,700.

I will be selling 80 shares of the above packages, at a rate of 19.76% markup. Each "share" gets you 0.5% of my TOTAL cashes for the above events.

This means that each share is an even $100.

You may only buy a maximum of 8 shares of me, meaning you will own a maximum of 4% of my action.

Once I get to 80 shares sold (40%), I am closing it.

If it seems there isn't enough interest to get me up to 40%, at that point I will open it up for people with 4% to buy more if they want.

If I miss any events, you will get a FULL REFUND, INCLUDING MARKUP for those unplayed events.

If I owe you money and you were waiting to use it to buy pieces of me, please PM me with the details (including the date of our last PM or e-mail discussing it), and I will look into it.

I will be using the free site tastystakes.com to list/manage the pieces of the events I'm selling. However, this will NOT affect the way you pay me. You will be sending all payments to me directly. Tastystakes will simply be used for record-keeping. I will be posting the link to that shortly.

I accept the following payments: Bitcoin, bank transfer (PM me for bank info), Zelle, cash-in-envelope (no refund if it gets lost in the mail), and one "other" method (PM for info).

Unless I know you really well, I can't "hold" pieces for you until I actually have your money in hand. It's first come, first served.

Feel free to post any questions.

Please do NOT clutter this thread with trolling, nonsense, or debates whether or not my markup is a good value. If you wish to make such commentary, feel free to start a different thread. This thread is only for direct discussion of people interested in buying WSOP pieces.

Comments

zealanddonk: Druff but fair regarding the satties to the 10k games

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some facts:

- I have cashed in every single WSOP since I first entered in 2005. This includes several years where I played fewer than 10 events total.

- I am the 12th biggest casher ALL TIME at Limit Holdem in WSOP history.

- I have been the chip leader in Mid-Day-1 or later in the $1500 Limit Holdem for just about every single one of the past 8 WSOPs. Last year I was the stone bubble boy of the event. The prior year, I was chipleader with 42 left, but finished 40th (seriously).

- While it's been awhile since I had a large NL event cash, I have come fairly close to some big hits, including 2015 where I was 3-outed on the river in a huge pot with 40 people left.

- I have over a decade of experience playing at the WSOP, and have racked up close to $750k worth of cashes (despite entering relatively few large buyin events). I have a very good feel for the format, the field, the player types, the length of play, the venue, etc.

- It is very important to me to do my best at these events. I always show up well rested, and will only play when feeling healthy. Also, I don't NEED this money to enter the events, and you know 100% that I won't cheat you in any way. I have a stellar, 100% track record of honesty and integrity in the poker community in my 18 years as part of it.

- I provide you with frequent, detailed updates of the action via my Twitter (which auto-post to this forum, as well). I also post recaps of each day (provided I make it semi-deep), as well as previews of Day 2s and beyond. When you follow my action, you feel like you're sitting right there with me.

- I have played a good deal of O8 and PLO8 in the past year, and should be competitive at those events.

- Due to a sharp reduction in Caesars Seven Stars benefits in 2018, my expenses to attend the WSOP (hotel, food, etc) have substantially increased. However, I am not passing on any of these costs to you, and will shoulder these costs myself. The markup this year is the same as (actually a tiny bit less than) previous years.

---------------------------------------

The bottom line is that you will be doing this for ENTERTAINMENT. If you can't make it to the WSOP, and if you want to have a piece of a reliable, experienced player, who will update his progress very frequently, then this is a great spot for you.

If you're looking for a highly +EV money making opportunity, then you should look elsewhere.

Why am I selling pieces? Because I don't play tournaments often, and I like to soften the variance. I also enjoy knowing that members of this community are following along and have something to root for.

Is the markup fair? I don't know. 20% is a typical markup from what I've seen for years by viewing others' deals. Some people offer lower markup, usually when they are broke and HAVE to sell pieces in order to play. Others are delusional and sell pieces at 30%-40% markup. I don't want to do that either, even if people would buy it at that rate. Again, this is being sold for entertainment, and not being promoted as a way for you to get rich.

Post all questions in this thread.

Do NOT post that you're "reserving" a piece, as that is meaningless. Nothing is reserved until I get your money.

Do NOT start debates about markup rates or the events I've chosen to play. Those are both set in stone, and this thread is not for that purpose.

Do NOT troll me or anyone else in this thread. Anyone doing so will have their messages deleted, and they will be banned from the thread permanently.

