Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracket Release for PFA SPRING CLASSIC HEADS UP INVITATIONAL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    The Committee made it clear that anyone sending in a donation would have a good shot to make the field.
    lol what a joke. I'm out.

gl ABrown
    The committee is sorry you feel this way but we have been as honest and upfront about the selection process all along.

We are not perfect and have given 99% of the users a chance to participate in the satty or directly in the classic.

If SrslySirius or anyone else bows out pre-tourney we will make a decision on how we will deal with this later.

More than likely the opponent will receive a bye or we will fill thru the satty process or possibly something else

Stay tuned

Comments

sah_24: shady committee ...

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    I am officially out. You can keep my $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    fuck this. count me out too

Banned
    Load Metric

lol what a joke. I'm out.

gl ABrown
    The committee is sorry you feel this way but we have been as honest and upfront about the selection process all along.

We are not perfect and have given 99% of the users a chance to participate in the satty or directly in the classic.

If SrslySirius or anyone else bows out pre-tourney we will make a decision on how we will deal with this later.

More than likely the opponent will receive a bye or we will fill thru the satty process or possibly something else

Stay tuned
    China, I have always been your biggest fan, but this is bullshit.

Comments

sah_24: +1, such bull shit ... so many randos

Load Metric
    Europe Region

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Who the fuck is Wiagn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Stay tuned
    What is bullshit? What is it you are upset about?

Ive sunk about 20 hours into getting this thing organized. Why am I getting backlash?

Comments

sah_24: bc your picks show insanely gay favoritism ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Europe Region

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Who the fuck is Wiagn?
    Its how to spell your name while having dislexia

Comments

Wiganer: Dislexia rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    Who is "igotnotoe"? That's someone's dupe account right? Does the committee know whose it is, or did he buy his entry?

If the committee does not know who that is, how can it be sure he hasn't entered twice?

Comments

sah_24: So so many randos ...

Load Metric
    Fair enough, green rep for misspelling dyslexia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Hi all.

For those of you that truly want to forfeit your seed, I kindly ask you to read the following. If you still choose not to participate, we’ll honor your request and will find a worthy replacement.

I solely came up with the concept of the Spring Classic and posted this concept without speaking to a single individual first.

The reason I wanted to do so was that as some might not be aware of, I have been collecting money from Jasep for the past 3+ years from the worst scam that’s ever been perpetrated on these boards.

A surplus of money had built up and I wanted to find a way to give users who support the fraud site a chance to win some money, as well as build up some excitement here.

I named China the chairman of the selection committee before I had even talked to him about it lol. Thankfully he accepted and did a great job.

I had no role in seeding or selecting as I didn’t want any real or perceived biases on my part affecting the inaugural classic.

For transparency purposes I suggested putting Garett in the classic because I thought it would be great for the forums (and hopefully Garett). Remember Garett is someone I met at one time and subsequently threatened to kill me (both on the boards and on radio). I’ve since accepted his apology.

I was also messaged by a popular former member who self banned themselves and asked to play under an alias until the tourney began. I thought it would be fun (since this former user was popular) and passed this along to China and the committee. They flatly turned me down. I didn’t even think for a second of using my weight as the Spring Classic founder to over rule them.

My point being, there truly was no politics involved. I didn’t even know who I was playing until it was announced.

I later found out that both HockeyGuy and Limitless were the last 2 out per the committees private comments to me. I was told by China, who I’ve known for years and is without a doubt one of the most trustworthy posters/friends on here, that there was absolutely no politics involved.

The problem became that too many people were promised a spot whether it be because of a donation, their known poker ability etc.

I’ll go a step further even though China may be mad at me for doing so.

After Ballhawk donated $40 to the prize pool for himself and his wife, the committee felt the need to include them and that is what bumped limitless and hockey guy out.

Guys, we all worked hard to do this. I’ve spent more hours that I think anyone here knows chasing jasep down for literally years to collect money and I only wanted to start an annual tradition, give you guys (and girls) some fun, and disperse some of the money’s still left to the general forum.

Please consider the above.

Thanks and good luck in the classic!

GS

ZoD

Comments

BetCheckBet:

JACKDANIELS: zodspeed

SrslySirius:

IamGreek:

Tellafriend: gratitude

nunbeater: zod is god

Load Metric
    Who is "igotnotoe"? That's someone's dupe account right? Does the committee know whose it is, or did he buy his entry?

If the committee does not know who that is, how can it be sure he hasn't entered twice?

It’s a user myself and the committee knows and is 100% one person playing who is not playing under any other account.

Load Metric
    look i agree hockey guy defo way more worthy of a spot in this than a few of the people who ended up in the bracket but there has been a lot of effort put into making this happen so lets not ruin it by being a bunch of twats

Comments

BetCheckBet:

IamGreek:

Tellafriend: what then would this usual whiny crew do with all of their free time?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

1st off entries cannot be bought so not sure where you got that.

Donations carry weight along with many other factors but giving a donation was not the end all be all

The committee has been informed that Igotnotoe IS NOT double registered in the field. We have done our best to avoid fraud throughout the entire process

We will also have bellybuster double check this for us

Any other questions?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    For those of you that truly want to forfeit your seed, I kindly ask you to read the following. If you still choose not to participate, we’ll honor your request and will find a worthy replacement.
    I think the Spring Classic is a great gesture and will make a wonderful yearly tradition. That's why I donated money the cause.

I also think it needs to be much more transparent, dupes shouldn't be allowed, and the selection committee needs to be dissolved.

Everyone's hard work is appreciated. I just don't feel good about participating in its current form. GL everyone and hopefully I'll make it in there next year.

Load Metric

What is bullshit? What is it you are upset about?

Ive sunk about 20 hours into getting this thing organized. Why am I getting backlash?
    Something you have to learn early working in Financial Reporting. It's always much easier to be the editor than the author.

Everyone on this board would have ended up with a different 64. This was destined to be complained about no matter what the result. Once you accept that as fact it's easier to deal with.

As the CEO of one of the tournaments largest sponsors Im happy with the results. Furthermore I'd be happy to give my seat up to another board member if it helps. The tournament is larger than any one player.

Load Metric
    Calm down, nerds.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: this

Load Metric
    ok possible solution to this could be a vote, top 4 posters from the playoff satellite get entry into a prelim round - 2 hu matches winners get 2 of the 4 remaning spots

then the rest of those not voted for can still play out the satellite as planned and instead of 4 spots direct into the classic the final 4 can play another 2x hu matches for final 2 spots

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What does a seed number matter when I plan to beat all of you guys and you should be doing the same?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    ok possible solution to this could be a vote, top 4 posters from the playoff satellite get entry into a prelim round - 2 hu matches winners get 2 of the 4 remaning spots

then the rest of those not voted for can still play out the satellite as planned and instead of 4 spots direct into the classic the final 4 can play another 2x hu matches for final 2 spots
    Just got 5 nos and 2 yes from super 7 on this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    I think the Spring Classic is a great gesture and will make a wonderful yearly tradition. That's why I donated money the cause.

I also think it needs to be much more transparent, dupes shouldn't be allowed, and the selection committee needs to be dissolved.

Everyone's hard work is appreciated. I just don't feel good about participating in its current form. GL everyone and hopefully I'll make it in there next year.
    ludicrous

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Brandon, please shitcan this "china" person and let me handle this clusterfuck
    Slava Ukraini!

Thread Information