This matter is far more complex than it appears on the surface.

Kilgore Trout appears to have drawn first blood with attacking splitthis back in November. splitthis' response was admittedly over-the-top and inappropriate. However, at the same time, some information regarding Kilgore Trout's past was unearthed, which raised major doubts about whether people could trust her. But then again, at the same time, KT had been associated with the poker community for at least 2 years prior, and there was not a single allegation of any rollings, nor did her actions resemble a setup for a long con.

I've since told KT privately that she's welcome to return any time, and that I don't believe she was here to scam.

When all of the dust settled, it was difficult to separate how much of splitthis' actions were motivated by a desire to protect the community from what she believed to be a scammer, and how much was motivated by personal hatred. Definitely splitthis was furious about KT's comments, and that was a large motivating factor, but it's also quite possible that splitthis felt she was also doing battle with a scammer, and running KT off was a public service in her eyes.

Between that, and KT's already-cited bravado as posted by gimmick, I dismissed the whole thing as a catfight gone wrong.

I felt splitthis acted creepy and out of line, especially with the "your sister lives XXX miles from me" stuff, but I let it go because I believed it was possible she thought she was really doing a good deed for the community (albeit for selfish reasons), and simply went too far.

I also thought back to splitthis' history on these forums. She's gone back over a decade between here, Boris, and NWP, and the KT situation was the first one where she was accused of "stalking" or threatening anyone.

I thought to myself, "Okay, I can forgive a freak-out if it occurs once per decade", and felt we probably wouldn't be dealing with this issue with her again.

Unfortunately, splitthis' popularity in this community is now at an all-time low, and she's not handling it all that well. I do want to see full evidence put together of splitthis threatening anyone here besides KT. I asked for this before, and Srsly responded, "I already posted it above."

Maybe I'm dumb, but I didn't see it.

Send it to me privately or post it publicly. This offer is open to anyone.

I am not looking to protect splitthis, and I haven't made a decision either way on this matter.