Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RULE: Only I can escrow money for PFA contests, PLUS no running stakes on this site without prior permission

Load Metric
    China, being who I am I can tell you why you don't just vanish. As we said he is probably a chronic gambler. If you just vanish, and hit a big score, you can't just come back and pay those people, but if you say you've had a stroke or whatever, this buys you time to try and come up big and still be able to pay people back.

Just because he is a scammer doesn't mean you take money and run. Being a scammer, you are always looking for more. Thats part of being a scammer, greed.

Just vanishing simple burns a bridge. Saying you're sick buys you time, and only leads to speculation, not fact

Load Metric
    I did call the hospital, and he answered the room phone, we spoke for a few minutes and that was that. I never verified what he was there for, just that he was there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I did call the hospital, and he answered the room phone, we spoke for a few minutes and that was that. I never verified what he was there for, just that he was there.

right, which is also a red flag. If you're in the hospital with a stroke the last thing you're doing is worried about an internet forum knowing you're there.

It's like he was too eager to prove he was there.

When enough red flags pop up, chances are bad.

Load Metric
    I have loaned him money on Merge 5-10 times in amounts ranging from $25- $75 maybe and he always paid me back within a day or 2 or exactly when he said and he never tried for any crazy amounts. The last 1 or 2 times I loaned him he took a lot longer to pay me back $50. It took 10-14 days the last time so I stopped giving him any type of these loans after I received the last payment. + someone else I know was owed $100 and was waiting too and I don't know if they ever got paid. This person actually was the first one to come to me and say "this guy could be a scammer"
    These transactions (and all of the others we are learning about) are making me think he does have a gambling problem and was simply trying to get squared away with scheme after scheme; which eventually catches up to you

The most likely scenario from most people I have talked with is this and it is what Steve said in his 3rd point. Some people are just degenerate gamblers or bad gamblers or they just ran bad and then things get hairy. They get loans , they lose money, they pay back and then when their own well runs dry they slow pay, then they hide or they vanish or they make up elaborate stories. But until he makes a statement we won't know the truth unless he just never comes back here.
    THIS^

I only know Templar from these boards and my interactions with him have been pleasant. But is it possible he lied about the stroke? Many people I have talked to believe that. But on the other hand it is possible he did have a stroke as well. Didn't Jasep call a hospital and talk to him? If he were a scammer though, why would he lie about having a stroke? Wouldn't he just leave this community?
    The other stories he has told are what gives it away. and it seems to me he was very adept at embellishing. So maybe he did have a stroke, but maybe he simply was in the hospital to get his appendix out. Either way we know he can post here becuase he has. I think until you meet one of these serial-embellishers you really don't have that sixth sense for spotting them, and understanding their true intentions, which is not to steal from you per se (although some are looking to do just that), but if that happens they'll continue to scheme to find a way to repay you, and like Wile E. Coyote it just keeps blowing up in their face and the hole gets deeper and deeper.

The most shady thing about this whole Templar situation is the private Bap for whatever amount of money it was. Sure people do private BAPS and stakes but why wouldn't he just make a thread on the board and make a BAP? He was well known here and might have sold out unless someone questioned him on his results and they sucked. The fact that he went private to people he didn't really know accept from these boards raises flags. Especially considering how much he was posting here and how much he was contributing to catching other scammers as well. Wouldn't you think if he was going to run a bap he would do it on the board for people to rail as well? Yes unless his intent was to get the money and if that was his motive then he succeeded.
    This actually makes sense to me if he was scamming, because it seems like he was trying to raise some capital to pay off his other debts in the community, and BAP is the perfect way to lock-up money for a period of time (basically he was running his own Ponzi scheme). as Jasep sdaid he owed enough people already that a public BAP would have been met with criticism
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    So China, are you saying that Animosity is Windsor Lockwood?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    I'm a bit irritated with myself over this. I don't give two shits about the hundo, but I'd be very unhappy if anyone shipped him money based on my participation in his BAP.

Even if he is sick, he doesn't have nearly a long enough track record on the forums for me to have shipped him any money at all, and frankly it was irresponsible of me to have done it. Not so much for myself, but by doing that I endorsed him by proxy and that was a mistake.

