Thread: Take a gondola to Dodger Stadium

Load Metric

Take a gondola to Dodger Stadium

A private company is offering to build a gondola system from LA's Union Station to Dodger Stadium. Depending on the route they take, that should be 1.5 to 2 miles long. It's just a proposal for right now, but the company is offering to build it using all private money (with a little ROW help from the city). If they get proper approvals and go through with the $125m plan, they could be up and running by 2022.

https://la.curbed.com/2018/4/26/1728...-union-station
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by PLOL; 04-27-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had no idea that Yasiel Puig was so much bigger than Justin Turner, until I saw them standing together.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The problem is that you have to get to Union Station, and unless you live or work in/near downtown LA, that's not necessarily a trivial task.

I have a trick to skip the traffic in the final mile of the stadium drive anyway, so I won't be using this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The problem is that you have to get to Union Station, and unless you live or work in/near downtown LA, that's not necessarily a trivial task.

I have a trick to skip the traffic in the final mile of the stadium drive anyway, so I won't be using this.
    Not everybody lives in the hinterlands like you, Druff
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric

the light rail system connects to Union Station...so go to any light rail station, get to Union Station, and from there to the ballpark...the light rail runs all day & night so leaving the game won't be a problem

so Druff, go to the red line station in Universal City, park FREE at that station, take the red line to downtown junction, xfer to the blue line to get to Union Station, and ride the gondola to the stadium
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

the light rail systems connects to Union Station...so go to any light rail station, get to Union Station, and from there to the ballpark...the light rail runs all day & night so leaving the game won't be a problem

so Druff, go to the red line station in Universal City, park FREE at that station, take the red line to downtown junction, xfer to the blue line to get to Union Station, and from the gondola to the stadium
    People from Druff's generation don't take public transit. They want to sit in their two ton vehicle in traffic and kill baby seals
    TRUMP 2024!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

the light rail systems connects to Union Station...so go to any light rail station, get to Union Station, and from there to the ballpark...the light rail runs all day & night so leaving the game won't be a problem

so Druff, go to the red line station in Universal City, park FREE at that station, take the red line to downtown junction, xfer to the blue line to get to Union Station, and from the gondola to the stadium
    Way too much trouble.

I guarantee that, even with all the traffic, I can get from Universal City into my seat at the stadium quicker than doing all of the above.

This shit is only good if you don't have a car, or if the traffic is really, really, really horrendously bad that day.

Load Metric

the light rail system connects to Union Station...so go to any light rail station, get to Union Station, and from there to the ballpark...the light rail runs all day & night so leaving the game won't be a problem

so Druff, go to the red line station in Universal City, park FREE at that station, take the red line to downtown junction, xfer to the blue line to get to Union Station, and ride the gondola to the stadium
    LOL at riding public transit in LA.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    People from Druff's generation don't take public transit. They want to sit in their two ton vehicle in traffic and kill baby seals
    There is a social science concept called “tragedy of the commons”.

The example always given is cows grazing on a common field that is overused.

The best example is California water crisis. At a time when the aquifers are drying up the correct play is to plant crops that demand the MOST water. Commodity prices rise and profit is the greatest.

Look for crisis and do exactly the worst thing possible for the “common” (public) Plant pistachios that require a gallon for each nut.... and they are. Pistachio prices rising and homeowners have no water running from taps.

Intuitively, Druff knows his car is the +EV play.

Millenials need to get tuned up. Druff is just doing his part. In that regard he is doing a public service.

Load Metric
    I’m sorry Plop. Order your Charmin from Amazon. Have it delivered in a big cardboard box by a 5 ton UPS truck.

Maybe I got this one wrong

Amazon & Bezos are your creation. What a monster today.

Thread Information