Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RULE: Only I can escrow money for PFA contests, PLUS no running stakes on this site without prior permission

Load Metric
    Where does Templar live? Chaz was a Vegas guy, correct? Originally from central or Eastern Pa iirc. I never followed the Sparky posts, had he moved? Didn't the Templar live in upstate NY ?

I almost pm'd Druff that I thought something was off about the guy, but I noticed he hadn't commented in the stroke thread, and I assumed he already had his eye on the situation plus I had nothing to lose and it wasn't my business.

The 2 glaring things that made no sense were that he twittered that he was permanently blind in early afternoon and by 6PM it was a minor stroke. Normal people don't exaggerate about something serious. If anything, you downplay it. And doctors are always optimistic until they can't be, so it wasn't like some doctor gave him bad info and somewhere in that 4 hours he got amazing news.

Also, didn't he claim to be a minor league level baseball player in his early 20's, and by 29 he had the body of a 70 year-old man? You can do a lot of damage in that amount of time, but it's rare, and those that I know who have I would never trust with money. One doesn't deteriorate that fast unless living way hard, and those people are never good investments.

I didn't get the Chaz vibe at all. If it's him, I was likely thrown by the age discrepancy. I can't recall a scammer who changed their age that much. Chaz is like my age iirc. You can always get a feel for someone's age just by music, movies, etc. Everything Druff references is stuff I'm familiar with because we share similar time frames. If I tried to act 29, I think I'd get caught real quick making a strange reference that I shouldn't know, or not knowing some cartoon that aired in 1990 when I was 20.

As I said the first day in that other thread, he felt like a sports degen, kind of a badguy type. Type to get jammed up easily, but also pay eventually. Hopefully that's all it is. The hospital thing I could pull off in an hour if I wanted to, so that never really convinced me that much.

edit-posting while druff was posting

Load Metric
    I've spent last hour googling and sadly come to no conclusions.

There are some big similarities

Face in avatar for thetemplar looks very similar to chaz.
    Both are pittbull recuers and have trained in mma from a young age.
    Their post structure is similar in terms of setting up tournaments.

But there are some big gaps too.
    - no evidence they live anywhere near each other (Chaz was in arizona)
    - certain unique things the templar mentioned don't seem to come up for chaz.

There really wasn;t anything damning I could find. Mind you I'm no pro like Abrown.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    Seriously dude, that dog looks fucking awesome. It's a friendly dog, I'm assuming. Friendly pit bulls are cool as hell. Wait, is that like part boxer or something?

He is a mix of pitbull and I think boxer. He is extremely friendly, yet very protective of my two sons. He goes everywhere with them, and at night he man's his post outside of their bedroom.

He was a rescue from an animal shelter down in Louisana. Couple other pics: The 2nd is him keeping an eye on the kids as they were getting something from the ice cream man. (Wrestlemania Bar obv.)

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    From the dog thread, he posted pics of his other dog and 2 baby cats, he only has 1 pit bull, make of that what u will. Yea he claimed minor league baseball and asked me if I lived in NY because he would love to play softball. Still there's a side of me that thinks he's legit and did have a stroke, we'll see.

I would rather he turns out to be a small time scammer than a young, healthy, cool ass dude who has 2 boys to raise and had a stroke out of nowhere and is now blind or worse, that would be so sad and tragic. If he's a scammer lol epic thread, spend it wisely.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 07-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Load Metric
    I should mention despite similarities I do not think they are the same guy. Too many big holes. As for whether scam who knows...

Load Metric
    Googling chazmental and donkdown thread pops up and my comment on chazmental story about father was,

"This isn't a level. He's made few posts, but I can just tell he's pretty no nonsense and isn't looking to make up stories to impress kids."

LOL. Possibly my worst read of all time.