Im honestly not saying this to be a douche, but I definetly noted on his BAP that you were an investor before I made my investment. The $50 doesnt mean shit to me either, so i guess it is what it is.

The first time I got a somewhat queesy feeling about this guy was during the Vegas debacle. TheTemplar attempted to befriend me via pm, but he wouldnt stick up for me in the thread. Then when I offered to escrow (which is still an open offer BTW) I got multiple PMs from him wanting to be the escrow holder. I thought it was odd that he thought I would trust him with $1000 ($500 each) instead of Druff, China, Jasep, Steve-O, Tony or essentially anyone else.

Even with that, I still invested so I guess I didnt go with my initial read. Im still on the record as saying I want to believe this guy so bad.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    These transactions (and all of the others we are learning about) are making me think he does have a gambling problem and was simply trying to get squared away with scheme after scheme; which eventually catches up to you

The most likely scenario from most people I have talked with is this and it is what Steve said in his 3rd point. Some people are just degenerate gamblers or bad gamblers or they just ran bad and then things get hairy. They get loans , they lose money, they pay back and then when their own well runs dry they slow pay, then they hide or they vanish or they make up elaborate stories. But until he makes a statement we won't know the truth unless he just never comes back here.
    THIS^

I only know Templar from these boards and my interactions with him have been pleasant. But is it possible he lied about the stroke? Many people I have talked to believe that. But on the other hand it is possible he did have a stroke as well. Didn't Jasep call a hospital and talk to him? If he were a scammer though, why would he lie about having a stroke? Wouldn't he just leave this community?
    The other stories he has told are what gives it away. and it seems to me he was very adept at embellishing. So maybe he did have a stroke, but maybe he simply was in the hospital to get his appendix out. Either way we know he can post here becuase he has. I think until you meet one of these serial-embellishers you really don't have that sixth sense for spotting them, and understanding their true intentions, which is not to steal from you per se (although some are looking to do just that), but if that happens they'll continue to scheme to find a way to repay you, and like Wile E. Coyote it just keeps blowing up in their face and the hole gets deeper and deeper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The last paragraph time's 100. This was my MO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So China, are you saying that Animosity is Windsor Lockwood?
    100 %, I heard him on radio and the voice was identical to the "leave Bryan Micon Alone" video. I PM him and he vanished

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I'm a bit irritated with myself over this. I don't give two shits about the hundo, but I'd be very unhappy if anyone shipped him money based on my participation in his BAP.

Even if he is sick, he doesn't have nearly a long enough track record on the forums for me to have shipped him any money at all, and frankly it was irresponsible of me to have done it. Not so much for myself, but by doing that I endorsed him by proxy and that was a mistake.

Im honestly not saying this to be a douche, but I definetly noted on his BAP that you were an investor before I made my investment. The $50 doesnt mean shit to me either, so i guess it is what it is.

The first time I got a somewhat queesy feeling about this guy was during the Vegas debacle. TheTemplar attempted to befriend me via pm, but he wouldnt stick up for me in the thread. Then when I offered to escrow (which is still an open offer BTW) I got multiple PMs from him wanting to be the escrow holder. I thought it was odd that he thought I would trust him with $1000 ($500 each) instead of Druff, China, Jasep, Steve-O, Tony or essentially anyone else.

Even with that, I still invested so I guess I didnt go with my initial read. Im still on the record as saying I want to believe this guy so bad.
    Wrong Searles, you were in before me. I noted it at the time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

another red flag bolded

Did you question his results like mine or did you just snap ship?

Load Metric
    I'm willing to bet a million dollars he's reading all of this right now.

The guy was on 24/7 when he was healthy, now that he's sick and has ZERO to do, he's all of a sudden not online?

Think about it....

