Thread: The Expanse

Load Metric

The Expanse

The Expanse is just about the only show i consistently watch nowadays other than occasional Bering sea gold, the last man on earth, LA to Vegas, seal team. o ya wicked tuna can be good.

It was a little hard to follow at first but it just got better and better. Right now in season three it is so good i have watched some episodes twice.

Based on the best-selling books by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck, The Expanse features three central characters tied together by a missing fourth: a young woman who may be the key to ending the interplanetary conflict brewing between human factions on Earth, Mars, and across the asteroid belt.

Thomas Jane plays a hard-drinking, easily corrupted detective on the dwarf planet of Ceres while Steven Strait is cast as an officer stationed on an ice freighter in the belt. The trio is rounded out by Academy Award-nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo as a high-ranking UN politician tasked with bringing peace to a scattered species. What lies ahead of them is an unveiling of the greatest conspiracy in human history.

Comments

Tellafriend: will give it a shot
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    had to watch this scene a few times, cool version of a deep purple song too.

final part of the scene..... proof that space is a cruel place.

Comments

herbertstemple: Highway Star rep.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    The Expanse is just about the only show i consistently watch nowadays other than occasional Bering sea gold, the last man on earth, LA to Vegas, seal team. o ya wicked tuna can be good.

It was a little hard to follow at first but it just got better and better. Right now in season three it is so good i have watched some episodes twice.

Based on the best-selling books by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck, The Expanse features three central characters tied together by a missing fourth: a young woman who may be the key to ending the interplanetary conflict brewing between human factions on Earth, Mars, and across the asteroid belt.

Thomas Jane plays a hard-drinking, easily corrupted detective on the dwarf planet of Ceres while Steven Strait is cast as an officer stationed on an ice freighter in the belt. The trio is rounded out by Academy Award-nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo as a high-ranking UN politician tasked with bringing peace to a scattered species. What lies ahead of them is an unveiling of the greatest conspiracy in human history.

I'm lacking things to watch so took your word and downloading season 1&2 right now.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: enjoy!!

Load Metric
    Syfy cancelled the series after 3 seasons (current), but apparently amazon picked it up and it's renewed for fourth season. Off the top of my head i don't remember that ever happening to sci-fi series.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: It looks like it maybe expensive show lots of special effects and props

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Syfy cancelled the series after 3 seasons (current), but apparently amazon picked it up and it's renewed for fourth season. Off the top of my head i don't remember that ever happening to sci-fi series.
    I hope the show runners and actors stay
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    I've tried to watch this two different times & couldn't make it through the first episode either time. Will give it another try.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: ya it is a little hard to get into at fires but a expansive story i guess
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    I hope the show runners and actors stay
    They should all stay. The production company financed it fully before and will continue to do so. Apparently syfy only had first-run rights to the show and today those just aren't really worth much. If the show didn't make enough in the time slot it had there was no way to recoup that for syfy.

I'm guessing it did ok for streaming services so Amazon deal wasn't that hard to get.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Im almost 2 episodes in but not feeling it. Does it pick up steam or anything? Im really not a huge scifi fan, but i decided to try this out anyway because it had good ratings ( and a few well known actors as well) - but i don't know if those rating it share the same tastes as me.

Anyone?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Im a sci fi fan and I tried a couple of time to get into this but even the most potent cannabis couldn't do it.

Comments

splitthis: If you think its bad, its terrible, i remember that shitty movie you recommended

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Im almost 2 episodes in but not feeling it. Does it pick up steam or anything? Im really not a huge scifi fan, but i decided to try this out anyway because it had good ratings ( and a few well known actors as well) - but i don't know if those rating it share the same tastes as me.

Anyone?

yes it really does I don't to spoil it but Yes its a slow start (couple of seasons and really ramps up to some of the best syfi I've ever seen on tv. it ties all together. and the acting is very good. good photography too.

basically its about three or more planetary groups all with different tec and resources all trading with each other while waring at the same time.
    i promise if you like syfy you will like this show. final season this year and Amazon or Netflix are taking over
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Im a sci fi fan and I tried a couple of time to get into this but even the most potent cannabis couldn't do it.

sorry i never get hookers but i guess it would make you expect to get fucked on a first date with a normal woman.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    i checked out emotionally when i saw the protagonist wearing a fedora.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Agreed that a fedora wearing gum shoe in a hyper science fiction is a little odd he fast became a favorite actor, he is unfortunately gone for now? Have high hopes for season four.

I very much like the acting on all accounts very few week performances.

all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Agreed that a fedora wearing gum shoe in a hyper science fiction is a little odd he fast became a favorite actor, he is unfortunately gone for now? Have high hopes for season four.

yeah like i get the deckard bladerunner futuristic hard boiled cynical champion of the downtrodden trope but they could have definitely cast it better.

ill give it another try.

also the portrayal of an indian in charge of anything but shitting on their own sidewalk while cold calling actual humans to sell dick pills is galling but ok cool i get it science fiction.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

yeah like i get the deckard bladerunner futuristic hard boiled cynical champion of the downtrodden trope but they could have definitely cast it better.

ill give it another try.

also the portrayal of an indian in charge of anything but shitting on their own sidewalk while cold calling actual humans to sell dick pills is galling but ok cool i get it science fiction.
    check out season 3 does not disappoint IMO, unless you don't like non stop action, shit going down, fucking smart rockets, racing space ships, and underdogs kicking ass...

also speaking of casting the old lady Indian? is a bit weird but they make it work she does have some good acting chops and she got her pipes cleaned in season 3 but they did not get this one wrong

Frankie Adams is a New Zealand-Samoan actress, best known for her roles as Bobbie Draper in the science fiction television series The Expanse

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  7.8 KB

also a Canadian actor Cas Anvar (Alex) from Les's part of the world Regina Sask is a seriously funny actor with great timing when needed.

Name:  Unknown-1.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  5.0 KB
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 08-03-2019 at 05:22 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    actually did tuck into this and we were riffing about it yonder

https://www.stockamets.com/forum...ucking-expanse

baron feel free to chime in of course.

im glad i peeped it and im looking forward to seasons 5 & 6, if only for the meta plot and occasionally superb visuals.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: thanks for invite i will check it out.

Load Metric
    actually did tuck into this and we were riffing about it yonder

https://www.stockamets.com/forum...ucking-expanse

baron feel free to chime in of course.

im glad i peeped it and im looking forward to seasons 5 & 6, if only for the meta plot and occasionally superb visuals.
    glad you enjoy it...

looking forward tho, Alex (Cas Anvar) may be not be back as he has some issues...

The Expanse’ Star Cas Anvar Will Cooperate With Investigation To “Refute” Sexual Misconduct Allegations – Update

UPDATE MONDAY: The Expanse star Cas Anvar on Monday morning issued a statement regarding the independent investigation into sexual misconduct allegations that was launched by series studio Alcon Entertainment. “I welcome the independent investigation, respect that the women who have come forward should be heard, and will make myself fully available to participate in the process as appropriate so that I may refute these very serious claims that strike at the core of what I value,” he said.

PREVIOUS FRODAY: The Expanse studio Alcon Entertainment has launched an independent investigation after series’ star Cas Anvar this week faced numerous accusations of sexual harassment and sexual assault.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/the-exp...ns-1202971689/
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    ok or you can just post without reading our discussion of that situation, thats cool too of course

Thread Information