And claimed at that time to be born in '67. so 44 or 45.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    LOL @ rewriting history, somehow 2 days became almost a week and me paying you within 24 hours of me saying I would pay you in 24 hours equals me being bust... And you can stand by what you said, that doesn't change the fact that what you said was almost completely wrong
    This will be the last time I post on this topic, Fact #1. You ducked me for almost a week in total. Fact #2. You owed me cash and knew you did. Fact #3. If I didn't blow you up on the forums You would have ducked me for much longer. Fact #4. I 100% did nothing wrong here. Fact # 5. You are the one who was in the wrong here, slow paying, ducking, avoiding all texts/phone calls, I know my dog was sick, my moma was sick, I lost my phone, blah blah blah, and last but not least, Fuck off, Thanks 4BET

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Found this also, he does appear to rescue pits.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post
    If you or anyone knows someone in the NY area looking for a little buddy. This poor guy needs a good home.

7 month old Pitt, rescue. Feel free to message me for more info.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

3 random Chazmental posts
    No, because of the fact that even though I learned to defend myself I still would not fight back with him. Just take the hits. Thats why physical pain doesn't really affect me even today. (actually part of my daily workout even now is getting hit with a kendo stick).

Actually I do belive that when I was maybe 14-15 I coulda went toe to toe with him. Again though it was so instilled in my brain to just lay down curl up and take it and thats what I did.

Understand what you are saying. It is hard to put into words the mindset really since I knew that I could absorb the pain and just deal with it. I did run away once. It was brutal when I returned. My step mom was getting the beatings BECAUSE I ran away. Like I said she is still not over it and can't stop talking about it. Her new husband is a damn saint to just be able to listen to it day in and day out.

Funny I can't raise my hands to my daughters. Only time I hit them is during training and its with gloves on (they also wear headgear) and it is never with anger.

I will say if it wasn't for my Grandmother and first sensei I think I could have turned out alot different (read that as a pyschotic, derrainged nut ball).

Meditation is still the key to letting go of the past and moving forward.
    Hector, Not at all. I am at peace with myself and those around me. There are only few times I have come close to snapping but overall I think I handle my past and my future well.

3 random from TheTemplar
    This isn't a freeroll so I felt it is open game. The first day I made this thread, he made a post saying that time would be good for him.

He then pm'ed me and asked me if he was allowed in the league. I told him that if it would turn people away, I would have to say no. I told him that I did see his post about the time being good for him, and that I was very surprised no one had replied to it. I told him then, to wait a couple of days, and see if anything comes of it.

When no one spoke up I said ok then, people want to beat him.

We should be all wrapped up by 10est. I was thinking maybe starting the tourney at 8pmest.

We can also keep it at 8 weeks, and keep your 6 best scores. This is what I was thinking of doing initially.

Hockey guy sent his payment via mail. I trust him so count him as paid.

I was also thinking that we have a $10 bounty each week on the points leader. You guys cool with that?

Hey guys.

First of all, thank you for all the really thoughtful messages I have received over the past week. It really means a lot to me.

The past week has been pretty brutal. With all the meds I am on, from Oxy, blood thinners etc, all of them have really put me on my ass. I got into an argument with my primary doc on Tuesday, simply because he wasn't willing to help me whatsoever. It seemed as if he wasn't even listening to a word I said. He asked me what my main concerns were, I told him my vision, my heart, and these migranes. His response was... Well at least your vision came back, I said where the fuck have you been these past 45 minutes? I cant see a fucking thing, im blind in my left eye. He replied with really? I just got up and left. So I found a new primary.

Went to the eye doctor at Albany Med yesterday, nice Indian lady, who was really up front with me. She basically told me that this was way over her head, as it actually was a nuerological issue, and actually not am eye issue. So she referred me over to a neuro-optamologist. Sorry for the spelling. Good thing was, they got the scans back that show exactly where the blood clots are in my head/brain, that are impairing my vision. I have an appointment with the new doc on Tuesday.

These migraines are another story. I can't do anything. The pain is just so brutal. For them to settle down or go away, I basically have to lie flat on my back, in bed, in complete darkness. Well i will keep you guys updated, Thanks a bunch for all the messages.

