Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden State Killer / East Area Rapist Finally CAUGHT

Silver
    Load Metric

Golden State Killer / East Area Rapist Finally CAUGHT

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article209779364.html

I've always paid close attention to the case, living in a few of the cities he frequented.

For years, the amateur criminal profilers had suspected he was a former Vietnam Vet, possibly in construction, and/or a position of power.

The only real details to come out so far is that he was a Vietnam vet, and also was a cop in the late 70's, until he was fired for stealing from a convenience store.

He definitely thought he was smarter than everyone else, which he apparently was, hiding in plain sight in Sacramento for the last 20 years.

Can't wait for the details to come out, how bad the cops/FBI fucked up, and wonder if he was involved in any of the cases in the early 90s of young girls being kidnapped in the Bay Area (Ilene Misheloff and Michaela Garrett) never to be heard from again.

Between this guy, Philip Garrido, Uncle Ted, and Zodiac, Northern California, sure turned out some winners.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

I've always paid close attention to the case, living in a few of the cities he frequented.

For years, the amateur criminal profilers had suspected he was a former Vietnam Vet, possibly in construction, and/or a position of power.

The only real details to come out so far is that he was a Vietnam vet, and also was a cop in the late 70's, until he was fired for stealing from a convenience store.

He definitely thought he was smarter than everyone else, which he apparently was, hiding in plain sight in Sacramento for the last 20 years.

Can't wait for the details to come out, how bad the cops/FBI fucked up, and wonder if he was involved in any of the cases in the early 90s of young girls being kidnapped in the Bay Area (Ilene Misheloff and Michaela Garrett) never to be heard from again.

Between this guy, Philip Garrido, Uncle Ted, and Zodiac, Northern California, sure turned out some winners.
    “The East Area Rapist, also known as the Golden State Killer, the Original Night Stalker and the Diamond Knot Killer, is believed to have killed at least 12 people, raped at least 45 victims and burglarized hundreds of homes.”

If only folks had guns to protect themselves and their homes.

Comments

hongkonger: lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Can't be completely sure yet but it seems likely it's him.

I've also followed this case for years. The podcast "Casefile" had a 4-part series on the East Area Rapist last year, going into tremendous detail. It's worth listening if you have the time, pretty horrific though.

I'm very interested to know how they finally got him.
    HILLARY WON

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

“The East Area Rapist, also known as the Golden State Killer, the Original Night Stalker and the Diamond Knot Killer, is believed to have killed at least 12 people, raped at least 45 victims and burglarized hundreds of homes.”

He would sneak in prior to his attack, and remove bullets from guns. No joke.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Odd that he was such a prolific rapist/killer/burglar for all of those years, and then just stopped cold in 1986.

Maybe he decided at age 40 that it was going to get harder physically to accomplish what he was doing, but it's not like 40 is so old that he would have been all that hindered.

I guess it's also possible that he realized he would get caught if he continued, perhaps after seeing the "other" Night Stalker in California (Richard Ramirez) get caught a year earlier.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Odd that he was such a prolific rapist/killer/burglar for all of those years, and then just stopped cold in 1986.

Maybe he decided at age 40 that it was going to get harder physically to accomplish what he was doing, but it's not like 40 is so old that he would have been all that hindered.

I guess it's also possible that he realized he would get caught if he continued, perhaps after seeing the "other" Night Stalker in California (Richard Ramirez) get caught a year earlier.
    Heard rumors he stopped around the time his kids were born.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

He would sneak in prior to his attack, and remove bullets from guns. No joke.
    He would also bring treats to homes with dogs, sometimes for weeks beforehand, so they would like him and not alert the owners.
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If he was able to actually just shut if off and live a normal life for 20+ years that kinda makes it worse in a way. Indicates he could control his urges, but chose not too.

"Normal" serial killers who truly seem to have a mental disease they have no control over and can't shut it off you can feel some sympathy for.

Load Metric
    Name:  fbi-sketch3-ht-ml-180425_hpEmbed_10x13_992.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  fbi-sketch2-ht-ml-180425_hpEmbed_11x15_992.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  fbi-sketch1-ht-ml-180425_hpEmbed_11x12_992.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  joseph-james-deangelo-ht-jef-180425_hpMain_v12x5_4x3_992 (1).jpg
Views: 696
Size:  68.8 KB

Load Metric
    Fucking Mossad.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Beady eyed little monster. Seeing as he got away with it for so long and doesn't have a lotta years left to live I say he should be tortured till the day he dies.
    Who agrees? At the very least put him in the hole till he dies.

Comments

SysOp: TORTURED TIL THE DAY HE DIES REP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Name:  fbi-sketch3-ht-ml-180425_hpEmbed_10x13_992.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  83.7 KB

Name:  fbi-sketch2-ht-ml-180425_hpEmbed_11x15_992.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  fbi-sketch1-ht-ml-180425_hpEmbed_11x12_992.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  86.3 KB

Name:  joseph-james-deangelo-ht-jef-180425_hpMain_v12x5_4x3_992 (1).jpg
Views: 696
Size:  68.8 KB
    Name:  EDF267D9-607E-484D-A23B-D640FF0EEB22.jpeg
Views: 624
Size:  20.7 KB

Comments

hongkonger: Reservoir Dogs rep

big dick: lol looks exactly like him

FRANKRIZZO: Spot On love the res dogs
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I smell a new Netflix series
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

I believe 1986 was when DNA profiling became a part of crime detection...that may be why the stopping, the perp being in law enforcement knew of DNA's capabilities
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    ...waiting for DeReK to justify this cop

Comments

SysOp: +1k

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So they verified he was the perpetrator by grabbing some of his trash and analyzing his DNA.

But that still begs the question -- how did he become a suspect in the first place, after all this time?

I can't wait to find out that part of the story.

Load Metric
    So they verified he was the perpetrator by grabbing some of his trash and analyzing his DNA.

But that still begs the question -- how did he become a suspect in the first place, after all this time?

I can't wait to find out that part of the story.
    Exactly. What led them to him?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Beady eyed little monster. Seeing as he got away with it for so long and doesn't have a lotta years left to live I say he should be tortured till the day he dies.
    Who agrees? At the very least put him in the hole till he dies.
    I agree, or a hang him.

Comments

big dick: putting him in the hole is worse than dying

Load Metric
    Victims also reported he had a small penis and occasionally couldn't get erect while attacking them. He would sometimes leave the victims tied up, go to their kitchen and find something to eat and drink (he often left half finished beers in the kitchen), then come back and rape them again. He took souvenirs from their homes, but it was always something insignificant, he wasn't there for valuables but sometimes took cash if he found any.

Sometimes while sitting in the victims' kitchens or while in their rooms he would be near tears, talking out loud to his mother, alternately cursing her and apologizing to her.

He occasionally called his victims either before or after attacking, sometimes years later. Sometimes he threatened them and other times he said something sexually explicit. He also called a counselling service asking for help, but suddenly hung up and never called back.

All these details from the Casefile podcasts are coming back to me as I read updates. What a crazy case.

I'm still interested to know what prompted them to test his DNA in the first place.
    HILLARY WON

Thread Information