Thread: World Champion Astros - cheaters ?

Bronze
    Load Metric

World Champion Astros - cheaters ?

I collect game used baseballs and have a few thousand of them . I buy / sell / trade / catch , even make jewelry out of some of them .
    ( if you need some sweet cufflinks let me know )

The Astros played the White Sox on 4/20 and Verlander did what you would expect , 6ip 2h 0r for the win . Well the White Sox decided not to sell baseballs day of game and ship all to auction $$$$ . I was lucky to get one but since I am their best customer they took care of me but I had to wait a few days for them to log details of each ball.

5 days later I get it , open the bag , and the unmistakable stench of pine tar comes wafting out .... and the ball is still sticky as hell in spots .

Intersting I think to keep an eye on and if anything comes up down the road you heard it here first .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Cool Collector Piece Rep

Load Metric
    Could be a result of someone picking it up with a batting glove on? That ball looks like it was used in practice.

(Pics of any baseball arts and crafts projects would be cool.)

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Could be a result of someone picking it up with a batting glove on? That ball looks like it was used in practice.

(Pics of any baseball arts and crafts projects would be cool.)
    If your not familar they are very strict with how balls are handled . From the ump to the authenticator who places a tamper evident numbered hologram on it And the database lists the pitch (s) details etc ..

They are all rubbed with a special mud to take the shine off so they all look dark like this. No one but ump catcher snd authenticator touched this one .

Houston Astros at Chicago White Sox
    Date
    Apr 20, 2018
    Bottom of 4th
    At Bat
    Avisail Garcia
    Pitching
    Justin Verlander
    Called Strike - Four-Seam Fastball - Pitch Number: 1, Pitch Speed: 94.4 MPH, Balls 0 Strikes 1.
    Ball In Dirt - Slider - Pitch Number: 2, Pitch Speed: 86.4 MPH, Balls 1 Strikes 1.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Interesting, who knew there was a strict chain of custody. Idk maybe the catcher batted the inning b4.

duped_samaritan: damn that is crazy, had no idea

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post
    I collect game used baseballs and have a few thousand of them . I buy / sell / trade / catch , even make jewelry out of some of them .
    ( if you need some sweet cufflinks let me know )

The Astros played the White Sox on 4/20 and Verlander did what you would expect , 6ip 2h 0r for the win . Well the White Sox decided not to sell baseballs day of game and ship all to auction $$$$ . I was lucky to get one but since I am their best customer they took care of me but I had to wait a few days for them to log details of each ball.

5 days later I get it , open the bag , and the unmistakable stench of pine tar comes wafting out .... and the ball is still sticky as hell in spots .

Intersting I think to keep an eye on and if anything comes up down the road you heard it here first .
    I think you were going for a different kind of cheating but I guess we did hear it here first.

Name:  lol21.gif
Views: 202
Size:  1.76 MB
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    No one has enjoyed the fall of the Astros more than Trevor Bauer. He’s a world class twitter troll and he knew the Astros were full of shit with their spin rate rpm bullshit and tweeting about sticky substances back when this thread was made.

I don’t mind the hustle. Cheating in baseball has always been a thing and I don’t hate the team doing it better. I also don’t hate to see them punished. I enjoyed the steroid guys and also didn’t mind when they got caught. It’s entertainment.

Does make me wonder how good those teams actually were though when it’s pretty obvious they were getting a serious edge pitching and now we know hitting.

Load Metric
    I heard Altuve wears high heels with buzzers in them.

Thread Information