We got burned, myself included.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have actually spoke at length with Templar about my thoughts on some of his behaviors, but I will keep that to myself until this pans out.
    Considering that there are many of us out here who have evidently engaged in small, and perhaps not so small, online (paypal, bank transfer, online poker) transactions with The Templar... will you please disclose the nature of these conversations, and what "behaviors" you are talking about?
    I warned some people that I consider to be close to me about doing business with Templar, not that I knew anything, just patterns that I have noticed that reminded me of other cases of scams in the past, particularly fminc and a few others. I had no proof or evidence.. just felt like something was off. Templar slow payed me badly for micro amounts, like 20 dollars, 40 dollars and always had some type of excuse (I can't even tell you how many graduations the guy must have went to in June) First his mother passed away, then he was having trouble at home, then something else, then a stroke. I mean if all that is true the guy is having the worst quarter in the history of life.

Someone that I had warned was highly offended by me saying be on the look out and told templar, and he confronted me about it and I told him he looked like a scammer and I gave him maybe 10 examples of how different things he was doing looked like a scam but unsuspecting people wouldn't realize it. He even agreed with me that he seemed like a scammer. Again, never having any proof I wasn't gonna put a guy on blast on a hunch and behavior patterns. I private messaged Druff about it awhile ago with my concerns, I messaged Druff again before the whole stroke thing with more concerns, I warned a few people who I thought may not be experienced enough to see it coming or were just trusting people..

I think the BAP was private so that the people who felt like something wasn't right (Me, Wiess, China, Willie) wouldn't be able to warn guys like Tony. Just my opinion on that one.
    (I'm sorry Tony, I wish you had asked me my opinion before buying the BAP)

There is a decent chance that Templar has some money coming from a contest in about a week. If he does in fact have that money coming I will send it to Druff to get it sorted among the people owed. If he doesn't have that money coming than that would unfortunately mean that I will be added to the list of people owed. I thought it was funny that Jsearsless was told he would get everything sorted in a week, which coincides with the end of the WSOP fantasy contest and that means he would have some money to pay people back, but it wouldn't be there money, he would be paying them back with my money. I am guessing there money is gone.

Load Metric
    Templar would always tell me he couldn't pay me because he had to run to the store to handle his paypal.

WHo goes to the store to load a paypal account?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

another red flag bolded

Tony- maybe it was Hockeyguy with the $100 that was in before me? I know for a fact one of you had put in $100 before i donated.

China- funny enough, i didnt question his stats before his BAP mainly because I didnt have any screen names. And it was $50 into a $500 BAP, not a $10,000 BAP which naturally requires more scrutiny. I thought I was 100% certain he was good for it, but it may have actually only been like 75%.....
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    another red flag bolded

Tony- maybe it was Hockeyguy with the $100 that was in before me? I know for a fact one of you had put in $100 before i donated.

China- funny enough, i didnt question his stats before his BAP mainly because I didnt have any screen names. And it was $50 into a $500 BAP, not a $10,000 BAP which naturally requires more scrutiny. I thought I was 100% certain he was good for it, but it may have actually only been like 75%.....

It's okay to admit that you just hated on china out of jealousy with the size of his bap, and went in blind on Templar.

We all make mistakes

Load Metric
    If he is reading it: I don't believe he had bad intentions (could be wrong, but it's my read from him), and if things are as the yappear to be, I hope he comes back and just explains the situation even if it makes him look terrible (lying about the stroke, in debt Brad Booth style, whatever). It's never too late to stop the charade, and at this point the amount he owes could easily be raised and repaid in the future. Just be honest if you fucked-up, we all do from time to time.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    has he done this before? my main question is: is he a big part of another forum? and does he have any other names he goes by other than THETEMPLAR. just wondering if anyone has found anything from his past.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

It's okay to admit that you just hated on china out of jealousy with the size of his bap, and went in blind on Templar.

We all make mistakes

Load Metric
    Maybe so, I'll double check my dates for commitment and when I shipped.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    If he is reading it: I don't believe he had bad intentions (could be wrong, but it's my read from him), and if things are as the yappear to be, I hope he comes back and just explains the situation even if it makes him look terrible (lying about the stroke, in debt Brad Booth style, whatever). It's never too late to stop the charade, and at this point the amount he owes could easily be raised and repaid in the future. Just be honest if you fucked-up, we all do from time to time.
    I agree with all of this. I think he just had all of his cards crumble at once.

Thread Information