Thanks, and I look forward to playing this year!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Six investors from 2017 either told me to roll their payouts into 2018, or did not respond to my messages asking for a way to pay them.

Here they are:

Pooh $180.60 - DID NOT RESPOND
    442xx $45.15 - DID NOT RESPOND
    CarlB $361.22 - ROLL TO 2018
    john stamos $90.30 - ROLL TO 2018
    NorCalSports $90.30 - DID NOT RESPOND
    Vintage_One $180.61 - DID NOT RESPOND

Therefore, CarlB has 3 shares already, and will have a 4th if he sends another $38.78.

john stamos has 1 share if he sends $9.70.

I will be contacting the other four again and asking what they want to do.

So at the moment, we can assume that there are 76 shares remaining.

UPDATE 5/7: All of these people have instructed to roll to 2018

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tastystakes listing: https://tastystakes.com/packages/tod...uff-1525594890

Tastystakes is being used for record keeping purposes only. You do not need to sign up there, and I will enter your piece on my own. But you can go there to keep track of what's happening.

It is khalwat's site, by the way.

Load Metric
    4% for me & 1% for my gf. Also first rights on any unsold shares plz! PM paypal addy to send the 1k plz.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'll take 2 shares = 1% = $200 via bitcoin. Please PM me the BTC address.

Cheers and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Six investors from 2017 either told me to roll their payouts into 2018, or did not respond to my messages asking for a way to pay them.

Here they are:

Pooh $180.60 - DID NOT RESPOND
    442xx $45.15 - DID NOT RESPOND
    CarlB $361.22 - ROLL TO 2018
    john stamos $90.30 - ROLL TO 2018
    NorCalSports $90.30 - DID NOT RESPOND
    Vintage_One $180.61 - DID NOT RESPOND

Therefore, CarlB has 3 shares already, and will have a 4th if he sends another $38.78.

john stamos has 1 share if he sends $9.70.

I will be contacting the other four again and asking what they want to do.

So at the moment, we can assume that there are 76 shares remaining.

Thanks Todd, yes I will send you $9.70 to obtain 1 share this year. I'll send it today via an electronic payment system. Thanks for contacting me. Good luck this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    2 shares for 1%. PM payment instructs

Load Metric
    1 share please, PM me instructions

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Updated May 21 4pm PDT

Shares owned:
    Reno 2
    CarlB 8
    john stamos 1
    nerakil 1
    handicapme 8
    handicapme's girlfriend 2
    442xx 1
    Pooh 4
    mulhs82 1
    NorCal Sports 1
    Vintage_One 4
    DutchDodo 2
    Jordan C 2
    belly buster 3
    tradershky 6
    MrTickle 1
    50Cinquanta 1
    tigerpiper 2
    AU 2
    1marley1 2
    mdj1980 2
    MD 8
    BW 1
    JJ 2
    SN 2
    Call_Station 1
    The Shrink 1
    Winona86 1
    Dicepops 2
    VALORCAT 2
    Angelface 2
    khalwat 2
    gavinci 2

Number of paid shares: 82

** SOLD OUT **

Load Metric
    Gimme the four shares. PM me what I owe and a place to mail a check.

Load Metric
    One share, please use $100.00 winnings from 2/21/2018 Radio Donkament.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    One share, please use $100.00 winnings from 2/21/2018 Radio Donkament.
    DONE

Thanks

Updated master list, too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There may be an excess of shares left over this year, due to 2 factors:

1) It was opened for sale so late

2) I missed radio on the week I planned to announce it, and then delayed the following week by 3 days.

So if it seems like I have a lot of shares left, I will open it up to buy more than 4% for whoever wants it.

Right now 45 shares (22.5% of my action) remain unsold.

Load Metric
    2 shares. Like last year? $200 per PayPal...PM me your PayPal info.

Thanks.
    Pops

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Please reserve me one share. PM details. Thanks

Bronze
    Load Metric
    2 shares please. PM me the details for bank transfer or Paypal, either is fine for me. Thanks.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I’m taking one share for $100

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    *** SUSPENDING NEW SHARE PURCHASE FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS (unless you've already posted here or entered on Tastystakes) ***

I've held pieces for everyone who has posted in this thread, as well as anyone who reserved on Tastystakes.

I said I wouldn't hold anything, but I'm being nice and giving everyone a chance to pay who showed interest.

I will release the unpaid shares within a few days, if there are any.

Right now I'm almost sold out if everyone pays who has indicated interest.

Load Metric
    I'll take 2 shares if they open up

Thread Information