Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump's attorney went to the worst lawschool in America.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There really are too many lawyers out there. I think many enjoy the thought of the prestige it carries, and they also envision themselves making big money.

I agree with most of the stuff posted above by hongkonger and others, that most of this is a pipe dream.

There are so many lawyers out there willing to take shit jobs for very little money.

And then there are the ones working lucrative jobs who are worked to death, and give up on the profession because of that. If you guys remember, that's why Martha quit being a lawyer in Georgia and ran off to Vegas with Micon (well, that, and her marriage was horrendously bad.)

Also, much of the work can be mundane and tedious. It's not nearly as fun or interesting as it looks from the outside.

I actually have the aptitude and personality type to have become lawyer, but it never appealed to me to actually pursue because of all of the above factors.

From what I can see, the happiest lawyers are the ones who carve out some niche for themselves, where they run their own practice from home and have a part-time office, and take relatively simple cases which still pay okay/decent money (personal injury, divorce, etc).

But I want to cry for the ones taking traffic ticket cases.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There really are too many lawyers out there. I think many enjoy the thought of the prestige it carries, and they also envision themselves making big money.

I agree with most of the stuff posted above by hongkonger and others, that most of this is a pipe dream.

There are so many lawyers out there willing to take shit jobs for very little money.

And then there are the ones working lucrative jobs who are worked to death, and give up on the profession because of that. If you guys remember, that's why Martha quit being a lawyer in Georgia and ran off to Vegas with Micon (well, that, and her marriage was horrendously bad.)

Also, much of the work can be mundane and tedious. It's not nearly as fun or interesting as it looks from the outside.

I actually have the aptitude and personality type to have become lawyer, but it never appealed to me to actually pursue because of all of the above factors.

From what I can see, the happiest lawyers are the ones who carve out some niche for themselves, where they run their own practice from home and have a part-time office, and take relatively simple cases which still pay okay/decent money (personal injury, divorce, etc).

But I want to cry for the ones taking traffic ticket cases.

Name:  EpbLm_s-200x150.gif
Views: 109
Size:  331.7 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    There were some panic attacks from my class during the bar as well many years ago. I can't imagine how the snow flakes of today handle it. Certainly not the kind of exam you want to have to take more than once.

My experience is that people often times go with a less smart attorney when engaged in unethical/less scrupulous business activities. The over smart tend to takes things way too seriously.

"Famed Gay-Rights Lawyer Sets Himself Afire To Protest Environment"

https://patch.com/new-york/downtown-...suicide-report

See also Cate Hall's twitter feed.

Thread Information