Thread: Announcement: I am selling WSOP events this year - Will post full info shortly

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Announcement: I am selling WSOP events this year - Will post full info shortly

I have been on the fence ever since the end of the 2017 WSOP regarding whether I would sell 2018 pieces.

As I've stated on radio, there are various "cons" to selling pieces to the WSOP:

1) I feel guilty when I lose (seriously, I'm not just saying this)

2) I sometimes let it get into my head that people have pieces of me when I consider making marginal bluffs or other aggro plays

3) The entire process of collecting the money, keeping records, and sending back out the money is a pain in the ass

4) When weird things occur (such as my missing of an hour of Day 2 of the $3k Limit Holdem last year due to an emergency), it's hard to figure out the proper way to handle compensating the backers

So I was really just considering doing this year all on my own dime.

However, there are also some positives to selling pieces:

1) Lower variance

2) Some people on PFA (as well as radio listeners) really enjoy it, especially since many cannot make it out to the WSOP themselves, and my detailed live updates make it feel like they're part of the action

3) It feels good to get the congratulatory tweets when I am doing well

After a lot of thinking about it, I decided that, if I kept the pieces sold to lower/middle buyin WSOP events -- the ones $3k and under -- then the amount each person is risking will be recreational, and therefore I won't feel as much guilt/pressure in the event that I'm not doing well.

Therefore, I've decided to take a middle ground.

I WILL be selling all events I play under $10k, including two satellites I am about to add to the schedule (the satellites would pay out to investors the equivalent cash amount of the win).

I WILL NOT be selling the three $10k events I plan to play -- the $10k O8, the $10k Limit Holdem, and the $10k Main Event.

I will be posting further details in the 2018 WSOP forum, likely later today.

Yes, I will take bitcoin this year as a form of payment.

Please do NOT troll this or any other staking-related thread.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Good luck Druff! I have a feeling you will be making some deep runs this year!

Load Metric
    same as last yr for me plz 4% for me & 1% for the gf. Glad you did this. If possible I would take an additional 5% for just me if there is anything left over.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Thread Information