Any similarities? Not in content but in writing style, you make the call, anywho, i'm done you guys will figure it out.

Load Metric
    If this guy is sick then, hope he gets better. If not, then I hope he falls in a pit full of bulls. I fucking hate scammers. So if he did, he ducked out just when people starting to put the pieces together.....hmmmm this sounds familiar,too familiar.

Load Metric
    Templar will most likely be owed money from a fantasy pool I am doing, he will probably resurface for that, but if people here are out money they will be paid instead of him

Load Metric
    So the consensus is that he is one of the following:

1 -- A small time scammer (potentially a dupe account of some otehr scammers)

2 -- A stroke victim who maybe has more important things going on than paying back a few hundred bucks (maybe up to a $1,000)

BUT, there is always the third possibility that he is simply a degenerate gambler and ended up losing the money? I know someone who would do the same thing, take small amounts thinking he could pay it back when his "sure thing" came in, but ended up losing it and then would duck everyone til he did make a score.

I generally avoided him on the forums because something was setting off alarm bells in my head (not saying he is a scammer, just that something seemed "off" about him and his story). He just seemed too willing to make a bet, and fast-talking about his life but was unwilling to divulge who he was despite doing all of these amazing/degen/crazy things. This is why I quickly changed the idea of a prop bet for that WSOP Fantasy team from $$$ to a signature-change bet.

I have dealt with two of the bigger online poker scammers in my life on two different levels:

--TheAlex who rolled the neverbeg staking forum for five-figures, was someone I spoke to on the phone, discussed poker strategy with, and he even played a WSOP Main Event sattelite for me back in the day (My son's baby shower was the same day) so I guess I'm guilty of account sharing circa 2006 Even though this was one of my best poekr friends at the time, and someone I had known for two or three years, when he played the satellite on InterPoker for me I emptied the account beforehand (I think I left like $50 so it didn't look like I did) and changed the password..... As a side note, 10 people got seats, he finished 14th when AT>AQ FML

--Nick "NGaskin" Gaskin who rolled 2+2 for FTP point conversions (a couple thousand i believe) was my second dust-up with a scammer but I repeatedly warned people about him as I had that "not right" felling about him.

I guess my experience with these two makes me skeptical of anyone on forums singing their own praises. I see a lot of similarities here (TheAlex went missing for a bit only to return with some story about getting hit by a car, another time he started a t-shirt company, and had his own personal demons he would often talk about). He was also a lot like Templar in that he was young, and had done so much in life: he was a student at DePaul, was in a band, was a high-stakes bowler, pro poker player, yada yada yada. Also, the cons usually start out small so they can either build-up trust or if they can't pay just disappear into the night and show up with a new identity. I remember NGaskin tried to bink a much larger score by PMing people looking for huge transfers, but when it didn't work he came on the forums saying he got hacked and used that as a sob story of why his money was now locked-up (in the end he only managed to pull off the FTP scam).

I AM NOT SAYING TEMPLAR IS GUILTY. But, please people, don't trust people on an internet forum with your money unless they are well-known and have something to lose that makes stealing a couple hundred bucks an idiotic idea (AKA Druff). Basically, I wouldn't trust me with any considerable amount of money if I was in someone else's shoes on this forum even though: I've made a small bet with Jasep and paid, done a couple BAP transactions with Druff and China, and done some other small financial transactions with Jasep. AND my name is out there for all to see.

