Thread: R. Lee Ermey AKA Sgt. Hartman DD

Platinum
    Load Metric

R. Lee Ermey AKA Sgt. Hartman DD

RIP and Semper Fi Gunny

Godspeed

Side note: BTW Ermey's role as Sgt Hartman was primarily Ad Libbed.

Comments

Reno: I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would fuck a person in the ass, and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you!

hongkonger: You can come home and fuck my sister
    Last edited by Gordman; 04-15-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Who gave him permission to die?

Comments

Gordman:
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    RIP

Load Metric
    Ugh, that sucks. One of the best memories I had of him was on sports talk radio where they had him on air for an hour on just bullshitting about life. He was 74, how the fuck do you die of pneumonia anymore? I thought we solved that a long time ago?

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: he did a good interview on the adam carolla show

Kuntmissioner: AIDS related most likely

Load Metric
    stay alert, stay alive

Comments

Gordman:

Load Metric
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Name:  4f7df80.gif
Views: 615
Size:  2.65 MB

Comments

jsearles22: lol

nunbeater: lulz

big dick: lol

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Who gave him permission to die?
    "Marines never die, they just go to hell and regroup"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Ugh, that sucks. One of the best memories I had of him was on sports talk radio where they had him on air for an hour on just bullshitting about life. He was 74, how the fuck do you die of anymore? I thought we solved that a long time ago?
    u can die when your ammune system is compromised and can't heal or fight it off quickly enough..cold turns into pneumonia and body is not strong enough.

my pops just beat bone cancer but his immune system is bad and hopefully there won;t be a round II. he the bangs his head gets a small cut, the wound gets bigger and takes a redick amount time to heal..that is if it doesn't get infected. you can beat cancer and die from little shit like this when you're old

they should get give him moar steroids to make him heal but not too much to fuck him up

Comments

ftpjesus: Sorry to Neg but Corticosteroids which are what is used in the medical profession SUPRESS the Immune System not boost it.. Your thinking of anabolic which arent legally used medically and are Category I Controlled Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    literally the father figure tyde should of had

Load Metric
    rofl shout out to ammune systems

Load Metric
    Story was that R Lee was a consultant on Full Metal Jacket & was offered the role because he was so good at the part. Really did steal the show, till he got shot anyway. Gomer Pyle died recently, now R Lee dies. Coincidence? Or is this Putin's big move?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    R Lee was in a lot of films . One of my favorite clips . RIP . Mr Ermey

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    RIP and Semper Fi Gunny

Godspeed

Side note: BTW Ermey's role as Sgt Hartman was primarily Ad Libbed.
    Wasn't much for him to ad lib per se. He had been a real DI in the Corps for 4 yrs before spending time in Okaniwa and then Nam (14 months in that swampy shithole they sent 50k plus to die and fucked up countless others including my father who ended up with physical and some mental health shit).

Ermey was quoting as saying Marines nowadays have no fucking idea how good they have it with the changes in how DIs can treat trainees.. FMJ was pretty spot on regarding how things used to be prior to Political Correctness and other bullshit disallowed DIs from hurting some little shits feelings.. He also said the job of the DI was to turn a trainee into a killing machine and keep himself alive and that combat/war was hell not some fucking video game and that being easy on recruits would lead to needless deaths.. (he was right too)

Load Metric
    he was most likely a better actor than marine. served 11 years which is weird. he twice decided to reenlist. he was on the "lifer" track with a pension after 20 to 30 years. decided to not reenlist several years after doing 14 months in nam, 68-69. in my experience NCO's were generally ok, but if one wanted to be a prick, the military system allowed for insane levels of bullshit. and some salty old alky fuck would always take advantage of the situation and fuck shit up for ~100 peeps.

what's with this shit? looks like squids been living in that skull.
    Name:  squids.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  23.5 KB
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    Ugh, that sucks. One of the best memories I had of him was on sports talk radio where they had him on air for an hour on just bullshitting about life. He was 74, how the fuck do you die of pneumonia anymore? I thought we solved that a long time ago?
    Unfortunate side effect of people being obsessed with antibiotics.. Too many folks getting them for shit they don't need them for (like a cold, flu or other virus cause ABTs only kill bacteria).. Were developing fucking superbugs due to the bacteria evolving.. There is already a bacteria out there known as CRE that is almost fatal over 1/2 the time now because there is only one ABT that can POTENTIALLY stop it and still doesn't always work or some people are allergic to it.. Hell I was in the hospital just over a year ago thanks to a Multi Drug Resistant infection.. Thought it had been beat by the oral abt I was on turned out I had two different strains of the same bacteria going on the second landed me in the hospital for 4 days and home on IV ABT with a PICC for 2 weeks... Evolution is a mother fucker sometimes...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegallyNonBindingPosts View Post
    he was most likely a better actor than marine. served 11 years which is weird. he twice decided to reenlist. he was on the "lifer" track with a pension after 20 to 30 years. decided to not reenlist several years after doing 14 months in nam, 68-69. in my experience NCO's were generally ok, but if one wanted to be a prick, the military system allowed for insane levels of bullshit. and some salty old alky fuck would always take advantage of the situation and fuck shit up for ~100 peeps.

what's with this shit? looks like squids been living in that skull.
    Name:  squids.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  23.5 KB
    Ermey probably was sick of how our military was treated after Vietnam.. My dad was in Nam and honestly the 70s were one of the lowest points of morale across the board in the military.. Also the transition from the mandatory draft to volunteer military also was a huge shift in policy.. (My dad did 2 stints working recruiting the second as a battalion commander in Florida in the Early to mid 80s). Truthfully the Soviets missed their chance they likely could've taken Europe easily when Carter was President considering the morale of the military, the US in general, and overwhelming superiority in numbers by the Warsaw Pact.. Carter wouldn't have had the balls to go Nuclear even on a tactical scale truth be told..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Ermey probably was sick of how our military was treated after Vietnam.. My dad was in Nam and honestly the 70s were one of the lowest points of morale across the board in the military.. Also the transition from the mandatory draft to volunteer military also was a huge shift in policy.. (My dad did 2 stints working recruiting the second as a battalion commander in Florida in the Early to mid 80s). Truthfully the Soviets missed their chance they likely could've taken Europe easily when Carter was President considering the morale of the military, the US in general, and overwhelming superiority in numbers by the Warsaw Pact.. Carter wouldn't have had the balls to go Nuclear even on a tactical scale truth be told..
    couldn't agree more. Ermey could of seen through all the BS of nam and opted out at first chance. had a marine relative come home from nam all fucked up. An older brother went in the army around 76 and got kicked out with a heroin and alcohol problem in Germany. He talked of race riots on base and "general strikes" when maneuvers and training were supposed to happen. Still see plenty of vets with rough lives at the VA clinics.
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Name:  30705893_633439807000916_700514238333976576_n.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  25.5 KB

Comments

hongkonger: don't feed the trolls

Suicide King: Lol
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information