Thread: Ditzy female students at elite college condemn Israel as an apartheid state and support a Palestinian state that will likely continue to make women second class citizens

Load Metric

Ditzy female students at elite college condemn Israel as an apartheid state and support a Palestinian state that will likely continue to make women second class citizens

http://www.businessinsider.com/barna...edium=referral

While I have generally been critical of almost all of the female bashing threads on this site, unless it involves Annie Duke, I have to hammer these young women for their mindless political correctness, naivete, and historical ignorance. Israel, a true democracy, may be the only good thing in that part of the world.

This is an example of what Islamic rule can do for women:

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...tmost-cruelty/

While I think that canings and long prison sentences for violent criminals are something for this country to consider, canings for love and sex is ludicrous.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

While I have generally been critical of almost all of the female bashing threads on this site, unless it involves Annie Duke, I have to hammer these young women for their mindless political correctness, naivete, and historical ignorance. Israel, a true democracy, may be the only good thing in that part of the world.

While I think that canings and long prison sentences for violent criminals are something for this country to consider, canings for love and sex is ludicrous.
    Can't both things be true? Can't we acknowledge that the treatment of women in most Muslim countries is barbaric and unacceptable, and also that Israel is an apartheid state?

What struck me most about the picture in your link was how many women showed up to watch the caning and even record it. Assuming they weren't required to be there and assuming most aren't recording it for subversive purposes i.e. to turn over to Amnesty International. It's sick how people will often cooperate in and celebrate their own subjugation. Stockholm Syndrome.

Comments

MrTickle: came here to say this. both things are true

gimmick: yup this

big dick: yes sir well said hk
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Can't both things be true? Can't we acknowledge that the treatment of women in most Muslim countries is barbaric and unacceptable, and also that Israel is an apartheid state?

What struck me most about the picture in your link was how many women showed up to watch the caning and even record it. Assuming they weren't required to be there and assuming most aren't recording it for subversive purposes i.e. to turn over to Amnesty International. It's sick how people will often cooperate in and celebrate their own subjugation. Stockholm Syndrome.
    You are making the incorrect assumption that Islamic society is really a mysoginistic patriarchy where females are victims. Nothing can be further from the truth. No society could ever exist in such a state. The truth is that the majority of women are completely supportive of the society, as (they believe) it supports their main biological prerogative, successful procreation.

I imagine that Traditional societies that were very restrictive of expressive sexuality and promiscuity of young women evolved in a time where it is was very +EV to do so, because due to how hard life was and medical realities a young single women being promiscuous and having sex and children was pretty much a death sentence and an evolutionary dead end. In such a scenario, evolution of such a "repressive" society was probably very +EV move for that society as a whole.

IMO the main fault of traditionalists is not realizing their ways of life were developed and optimized for a different time and place, and may not be appropriate today. In a similar vein, the main fault of progressive society is being too sure their radical progressive ideas for shaping society are optimal. Most of the time they are ver sub optimal. The truth, as in most things, is probably somewhere in the middle.

But back to the main point. Women are not victims in Islamic society. They are for the most part willing actors, and the way of life that we find so strange and barbaric and repressive was probably very +EV in the time and place it came about it.

Comments

Sanlmar:

MumblesBadly: Islam *was* a revolution that fostered better women’s right back in the day. Emphasis on “was” and “back in the day”.

Load Metric

You are, of course, right that both things can be correct. The problem is that, in this case, they aren't. Rhodesia and South Africa were colonial remnant apartheid states that existed to allow whites to live comfortably and securely off the sweat of Black Africans without opposition. Israel was founded to insure that the worlds Jewish population would never again face the prospect of possible extermination. Do they now, or in the past have they always acted perfectly? No, but that's what happens when a democratic state has to constantly defend itself against undemocratic fanatical opponents. I also share your amazement at the presence of women to witness the abuse of other women over basically nothing.

Platinum
    Load Metric

You are, of course, right that both things can be correct. The problem is that, in this case, they aren't. Rhodesia and South Africa were colonial remnant apartheid states that existed to allow whites to live comfortably and securely off the sweat of Black Africans without opposition. Israel was founded to insure that the worlds Jewish population would never again face the prospect of possible extermination. Do they now, or in the past have they always acted perfectly? No, but that's what happens when a democratic state has to constantly defend itself against undemocratic fanatical opponents. I also share your amazement at the presence of women to witness the abuse of other women over basically nothing.
    Nonsense, with the help of outside influence the blacks successfully took the land only to find out their lives were better under white rule hence...
    Zimbabwe invites exiled white farmers to return
    White farmers in Zimbabwe have been thrown a lifeline by the country’s new government, offering hope to those who live in fear of losing their livelihoods and raising the prospect of a new era in the shattered country.

The country’s new agriculture minister, Perence Shiri, told the white farmers, many of whom struggled under the recently deposed Robert Mugabe, that they would be offered 99-year leases over their land.
    Zimbabwe wants them to come back and to never leave again. It'll be a cold day in hell that the Palestinians would ever consider inviting the Jews back.

Anyhow atleast someone has respect for human life
    Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Prestigious Awards Ceremony in Israel
    Government minister suggests revoking Portman's Israeli citizenship

She's was supposed to receive an award that came with $2 million dollars, respect.
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/na...el-1202770226/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

Nonsense, with the help of outside influence the blacks successfully took the land only to find out their lives were better under white rule hence...
    Zimbabwe invites exiled white farmers to return
    White farmers in Zimbabwe have been thrown a lifeline by the country’s new government, offering hope to those who live in fear of losing their livelihoods and raising the prospect of a new era in the shattered country.

The country’s new agriculture minister, Perence Shiri, told the white farmers, many of whom struggled under the recently deposed Robert Mugabe, that they would be offered 99-year leases over their land.
    Zimbabwe wants them to come back and to never leave again. It'll be a cold day in hell that the Palestinians would ever consider inviting the Jews back.

Anyhow atleast someone has respect for human life
    Natalie Portman Pulls Out of Prestigious Awards Ceremony in Israel
    Government minister suggests revoking Portman's Israeli citizenship

She's was supposed to receive an award that came with $2 million dollars, respect.
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/na...el-1202770226/
    I'm not sure what the dictatorial bungling corrupt rule of Robert Mugabe has to do as to whether Rhodesia was an apartheid state. Oh wait, I do know, nothing. Hopefully, Zimbabwe can move forward and create the kind of multiracial state that should have always existed. Given the long tragic history of that entity, I'm not optimistic.

As for the lovely and very talented (see the movie "Closer") Natalie Portman, she may be forced to spend her buckets and buckets of money in London or Hollywood instead of Tel Aviv. I doubt even this will happen but I wonder what would happen to an Islamic arts figure who crossed a forbidden line. Salman Rushdie perhaps? Play us a tune Cat Stevens, or whatever your new name is, you murderous scumbag. (Yusuf Islam)

Thread Information