Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: NEW RULE: Only I can escrow money for PFA contests, PLUS no running stakes on this site without prior permission

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

Even though you meant Jasep... Steve-O doesn't vouch for anyone! LOL. There are people I would recommend dealing with on this site, but I would never vouch for them.

On a serious note, if you get taken it's frankly your own fault and you shouldn't be dealing with people you don't really know for any amount that would make you say anything more than "Well that guy turned out to be a piece of shit". I've shipped three people here money or made bets (2 for BAPs) and all three are people I was aware of their names beforehand and their reputations, and all three amounts were nothing that if I lost I would try to hunt them down. If I shipped an anonymous screen-name $100 I would basically put the value of that $100 at somewhere between $0 and $75 depending on the screen-name.

Myself personally, I will not make a bet unless I can snap-pay the second the bet is over, which is why you'll never see making high-number bets. also , if for some reason I couldn't pay I would instantly explain the situation and let the person know when they could expect payment.

Sorry I get you two mixed up from time to time. FWIW I look at you two as like the level headed father figures of the site lol.

Load Metric
    Just listening to this weeks radio now. Any updates about thetemplar? I have to say he didn't do a very good job of explaining or defending himself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As many of you know, TheTemplar is now MIA.

Last we heard, he claimed to have had a stroke, and was in the hospital.

While it was verified that he was indeed in the hospital, we don't know for sure what he was there for, and he has posted on PFA since that happened. Then he just completely vanished.

Prior to this, I had been receiving warnings from people that TheTemplar was engaging in suspicious (albeit small-time) transactions with people, and was exhibiting patterns similar to past scammers. Since there was no proof beyond some slow-paying, I decided not to say anything, especially because most of the people who warned me asked me to stay quiet for the moment. I also stayed quiet because the amounts of money were all relatively small.

However, I was concerned when I saw the PFA Weekly Tournament League start, and Templar was escrowing the money. I quickly took over, and decided that I felt uncomfortable with ANYONE besides me escrowing money for tournaments/contests, even if they were longtime trusted members.

At that point I stated that all money had to be escrowed through me, but some money had already been sent to Templar, which he promised to ship me. He sent me $50, but also promised another $125 (that came from Hockey Guy), which I still don't have to this day.

At the moment I believe I have $77.22 to distribute back to the affected parties, whom I believe were out a total of $175 from that league.

Obviously not big money.

Others are concerned that they bought a piece of the BAP he was running (which was pitched privately, not publicly), and also might be out that money, as well.

And there's still a chance Templar will come back, and that this is all just a lot of suspicion over nothing.

However, I have decided that I don't want this -- or the chance of this -- to ever occur again.

Therefore, the following new rules are in place, and they apply to ALL members of this forum, regardless of length of time in the community, reputation, or friendship with me:

1) You may not escrow funds for any contest or tournament run on PFA. All escrowing MUST be done by me.

2) You may not run any sort of stake or BAP through this site, unless I give you explicit permission to do so. This includes both publicly and privately. From this point forward, no one is allowed to use this site, whether publicly or privately, to secure stakes/BAP UNLESS I GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO DO SO. If someone approaches you for this, please tell me immediately via PM.

3) You may hold your own contests and award your own prizes, but if the total prize pool exceeds $200, it must be escrowed with me first, unless I give you permission to do otherwise. For example, let's say you hold a contest to guess Romney's VP pick. If you are awarding $100 to the winner, you don't need to send me the $100 first. If you are awarding $200 or more, you do need to send it to me first. This will prevent the "DJ Chaps situation" that occurred on DD when peterdc offered a prize and then was outed as a scammer before Chaps could redeem it. In the event that you are awarding a non-monetary prize, you will need to clear it with me first, and possibly give me a "deposit" that guarantees you will be actually awarding the prize.

I am taking the above rules VERY SERIOUSLY and will ban/suspend people who break them.

If you are currently escrowing funds related to PFA, please send them to me immediately.

If you are running a stake/BAP here (whether publicly or privately), please contact me immediately and see if you still have permission to do so. Chinamaniac is excepted (only for the stakes/BAP, not the escrow part), as I am giving him permission to continue running stakes/BAP here, given his longtime standing in the community and stellar history regarding paying people.
    new rule should be a sticky or at least listed in the forum rules Mr Druff
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Jasep has sent me $150 to go toward the Templar scam refund.

I have gotten nothing from him, and have to admit that this is looking highly likely to be a scam, or at the very least a guy who "borrowed" money that wasn't his and now can't pay back.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Streetbike Tommy has really hijacked this thread

Load Metric

I have gotten nothing from him, and have to admit that this is looking highly likely to be a scam, or at the very least a guy who "borrowed" money that wasn't his and now can't pay back.
    So currently you have $227.22 to ship back to the affected parties? I know that Tony-Bags has already been shipped $100 so he is off of the list.

What will be the procedure on this? Will you come up with a total amount owed and then just pay everyone $.50 on the dollar or whatever the math comes out to?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

So currently you have $227.22 to ship back to the affected parties? I know that Tony-Bags has already been shipped $100 so he is off of the list.

What will be the procedure on this? Will you come up with a total amount owed and then just pay everyone $.50 on the dollar or whatever the math comes out to?
    Your cut goes straight to Vegas, bro

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Wanna bet?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Vegas should definitely get anything that jsearless is owed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Wanna bet?
    YEAH LET'S BET FAG

OH nevermind you won't pay SCAMMER so FUCK OFF.

Until the 5 hundo is paid back we own you, BRO. You don't make the rules around here you scamming POS. You essentially don't exist and all funds are insta shipped to Vegas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

Wanna bet?
    YEAH LET'S BET FAG

Until the 5 hundo is paid back we own you, BRO. You don't make the rules around here you scamming POS. You essentially don't exist and all funds are insta shipped to Vegas.
    We? Did Druff ship you a percentage of the site and not tell anyone?

I will escrow $50 right now and wager you that once TheTemplar situation is figured out that Druff will ship me my portion of stolen funds. Deal?

Load Metric
    things are heating up now. i can't wait to see how things turn out.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

YEAH LET'S BET FAG

We? Did Druff ship you a percentage of the site and not tell anyone?

I will escrow $50 right now and wager you that once TheTemplar situation is figured out that Druff will ship me my portion of stolen funds. Deal?
    stfu and pay vegas the 500, druff has already labeled you a scammer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess we can file this under "The fminc All-Stars"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Vegas should definitely get anything that jsearless is owed.

Although, call me crazy, but I doubt Druff will ship it to me.

Thread Information