Thread: Tap Sports Baseball

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Tap Sports Baseball

Does anyone here play Tap Sports Baseball on their phone?

All you can do is hit and manage your team.

However, it's still a fun thing to do when you're waiting for something or sitting on the toilet. Basically the skill in the game comes from learning how to recognize balls and strikes, and to time your swing.

You build up your team over time. It's a free game, but they constantly tempt you with powerups which cost money. However, the game is very playable without the powerups. I'm too Jewish to pay for stuff like that.

Benjamin recently started playing it, too, and it's actually helped him learn more about baseball and the various players in the game, which should make attending games more enjoyable for him (though he already liked it).

The one annoying thing about the game is the fact that you basically start with a failteam version of the ballclub you like (the "stars" on the Dodgers are Matt Kemp, Yasmani Grandal, and Tom Koehler), and then you use drafts to acquire better players. That wouldn't be bad, but you can't control who you get in the drafts, so you end up with a mishmosh of players from baseball on your team. So my "Dodgers" don't very much resemble the real Dodgers. I really wish I could just draft players like Justin Turner, Corey Seager, Cody Bellinger, and Clayton Kershaw, but I have no control over that.

In a weird case of life imitating art, the actual two hitting stars on the Dodgers in the early goings are Yasmani Grandal and Matt Kemp.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    ya game is solid. forgot to fire it onto new phone.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    I love sports management games (specifically soccer and racing). I would honestly pay 100$ a year to play a good sports management game with a decent playerbase and everyone being on the same footing (but such a game doesn;t exist). Unfortunately every single game on cell phone is terrible for following reasons.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

However, it's still a fun thing to do when you're waiting for something or sitting on the toilet.
    I hope you disinfected that phone. You dont even want to know the "games" I used to "play" with that thing in my hands
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I love sports management games (specifically soccer and racing). I would honestly pay 100$ a year to play a good sports management game with a decent playerbase and everyone being on the same footing (but such a game doesn;t exist). Unfortunately every single game on cell phone is terrible for following reasons.

Out Of The Park Baseball is an amazing GM sim, I've wasted plenty of hours playing those games.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Out Of The Park Baseball is an amazing GM sim, I've wasted plenty of hours playing those games.
    I actually bought it for my dad as he is big into fantasy baseball. Unfortunately I think it was too much work for him to learn

Really enjoyed playing this last year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Benjamin recently started playing it, too, and it's actually helped him learn more about baseball and the various players in the game, which should make attending games more enjoyable for him (though he already liked it)
    You know what would actually help Benjamin learn more about baseball & make attending the games more enjoyable? Playing baseball. Especially baseball with his father.

We used to spend a lot of time on Cape Cod. It’s a resort kind of area with the requisite miniature golf, arcade & batting cage complexes. I can remember the first time I went with my little son.

You could select how fast the pitches would be. Obviously, everything was a contest. You hit 5 out of 10 I’ll pay for another round. He’d see how fast a pitch he could hit.

At another station there was a radar gun that showed you how hard you threw.

Kid was pretty young and kind of shy. I gave him the cash and told him if he wanted to play he had to go up to the attendant and get the tokens himself. This was a big deal and he sure as shit wasn’t too happy - would rather have me do it. Learning stuff about dealing with the real world.

He could sense the arcade wasn’t cool in my eyes.

Putt putt golf was filled with the worst trash talk. People would look at us. Who is that awful parent laughing at his sons missed putt and wagering on the next hole? He might have been only 6 or 7. He wanted to beat me in the worst way.

Ben goes to a Dodgers game and dreams of catching a ball. Tell ya what. Let’s go to the sporting goods store and buy several boxes of new baseballs. We will fill a bucket with them. We will go to those empty fields in SoCal and I’ll throw endless balls to you to swing at.

I’ll hit a bucket of balls to you and we’ll count how many you catch.

Video baseball. This is parenting?

On the flip side my son had a cousin of identical age. Only child and big video gamer. I would always be making subtle snide remarks. Sending the proper message about gamers. Lol. Two types of kids in the world.

Well that cousin just did a campus visit at Full Sail in Florida for a grad school year. Video game development. We will see

But definitely bond over Doritos, Diet Pepsi & video games.

PS My son rarely speaks to me today. He still doesn’t know what to make of me and we are still highly competitive. Fuck him if he can’t take a little trash talk. He doesn’t have diabetes and he isn’t living at home so you know who the winner turned out to be.

Oh yeah, I didn’t have to pay for college.

I kid, but not too much.

Comments

jsearles22: Best poster and it's not even close
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-23-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Thread Information