Sometimes we forget that $500 is a lot of money to some people, and if you're in enough of a bind it IS worth stealing.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    All of the money I sent to him I sent via Paypal. I have heard discussion on these boards about Paypal chargebacks? Anyone have any idea how that works, is it successful, etc? I literally have no real idea what that even means. Is it like canceling a check?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I have a faint memory of Sparky Griswold from back in the day on Tyde; he had posted about getting a piece of property where he planned to keep his rescue dogs. He even posted photos of the property. Anyone remember the location? That might fill in the gap between Vegas and New Yprk? No idea. I wasn't around for the Chaz incidents, but Jewdonk did post that Sparky was Chaz, so that was established. Is the only connection between Sparky/Chaz and Templar the dog thing? If so, I'll tell you my only (probably not useful) observation:

The Templar was a rescuer of cats, not pit bulls (as far as I know). He may have a had a single pit bull (posted in the dog thread), but I spoke to him on several occasions and he never talked about dogs. He definitely had a brood of kittens he had rescued - we talked about them more than once. Seemed like a super nice guy - hope this does not turn out to be true.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have actually spoke at length with Templar about my thoughts on some of his behaviors, but I will keep that to myself until this pans out.
    Considering that there are many of us out here who have evidently engaged in small, and perhaps not so small, online (paypal, bank transfer, online poker) transactions with The Templar... will you please disclose the nature of these conversations, and what "behaviors" you are talking about?

Load Metric
    Callied it over a month ago.

He might not have planned to be a scammer, but he got in way over his head and decided fuck it.

SFCALLEDIT

He has been doing shady shit since the first day I talked to him. His behavior reminded me a lot of my own.

He set me up with a merge account through someone I know closely, and he didn't realize I knew this person. He offered me 50% rakeback, and when I talked to his affiliate he told me Templar only gets 40% rakeback, so he would have promised me 10% from his pocket? lol, that shit just doesn't happen. Think about scammers: they offer you a deal too good to be true. Look above.

He also borrowed money from me as well as a few others. He paid the others back(I think) and paid me back partially. I don't know if this was to set me up for a big score, or he just wanted to shoot off 50 at a time and see if he could win it back to pay his debts.

Either way, shady shit is happening, and I warned about it OVER a month ago.

This never should've happened.

Load Metric
    Also, he had promised to pay these debts back at least 20 times before even sending me a dime. I think his time tables were crashing down on him so he decided to say fuck it and book out.

He had a fminc type of mentality, attempting to be everyone's friend.

Supposedly a family member died recently as well(RIP if true)

Something to look into. Given we have his real name, maybe someone with that last name died recently? I'd be shocked if you found that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have Templar's real name (I won't post it right now, since we don't have enough evidence yet to say that he's a scammer).

That name is not the same as chazmental's.

Of course, I got the name from Paypal, so perhaps it's not his account (a friend's or whatever).

If he permanently vanishes on us, I will be posting that name.
    I have the name that came up on the Paypal account he used

Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    hope this does not turn out to be true.
    I shipped him $25 on Paypal for the tournament entry fee on June 20th, the only thing I thought was odd was that after I posted in the Tourny thread I was "in" he sent very persistent PM's to ship him the money which raised a red flag but then i figured he was just being diligent in putting it all together after all who spazzes out over 25 bucks
    Druff said he got $50 from Templar on the 21st for 2 entry's, it would seen logical one was mine as Templar probably still had it available in his Paypal account so he sent to Druff to take some heat off

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have Templar's real name (I won't post it right now, since we don't have enough evidence yet to say that he's a scammer).

That name is not the same as chazmental's.

Of course, I got the name from Paypal, so perhaps it's not his account (a friend's or whatever).

If he permanently vanishes on us, I will be posting that name.
    Ditto
    I have the name that came up on the Paypal account he used

Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    hope this does not turn out to be true.
    I shipped him $25 on Paypal for the tournament entry fee on June 20th, the only thing I thought was odd was that after I posted in the Tourny thread I was "in" he sent very persistent PM's to ship him the money which raised a red flag but then i figured he was just being diligent in putting it all together after all who spazzes out over 25 bucks
    Druff said he got $50 from Templar on the 21st for 2 entry's, it would seen logical one was mine as Templar probably still had it available in his Paypal account so he sent to Druff to take some heat off

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm a bit irritated with myself over this. I don't give two shits about the hundo, but I'd be very unhappy if anyone shipped him money based on my participation in his BAP.

