Thread: Roughing the Punter

Load Metric

Roughing the Punter

Where is the most popular place to discuss Tony Bigcharles now that Roughing the Punter is shut down? Apparently RTP was shut down because Steven Paddock was a regular poster there, and Jon didn't want anything to do with that. Is the TBC blog the only place to discuss him? I hate the format of the blog, because he has to approve every post before it is posted. This makes it nearly impossible for TBC fans to have real time discussion about him. We should make a TBC super thread on PFA and invite all of the TBC fans here.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    Where is the most popular place to discuss TBC now that RTP is shut down? Apparently RTP was shut down because Steven Paddock was a regular poster there, and Jon didn't want anything to do with that. Is the TBC blog the only place to discuss him? I hate the format of the blog, because he has to approve every post before it is posted. This makes it nearly impossible for TBC fans to have real time discussion about him. We should make a TBC super thread on PFA and invite all of the TBC fans here.
    Interesting about Paddock... I was a semi-regular lurker (and occasional poster) over there and I had no idea. Do you know what his handle was by any chance?

I figured it was shut down simply because of a lack of traffic.

I would be all in favor of moving the TBC thread here. It would continue to be a shit show of course, but it would generate lots of site traffic for Druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What was RTP? Another poker forum?

How was it verified that Paddock had posted there?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

RTP was an acronym for Roughing the Punter. It was a board centered mostly around sports betting, though poker and other AP tactics were occasionally discussed.

I’m as curious about the second part as you are. The site’s traffic/post count really took a nose dive in the last year or so, (well before the Vegas shooting) and I pretty much stopped reading it. Even the TBC thread stopped getting updated regularly.

There was one guy who regularly posted there that pretty much drove around Nevada making sports, video poker and other machine plays. He had kind of a dick-ish internet persona but he clearly knew his shit. I won’t mention the handle here for obvious reasons, but if that was in fact Paddock I’ll be absolutely stunned.

Hopefully SetofKs can chime in.

Load Metric
    Paddock posted over there under the name "Cutter." From what I remember he said that he was always drunk. He said he played video poker in Ca, NV, and Arizona. He often talked about all of his guns, and his love for fucking fat chicks. He also occasionally posted what he said were +EV sports picks, but they always seemed to lose. The guys there kind of made fun of him cause he was so crazy, but they seemed to like him at the same time. I wish the site was still up so I could go back and study his posts.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by go_buccos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

RTP was an acronym for Roughing the Punter. It was a board centered mostly around sports betting, though poker and other AP tactics were occasionally discussed.

I’m as curious about the second part as you are. The site’s traffic/post count really took a nose dive in the last year or so, (well before the Vegas shooting) and I pretty much stopped reading it. Even the TBC thread stopped getting updated regularly.

There was one guy who regularly posted there that pretty much drove around Nevada making sports, video poker and other machine plays. He had kind of a dick-ish internet persona but he clearly knew his shit. I won’t mention the handle here for obvious reasons, but if that was in fact Paddock I’ll be absolutely stunned.

Is Roughing The Punter run by Groovin Mahoovin on twitter? What is his deal? He says he won 10+ million betting on sports. Is this true?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by go_buccos View Post

Is Roughing The Punter run by Groovin Mahoovin on twitter? What is his deal? He says he won 10+ million betting on sports. Is this true?
    No, but he used to post there. I doubt he won 10 million, was prolly joking. Nice guy, does a lot of shit posting and trolling on twitter. Its possible though, I have no idea about his financials.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Paddock posted over there under the name "Cutter." From what I remember he said that he was always drunk. He said he played video poker in Ca, NV, and Arizona. He often talked about all of his guns, and his love for fucking fat chicks. He also occasionally posted what he said were +EV sports picks, but they always seemed to lose. The guys there kind of made fun of him cause he was so crazy, but they seemed to like him at the same time. I wish the site was still up so I could go back and study his posts.
    Holy shit, that’s exactly the guy I was thinking of.

Wow....

Banned
    Load Metric
    Paddock wasn't Cutter you fucking retard. Cutter's real name is Jason and he's very much alive and well.

Comments

donkdowndonedied: BULLSHIT. It was CRAZY CUTTER and he finally cracked. Don't spread falsehoods.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  e45yew5tyewrew.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  61.1 KB

I'd still take the under.

Comments

PuppyMonkeyBaby: How many Zimbabwe dollars is a BTC worth?? Nevermind according to something online the Z$ doesnt exist at the moment

Banned
    Load Metric
    TBC = GOD

/fin

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Paddock wasn't Cutter you fucking retard. Cutter's real name is Jason and he's very much alive and well.
    You beat me to it.

I had a different source whom I consider to be 100% reliable confirm to me privately that Cutter wasn’t Paddock.

Thanks for clearing that up IAPT.

Gold
    Load Metric

He sure does talk a big game on twitter. He tweeted out that his net worth was over 8 figures. No clue who he is. Just curious if he was a sports guru like he claims.

Load Metric
    oh, my bad

Load Metric
    Nah. RTP went down pretty much the exact same time as the Vegas shooting. For a minute I did believe that it was because Paddock was a regular poster there. I asked Groovin about it, and he told me "no, Jon just forgot to pay the bill." I still think Paddock might've posted there, but it definitely isn't Cutter. Would've been fun though to get a rumor going that Cutter was Paddock.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Nah. RTP went down pretty much the exact same time as the Vegas shooting. For a minute I did believe that it was because Paddock was a regular poster there. I asked Groovin about it, and he told me "no, Jon just forgot to pay the bill." I still think Paddock might've posted there, but it definitely isn't Cutter. Would've been fun though to get a rumor going that Cutter was Paddock.
    Roughing The Punter was a confluence of leftist radicals and advantage players, so it would not be surprising if Paddock was an active member there. I agree it certainly seems suspicious for the forum owners Jon Spevack and Jan Suchanek to take the site offline just as the shootings occurred.

Banned
    Load Metric

He sure does talk a big game on twitter. He tweeted out that his net worth was over 8 figures. No clue who he is. Just curious if he was a sports guru like he claims.
    GM is always trolling some tout who claims to be worth 8 figs. I've never heard him say he's made that himself.

While he does generally know what he's talking about regarding sports betting, at least at an intermediate level, he clearly just gets off larping semi-anonymously on the internet and has now managed to dupe the twittard community into thinking he's respected. He lives with his grandma in a Philly suburb and spends 100% of his time on the internet. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't wager at all, maybe small amounts at best. Notice he never really talks about issues with any books or anything related to actual wagers he has made. On the rare occasions he does, it's always about a recreational book like 5D or B-dawg that nobody winning lasts a month at while he's allegedly been doing this for 15 years. He doesn't subscribe to a line service like any real pro would.

He destroys touts and considers that his moral crusade. *yawn* Caveat emptor. Anyone stupid enough to believe a tout deserves to be parted from their money. It just makes them lose faster and quit sooner, probably saves the suckers money in the end.

Gold
    Load Metric

No, but he used to post there. I doubt he won 10 million, was prolly joking. Nice guy, does a lot of shit posting and trolling on twitter. Its possible though, I have no idea about his financials.
    Folks on twitter are saying this Groovin Mahoovin person died today.

Thread Information