Thread: Six signs that you will soon cheat on your spouse or relationship

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Six signs that you will soon cheat on your spouse or relationship

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1672656.html

Interesting article.

Even not being a cheater myself, I believe that all of these are true.

I actually got pretty good over the years at figuring out if a girl is going to cheat on her boyfriend just from talking to her about her relationship for about 5 minutes.

That list is missing an important #7:

7) Going out frequently with single people and engaging in activities usually done by singles. This includes routine visits to bars, clubs, singles-type parties, etc. Often people do this as a first step to cheating (or breaking up), making themselves feel as if they are single and free without actually taking the step to cheat or end the relationship.

Load Metric
    A great article by Chuck Klosterman a few years back that I think nails this subject on the head. http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ0205AMER_P52

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    A great article by Chuck Klosterman a few years back that I think nails this subject on the head. http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ0205AMER_P52
    Great read.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In my opinion, this isn't exactly the same subject.

The article you posted gets more into discussing monogamy and whether it's still relevant (and how to make it work).

But it still had some interesting passages, like this one:

When I was in my twenties, I figured something out: If you are a weird-looking dude (which I am) and you want to date exclusively beautiful women (which I do), the key is to pursue beautiful women who are already in relationships. Let's say you live in Omaha and you meet a hot single woman who is actively dating lots of guys. In order to win her affection, you have to be more desirable than every other single guy in Omaha. It's you against everybody. However, let's say you meet a hot woman who is dating some dude named Mitch. This situation is way, way easier. Now you merely have to be more desirable than Mitch. It's you against him. However, what I've come to realize is that I was not convincing these women to like me; I was merely convincing them that staying faithful to Mitch was unreasonable. I wasn't seducing them in any real context; I was simply eroding their morality.
    I don't agree with his statement at the end, but the rest of it is spot on. What this guy really did was become the anti-Mitch. Basically, Mitch's girlfriend was irritated about various faults that Mitch had, and all the author had to do was present himself as someone without those same faults. He is likely correct that it is much easier to steal a hot chick currently in a troubled relationship than to get with that same hot chick when she's single.

This is a very similar concept to the most important factor to being a winning poker player: Game selection.

Game selection is extremely important in dating. I learned this early on.

Think about game selection in poker. You want to play in the games where you have the most skill compared to your opponents. This means doing the following:

1) Only playing in forms of poker that you're good at
    2) Doing your best to join games where most (or all) of the competition sucks

Do both #1 and #2, and you will be a big winner.

Same thing applies to dating. That's why I met so many girls from chat rooms, computer bulletin boards, and party lines over the years. I discovered that I was really good at talking on the phone to women, and I also discovered that the guys in chat rooms/BBSes/party lines were typically very undesirable and very easy to beat out.

As far as I was concerned, I saw bars and clubs as poor game selection. I would be up against a lot of good looking, smooth talking, and/or otherwise desirable guys, and I wouldn't be playing my best game (cold-meeting girls in person and trying to make small talk.)

I was never much into stealing girls out of existing relationships, but I totally see what the guy is saying.

Load Metric
    Interesting read...I think.

I can't decide if I like Chuck Klosterman or if I fucking hate him. I liked Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs when I was like 17 but now always find myself debating whether I think he's smart or idiotic. I liked his article on Breaking Bad even though I disagreed with it.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/.../bad-decisions

Thread Information