Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So I drive a Taxi in Orlando AMA

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    You knew the rules all along. You knew damn well you weren't allowed to post. Hope it was fun faggot.

Oh sure now limitles thread gets deleted.

I'm done.

Comments

splitthis: No tantrums, now delete your multipost tilts please

Load Metric
    Had a couple people ask me why I was 'giving Alex shit' - That wasn't my intention. Was only trying to troll garret/offdahizzy a bit.

I've played a ton with Alex in AC (although I think it's been well over a year since actually playing with him). I think he's a great player and in general a good guy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    If anything, you can plan for more deregulation vs regulation in the future. Heavy regs are the only reason cabs aren't extinct. By and large, cab driving is the unsustainable business model - not companies like Uber,Lyft.
    Interested to hear why you think this when Taxi Regulation is usually a Local/State issue not a Federal one. And if there were ever to be a Federal bill passed, I think it would actually be to protect the Taxi industry not destroy it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    If anything, you can plan for more deregulation vs regulation in the future. Heavy regs are the only reason cabs aren't extinct. By and large, cab driving is the unsustainable business model - not companies like Uber,Lyft.
    Interested to hear why you think this when Taxi Regulation is usually a Local/State issue not a Federal one. And if there were ever to be a Federal bill passed, I think it would actually be to protect the Taxi industry not destroy it.
    State and local regulations usually bend to the will of the biggest campaign contributors. If the folks benefitting from protecting the taxi industry there can maintain their financial hold over the local pols, taxicab jobs there will continue to be viable.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I think it's pretty clear someone needs a nap

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit:
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Sorry Garrett. I still think it's best you kill yourself but not nearly as much as I think other posters should. The problem is it doesn't matter. There's basically no way they would give anyone that much control. Insanity is such a brutal suicide preventer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Why is uber and lyft not sustainable?

Seems to me the taxi business is not sustainable

The Taxi business is not supported necessarily by Hedge Funds and Vulture Capital as is Uber/Lyft. The reason its unsustainable is just ask any uber or lyft driver, they will need a revolving door of suckers willing to beat there cars up and put high mileage on them in a short amount of time. Cars being a depreciating asset means milage goes up value goes down.. And for what 60 pennies a mile in lots of cases. After a couple months most realize with Uber/Lyft they are playing a sucker game. The few at the TOP of Uber/Lyft plan to parachute out on a few hundred billion dollar IPO, the end game. And none of that includes the people doing the heavy lifting, the drivers.

So the model is flawed in that once people realize how TERRIBLE Uber/Lyft driving is monetarily, as well as for their cars they'll stop doing it. At which point in time they'll need to fill that spot with another sucker (Uber driver). My belief is that in time there will be less drivers willing to drive for them people at the TOP, and in turn the investors will keep trying to throw good money at bad, and the entire business model will collapse on itself.

I work for a big company so if I get a flat tire guess what, I just take my Taxi back and get another one. If you're an Uber or Lyft driver that comes out of your own money which reduces your EV over time. Basically running high miles on your car as well as how drivers get not even a .0000001% Equity Stake in Uber, while using there own resources is why its a sucker game, and will fail in time!
    I made a very similar post but of course u said it better..

The cost of repairing and maintaining your car plus taxi insurance and taxes..

Your basiclly PAYING uber to "work" for them.. Your just borrowing your own money and working for free.. ITS A SCAM!!

another reason they advertise soooo hard for new drivers and give them a bonus after the first month.lol.

They all end up leaving and its a pyramid scheme of hireing new drivers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

The Taxi business is not supported necessarily by Hedge Funds and Vulture Capital as is Uber/Lyft. The reason its unsustainable is just ask any uber or lyft driver, they will need a revolving door of suckers willing to beat there cars up and put high mileage on them in a short amount of time. Cars being a depreciating asset means milage goes up value goes down.. And for what 60 pennies a mile in lots of cases. After a couple months most realize with Uber/Lyft they are playing a sucker game. The few at the TOP of Uber/Lyft plan to parachute out on a few hundred billion dollar IPO, the end game. And none of that includes the people doing the heavy lifting, the drivers.

So the model is flawed in that once people realize how TERRIBLE Uber/Lyft driving is monetarily, as well as for their cars they'll stop doing it. At which point in time they'll need to fill that spot with another sucker (Uber driver). My belief is that in time there will be less drivers willing to drive for them people at the TOP, and in turn the investors will keep trying to throw good money at bad, and the entire business model will collapse on itself.

I work for a big company so if I get a flat tire guess what, I just take my Taxi back and get another one. If you're an Uber or Lyft driver that comes out of your own money which reduces your EV over time. Basically running high miles on your car as well as how drivers get not even a .0000001% Equity Stake in Uber, while using there own resources is why its a sucker game, and will fail in time!
    I made a very similar post but of course u said it better..

The cost of repairing and maintaining your car plus taxi insurance and taxes..

Your basiclly PAYING uber to "work" for them.. Your just borrowing your own money and working for free.. ITS A SCAM!!

another reason they advertise soooo hard for new drivers and give them a bonus after the first month.lol.

They all end up leaving and its a pyramid scheme of hireing new drivers.

Is there really any extra insurance if you decide to sign up as a driver for Uber/Lyft?

I always assumed it was just increasing your chances of getting in a wreck, which would naturally cause your current insurance to increase.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    U got to use your own new or almost New car...

U got to drive 50 hours non stop to basiclly "pocket" 5 or $600 bucks but thats actually on the high side.lol

OUT OF THAT u have to pay $2200 every 3 months in insurance and gas and every flat tire and worn out brake..

Lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    U got to use your own new or almost New car...

U got to drive 50 hours non stop to basiclly "pocket" 5 or $600 bucks but thats actually on the high side.lol

OUT OF THAT u have to pay $2200 every 3 months in insurance and gas and every flat tire and worn out brake..

Lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards..
    Yeah thats nuts. Better off just learning how to use pokertracker.

Thread Information