Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *IMPORTANT* -- Regarding unclaimed freeroll/contest money

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Look, I am telling you people just pay Michael a 10% Vig to manage and be done with it. It will give him a few bucks splashing around money each month and people will get paid on time. What, are you going to object not getting $100, versus $94?

It also helps Michael tremendously in future interviews because he can say he is a bookkeeper (manages the books) for a company with global customers. Its a win-win.

Comments

hongkonger: Interesting math you have there

I should have qualified Druff's management fee if he chooses to impose one. I would recommend against it, but I included it in just in case. He is operating the site at a loss, so this was my idea to help him recuperate some of these costs. It's called forward thinking.
    This fee would also invite potential legal trouble of the charges of money laundering for collecting a fee on processing those payouts. Are you *trying* to get Druff thrown in prison?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Lol why is this so difficult . In the
    past we would messege druff and
    He might forget or wait to get 20
    people and do it all at once .Now
    all you have to do is simply put
    your screen name in new contest
    winners thread with date and amount
    won and Druff will pay you .
    Going forward you have one year to claim .
    If you need it quickly type URGENT !
    Otherwise it might take a week or so.

When he pays he wil comment under your request.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, I'm going to remove the junk/troll posts from this thread and eject Young Curacao from it. (In fact, I'm getting close to banning him, as he's once again bringing nothing to the table here except pathetic trolling.)

handicapme, thanks for your offer. I will contact you regarding the spreadsheet. Obv I could create a spreadsheet myself, but I don't create many spreadsheets, so I'm not as good at doing so as someone like you who probably does it a lot more because of your line of work.

Regarding some other points raised here:

The 9 month time frame to claim prize money: As mentioned before, I am willing to modify this. I think 6 months is a better number.

Regarding the requirement to collect winnings in BTC: Not necessary. The different methods of payment isn't what's slowing me down, unless it's something unusual like poker site money I don't have. I will keep all of that the same. However, I might put an end to facilitating trades so people can get paid through other payment methods (such as poker site $ on a site I don't play), because that causes a delay, and then people get unhappy. I think I'll just require that you either accept one of my methods to pay, or you find someone to accept on your behalf and send you the money another way.

Regarding the bottom prizes in the freeroll being too small: I agree that it's stupid for people to win $6. I should have ended this a long time ago. Starting next week, the minimum prize will be $10. This might mean some weeks will only pay 3 spots, but no big deal.

I do want to make one more statement regarding the reason this was happening.

Some trolls have accused me of doing this on purpose -- as a secret way to take in extra money while pretending to run the site at a loss. That could not be further from the truth. If I wanted to make money from this site, I wouldn't need to come up with a devious plan to steal $6 at a time from lazy 4th place winners in the freeroll. I could have cluttered this site with ads and other crap you see on other sites with similar activity levels. I could have repeatedly shoved affiliate crap in your faces. I didn't do any of that, because I didn't want to make this place about that sort of thing.

Even in the loosest interpretation of how much money I could have "made" from unclaimed freeroll money -- say, $2500 (which is absolutely not the figure, by the way) -- I still would have lost money on this site overall.

While it's expected that trolls will say this type of stuff to get people riled up (especially on a site like this), I hope that no one truly believes I was doing any of this intentionally. I have put a lot of time and trouble into providing this forum community and radio show at my own expense/effort, and I'm pretty much the last person you'd ever be able to accuse of running a website for personal gain/profit. Even when this site had hats made, I sent them out for free as a "thank you" to the community, and ate the expense for production and shipping.

If you really believe this was an intentional scheme to steal from the freeroll pool, you need to get real with your life and look at this whole thing rationally.

Comments

Tellafriend: I ❤️ Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Then China also told me that matos claimed I owed him money from way back, which I still haven't verified, but plan to do so later today.

Any update on this? Trying to lock down classic donations

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

Then China also told me that matos claimed I owed him money from way back, which I still haven't verified, but plan to do so later today.

Yes, he donated $20, and I will ship it to you right now.

Also shipped Brandon $9 on behalf of Sanlmar

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Yes, he donated $20, and I will ship it to you right now.

Also shipped Brandon $9 on behalf of Sanlmar
    Awesome , got it thanks!

Thread Information