Even if he is sick, he doesn't have nearly a long enough track record on the forums for me to have shipped him any money at all, and frankly it was irresponsible of me to have done it. Not so much for myself, but by doing that I endorsed him by proxy and that was a mistake.

Load Metric
    I'm a bit irritated with myself over this. I don't give two shits about the hundo, but I'd be very unhappy if anyone shipped him money based on my participation in his BAP.

Even if he is sick, he doesn't have nearly a long enough track record on the forums for me to have shipped him any money at all, and frankly it was irresponsible of me to have done it. Not so much for myself, but by doing that I endorsed him by proxy and that was a mistake.

Don't kick yourself. It's natural instinct to help people we like.

I have been on both sides of this wall many times. As the scammer and scammee. It's not your fault.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    So the consensus is that he is one of the following:

1 -- A small time scammer (potentially a dupe account of some otehr scammers)

2 -- A stroke victim who maybe has more important things going on than paying back a few hundred bucks (maybe up to a $1,000)

BUT, there is always the third possibility that he is simply a degenerate gambler and ended up losing the money? I know someone who would do the same thing, take small amounts thinking he could pay it back when his "sure thing" came in, but ended up losing it and then would duck everyone til he did make a score.

I generally avoided him on the forums because something was setting off alarm bells in my head (not saying he is a scammer, just that something seemed "off" about him and his story). He just seemed too willing to make a bet, and fast-talking about his life but was unwilling to divulge who he was despite doing all of these amazing/degen/crazy things. This is why I quickly changed the idea of a prop bet for that WSOP Fantasy team from $$$ to a signature-change bet.

I have dealt with two of the bigger online poker scammers in my life on two different levels:

--TheAlex who rolled the neverbeg staking forum for five-figures, was someone I spoke to on the phone, discussed poker strategy with, and he even played a WSOP Main Event sattelite for me back in the day (My son's baby shower was the same day) so I guess I'm guilty of account sharing circa 2006 Even though this was one of my best poekr friends at the time, and someone I had known for two or three years, when he played the satellite on InterPoker for me I emptied the account beforehand (I think I left like $50 so it didn't look like I did) and changed the password..... As a side note, 10 people got seats, he finished 14th when AT>AQ FML

--Nick "NGaskin" Gaskin who rolled 2+2 for FTP point conversions (a couple thousand i believe) was my second dust-up with a scammer but I repeatedly warned people about him as I had that "not right" felling about him.

I guess my experience with these two makes me skeptical of anyone on forums singing their own praises. I see a lot of similarities here (TheAlex went missing for a bit only to return with some story about getting hit by a car, another time he started a t-shirt company, and had his own personal demons he would often talk about). He was also a lot like Templar in that he was young, and had done so much in life: he was a student at DePaul, was in a band, was a high-stakes bowler, pro poker player, yada yada yada. Also, the cons usually start out small so they can either build-up trust or if they can't pay just disappear into the night and show up with a new identity. I remember NGaskin tried to bink a much larger score by PMing people looking for huge transfers, but when it didn't work he came on the forums saying he got hacked and used that as a sob story of why his money was now locked-up (in the end he only managed to pull off the FTP scam).

I AM NOT SAYING TEMPLAR IS GUILTY. But, please people, don't trust people on an internet forum with your money unless they are well-known and have something to lose that makes stealing a couple hundred bucks an idiotic idea (AKA Druff). Basically, I wouldn't trust me with any considerable amount of money if I was in someone else's shoes on this forum even though: I've made a small bet with Jasep and paid, done a couple BAP transactions with Druff and China, and done some other small financial transactions with Jasep. AND my name is out there for all to see.

Sometimes we forget that $500 is a lot of money to some people, and if you're in enough of a bind it IS worth stealing.
    Steve has some pretty good analysis here.

First off I am very certain Templar and Sparky are not the same person. As close to 100 % as you can get

Secondly I have had a lot of conversations with Templar both on Skype and a couple on the phone. From what he has told me (pre-stroke) he has been through a lot of tough times recently with various things so it is possible he is dealing with those things + a stroke. Unless he is just a chronic liar (which is a scammer trait obv)

I have loaned him money on Merge 5-10 times in amounts ranging from $25- $75 maybe and he always paid me back within a day or 2 or exactly when he said and he never tried for any crazy amounts. The last 1 or 2 times I loaned him he took a lot longer to pay me back $50. It took 10-14 days the last time so I stopped giving him any type of these loans after I received the last payment. + someone else I know was owed $100 and was waiting too and I don't know if they ever got paid. This person actually was the first one to come to me and say "this guy could be a scammer"

The most likely scenario from most people I have talked with is this and it is what Steve said in his 3rd point. Some people are just degenerate gamblers or bad gamblers or they just ran bad and then things get hairy. They get loans , they lose money, they pay back and then when their own well runs dry they slow pay, then they hide or they vanish or they make up elaborate stories. But until he makes a statement we won't know the truth unless he just never comes back here.

I only know Templar from these boards and my interactions with him have been pleasant. But is it possible he lied about the stroke? Many people I have talked to believe that. But on the other hand it is possible he did have a stroke as well. Didn't Jasep call a hospital and talk to him? If he were a scammer though, why would he lie about having a stroke? Wouldn't he just leave this community?

The most shady thing about this whole Templar situation is the private Bap for whatever amount of money it was. Sure people do private BAPS and stakes but why wouldn't he just make a thread on the board and make a BAP? He was well known here and might have sold out unless someone questioned him on his results and they sucked. The fact that he went private to people he didn't really know accept from these boards raises flags. Especially considering how much he was posting here and how much he was contributing to catching other scammers as well. Wouldn't you think if he was going to run a bap he would do it on the board for people to rail as well? Yes unless his intent was to get the money and if that was his motive then he succeeded.

Another scenario someone came up with was he was building his rep here and then was going to nail a scam at the same time. And now here we are. Lot's of different people are owed money for diff things is what I am hearing.

So either he is going through tough times and is low on cash, or he is a degenerate who ran up debt and told multiple lies and ran a bap scam and split. keep in mind he reserved 1k on my bap as well for wsop and said he was going to pay me that week. i wound up canceling it and then he never bought any when I re-listed

At first I thought his situation was a lot like me in my pre- pro days back in 2005-2008 when I was a heavy heavy party guy but now I am not sure because so many people are coming out with flags and questions and he hasn't answered them. Back then I would borrow 100 here and 200 there from Weiss or Ship but I always paid back when I said I would. I always had a steady job then and I knew I would be in this community for a long time so stiffing someone never entered my mind. I had dreams of playing for a living but never tried until 2009.

I have been scammed as well by a few people over the years from these boards and 1st guy to scam me was a guy on NWP. I went to the trade forum and needed like 400 on Stars and was going to give him AP. he sent me a PM and told me he was xxxxxxxx and he was sitiing at some table. That acc had like 5k on the table. I sent the money off like a fool and he dissapeared. He reappeared on Boris but never paid me.

Ship who I used to borrow money from 100 ball after 100 ball AND I WOULD GIVE HIM VIG asked me for a loan for like 200-250 after I was doing very good. He went broke and could never paid me back and I don't think he has been around much since he was called out for owing people money.

3rd guy was Animosity a little over a year ago. He asked me to trade him 215 stars for his FTP so he could play the anniversary tourney. He tried to send the 215 but for some reason he was denied. I got the first email from ftp saying it was pending but it never went through. After I saw it was pending I thought all was good and shipped him the stars. Then I saw it got declined and he said it was something to do with money he deposited or something. He never paid me and disappeared from these boards. I tried to email him and he never replied. I PM him @ boris and he stopped posting there and stopped posting at Venom. he then reappeared on here and I caught his voice on radio when he was arguing with 6toed pete. I PM him here and he never posted again.

Thread Information